• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 49179

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2018
At what point does something ceases to be just a fun thing made for the pleasure of being shocked, and instead begins to be a gross promotion of misogyny? Because this anonymous confessions thread really is upsetting me right now.

Oct 27, 2017

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Buckle in for this one...This one takes the cake for "reasons we designed her"

"We need a dumb stupid, idiot. A real incompetent pilot"

EK_d_6SU4AAyDXv

EK_d_6TUUAA_tRl

"What about FOUR boobs?"

EK_d_6TVAAESDnM

"THUS A NEW FETISH WAS BORN!"

EK_d_6TUEAA7XqL

What the everliving fuck?

Did Blaster Master Zero have shit like this as well? I'm a fan of the NES original and liked the demo for BMZ, but I don't remember any of this garbage.

SchrodingerC

Oct 25, 2017

Jesus fucking christ, how dehumanizing. Good to see the thread became half a graveyard, but people should know better ffs.

At what point does something ceases to be just a fun thing made for the pleasure of being shocked, and instead begins to be a gross promotion of misogyny? Because this anonymous confessions thread really is upsetting me right now.

Posts like the 35 yo creep dating a 17 yo?

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid

I noped out of there in like five minutes. Props to people that have the stomach to keep reading that stuff; I don't.

The first one I read (and replied to) was someone saying that he and his wife talked to cats and then "talked back" as them, which is something me and my SO also do (yeah, avatar quote). Let's just say the mood whiplash from the couple next ones was quite something.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
^I wasn't able to read the comments on Kanna thoroughly before. Man it really, literally is just "creating a new fetish for guys to be into". Also haha, her breasts are like watermelons! Get it?!?

tumblr_ooy85bxQ4F1uy3noqo1_400.gifv

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
I noped out of there in like five minutes. Props to people that have the stomach to keep reading that stuff; I don't.

The first one I read (and replied to) was someone saying that he and his wife talked to cats and then "talked back" as them, which is something me and my SO also do (yeah, avatar quote). Let's just say the mood whiplash from the couple next ones was quite something.
Yep, just turned up to that thread and actually was skimming, saw your post about talking through cats, and though, "eh, this isn't bad, there's cute cat stories". Then I went to the next page.

I was not prepared and now feel sick to my stomach. That poster should be banned, fuck anomity, he's confessing to raping his wife (and yeah, forcing someone to get pregnant against their will is rape, and even the way he describes, am pretty sure he raped her via force as well.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Yep, just turned up to that thread and actually was skimming, saw your post about talking through cats, and though, "eh, this isn't bad, there's cute cat stories". Then I went to the next page.

I was not prepared and now feel sick to my stomach. That poster should be banned, fuck anomity, he's confessing to raping his wife (and yeah, forcing someone to get pregnant against their will is rape, and even the way he describes, am pretty sure he raped her via force as well.

I actually didn't read that specific confession you're talking about now (HOLY FUCKING SHIT!). It was other stuff I read (racism was a common thread) that made me nope out. Speaking of pregnancies; I also remember the woman who (allegedly, because I suspect over half of these confessions are blatant lies) got pregnant on purpose to prevent his boyfriend from leaving her. What could possibly go wrong?

Sorry, I guess we should stop bringing that garbage here; the topic of the thread is dark enough as is...

Last edited:

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Did Blaster Master Zero have shit like this as well? I'm a fan of the NES original and liked the demo for BMZ, but I don't remember any of this garbage.

Nah, like the notes point out they deliberately tried to make her stand out from the other designs for pilots.

These two are pretty much the only human-like characters in BMZ 1 aside from the DLC guest ones. BMZ 2 has several different pilot/operators pairs added as npcs in addition to the main couple.

(First one is the pilot, second one is the bio-android assistant)

Last edited:

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, what did the anonymous confessor thread do this time?

...What the actual fuck!?! How fucking hard is it to respect women!?! And now he's just going to abandon after claiming to want a large family...that is disgusting and if I say anymore I'll probably get banned.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
I figured from the getgo there'd be stuff like this, and I know the second I looked into the thread it'd be a matter of seeing stuff that couldn't be unseen or forgotten (literally a problem for me having OCD/Generalized Anxiety).

Related to your and SchrodingerC 's post and speaking of confessions, I was a moderator and then admin of an FF forum many many years ago. There was a user there who was a very out and proud pedophile. He made journal posts about this young girl he was in love with but was currently just friends with and would talk about his fantasy of running away with her. I brought it up with other mods and admins and they just shrugged it off saying it isn't actually against the rules. I decided to track his IP to the LA area, talked to a detective with the LAPD and faxed him a huge transcript of his posts (about half an inch thick) about his pining for this girl. Never heard back and I left the forum soon after (that and I just haven't been as much of an FF fan as I once was). It was one of things I appreciated about joining GAF and then this place was that unapologetic weeding out of undesirables.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I liked KNY but yeah their treatment of female characters is poor. It's ch 100 and she is still wearing that outfit which negates all the character progression.
I've caught up and i think shinobu's arc is pretty damn good, i want to like kanroji but it's hard, she's got a nice background story and that's that, i think the series does a better job at portraying women than many but it's clearly flawed

Rae

Mar 7, 2019
I've caught up and i think shinobu's arc is pretty damn good, i want to like kanroji but it's hard, she's got a nice background story and that's that, i think the series does a better job at portraying women than many but it's clearly flawed

I like Shinobu and I'm excited when they get to arc in the anime eventually. The other main problem is that we'll never see some of the later character arc since it'll be ending soon.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I like Shinobu and I'm excited when they get to arc in the anime eventually. The other main problem is that we'll never see some of the later character arc since it'll be ending soon.
Yeah but the butterfly sisters got pretty much covered, i'm expecting some screentime for nezuko too, but kanroji... i dont see we getting much more than we already got

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Well that Former Adult Film Star plays a video game thread went exactly as I thought it did...
I was surprised at what I was reading and had to report a bunch of people, glad mods stepped in. For a lot of liberal people, there's a certain section of people they won't see as human. People thought they could get away with it after the thread got locked....

Vee

Oct 27, 2017
As an adult Tekken fan seeing Ganryu is a 55 year old man obsessed with 20 year old Julia doesn't come off as funny as the writers think it does. This dude is a straight up creep, hell looking back at Tekken 1 he was 32 when he was obsessed with Julias mom (Michelle) and she was only 18 at the time. But of course they had to retire Michelle because she crossed the line of being a woman in a fighting over the age of 40 and they just passed off Ganryus obsession to her daughter and were supposed to find this funny?

I get hes supposed to be like this pathetic joke character but I can't see him as that at. His shtick was never good but I think it has aged incredibly poorly, especially in todays social climate.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
I learned of Sasha Grey though Entourage. Is that worse? The way past the show´s "prime" later seasons that is. I even saw the film and didn't hate it. I failed this city Era. Oh yes, Kanna.. yes. That´s a choice for a character.

Michelle Chang, she adopted Julia, would be 41 around Tekken 5 - 7 but Ganryu will never meet her, not on Harada´s watch. Great producer but shit with female characters and Tekken´s style disappeared way deep up its own ass when it and Soul Calibur got designs by Oh! great and others.
Here is his taken on the 17-year-old Asuka and Emilie:
tekken_alternate_costumes__by_oh__great_by_hes6789_d8xwxu3-fullview.png

You should see the offical figures...

crienne

Oct 25, 2017
I learned of Sasha Grey though Entourage. Is that worse? The way past the show´s "prime" later seasons that is. I even saw the film and didn't hate it. I failed this city Era. Oh yes, Kanna.. yes. That´s a choice for a character.

Michelle Chang, she adopted Julia, would be 41 around Tekken 5 - 7 but Ganryu will never meet her, not on Harada´s watch. Great producer but shit with female characters and Tekken´s style disappeared way deep up its own ass when it and Soul Calibur got designs by Oh! great and others.
Here is his taken on the 17-year-old Asuka and Emilie:
tekken_alternate_costumes__by_oh__great_by_hes6789_d8xwxu3-fullview.png

You should see the offical figures...

I legit think these may be two of the worst designs in this thread. Like, there's been a lot of outfits that made me recoil in horror. But these? THESE? I can't believe what I'm seeing.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
I was about 20 and already dead inside when it comes to anime/manga by the time Tekken 6 BR came out in 2008 as I was part of the tape/cd trading scene that had to live with the worst OVAs ever as a kid and young teen. I equally knew who Oh! Great is. His designs were about what I was expecting. I didn´t even think twice but most of Tekken 6 is a mess design-wise. He just gave us the cherry on top.
It´s kinda impossible not to know Ōgure Ito if you are part of the manga scene. He started his career with hentai that features futanari and bestiality. The sex with dogs one was licensed in Germany btw. but I had less underage sex with dogs. It´s child rape passed the censors though. DC of all people also had the license for his Seinen Tenjou Tenge. They censored the manga (it features fairly violent rape as fanservice early on and only builds from there) which lead to a Chad revolt in the mid-00s and... I know way too much about comics. You should know this though. His other Shounen manga Air Gear had the just-elected Obama trade bodies with a middle-school girl, he became addicted to masturbation inside her and never changed back as Air Gear´s plot was nonexistent.

Enough wall of text madness sqwarlock. You now have all the context needed to be graced and hopefully understand his Anna costume from Tekken TT2, as Oh! Great was a, wait for it, great success with the Japanese fans. Harada has figures to sell you all! Yes, this costume is in the game. Yes, there were figures:
14_ttt2costumecustomization18.jpg

Back to my padded cell for now but Muv Luv (2/10) was brought up on page 308. It´s a game that recently reached the US and I have things to say. Arguably worse things than with Yu-No. I will gate the whole post behind a trigger warning spoiler. It´s that bad.

Aug 26, 2018
日本
It´s kinda impossible not to know Ōgure Ito if you are part of the manga scene. He started his career with hentai that features futanari and bestiality. The sex with dogs one was licensed in Germany btw. but I had less underage sex with dogs. It´s child rape passed the censors though. DC of all people also had the license for his Seinen Tenjou Tenge. They censored the manga (it features fairly violent rape as fanservice early on and only builds from there) which lead to a Chad revolt in the mid-00s and... I know way too much about comics. You should know this though. His other Shounen manga Air Gear had the just-elected Obama trade bodies with a middle-school girl, he became addicted to masturbation inside her and never changed back as Air Gear´s plot was nonexistent.
687.jpg

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
One a more positive note, I've been playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider and it's nice to see they finally gave her some muscles to her model, and overall a more fit body. Still not enough but atleats it's an improvement. It was ridiculous seeing her do all these jumps and moves with her previous model (both other NuLara games and Old Lara).

shadowofthetombraiderbvj9z.png

Hakunon

Oct 11, 2018
My experience with Muv Luv ended when I couldn't finish the first part of the first game. Not that I found the school romance silliness extremely unbearable but the idea that you have to finish what is basically two games before starting the "masterpiece" which is Alternative is not appealing at all. Then I read (and saw) some spoilers and yeah... The suits are obviously trash too.

Oct 25, 2017
Buckle in for this one...This one takes the cake for "reasons we designed her"

"We need a dumb stupid, idiot. A real incompetent pilot"

EK_d_6SU4AAyDXv

EK_d_6TUUAA_tRl

"What about FOUR boobs?"

EK_d_6TVAAESDnM

"THUS A NEW FETISH WAS BORN!"

EK_d_6TUEAA7XqL
The second, third and fourth designs are actually pretty nice...then for whatever reason they decided to huff some spray paint and settle on crap.

Rae

Mar 7, 2019
I don't think there's enough space for me to write how disappointed I am with the anime figure scene. I'm like I get it I like anime merch of my favorite characters and then I'm like burn it down.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
We can have an entire conversation about air gear the manga so sexist it made me think during my teen years " yo this is making me uncomfortable, does the author even like women like at all"

SchrodingerC

Oct 25, 2017
I just can't even with those anime figs. What embarrassing figures to have.

We can have an entire conversation about air gear the manga so sexist it made me think during my teen years " yo this is making me uncomfortable, does the author even like women like at all"

Air Gear had an interesting premise, but it got buried deep under some creepy bullshit and terrible writing.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
Tekken´s style disappeared way deep up its own ass when it and Soul Calibur got designs by Oh! great and others.

So that's what happened. I always suspsected *something* happened to Tekken's and Soul Calibur's character designs and in-game models around the time they moved up to the PS3 era. I just didn't know what.

And I'd never really heard of this manga artist before. I'd heard of Tenjou Tenge on and off back in the 00's but never investigated it. I know at least one of SC4's guest characters was designed by a hentai artist though. That's the point where that franchise was almost in danger of becoming the new Dead or Alive. And honestly that's a whole subject in itself -- games and other properties relying on hentai artists, and manga artists in general having to get their start in hentai because of how the industry is.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Air Gear had an interesting premise, but it got buried deep under some creepy bullshit and terrible writing.

I remember watching the anime and thinking it got a little crazy with the premise but then you read the manga and realize just how much crazier it got. I think Obama showed up at one point and switched bodies with one of the girls in the cast? It was bizarre. Although I might be thinking of something else, it was years ago.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
I just can't even with those anime figs. What embarrassing figures to have.

All air gear needed to be was rollerblade bayblades but you punch folk and it woulda been fine. The depiction of women imo has to be one of the worst I have seen in manga or maybe fiction in general in quite sometime. It's not even just eye candy. They are depicted with such malice it makes me think the author just hates women. Women are depicted in large part as fickle not even people but creatures of malice or objects, or both .

Its wild

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
One a more positive note, I've been playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider and it's nice to see they finally gave her some muscles to her model, and overall a more fit body. Still not enough but atleats it's an improvement. It was ridiculous seeing her do all these jumps and moves with her previous model (both other NuLara games and Old Lara).

The current Lara Croft model is, in my opinion, one of the best crafted 3D models ever. I hope they never change her again. Just started playing it on PC and it looks so so sooo good.

SchrodingerC

Oct 25, 2017
I remember watching the anime and thinking it got a little crazy with the premise but then you read the manga and realize just how much crazier it got. I think Obama showed up at one point and switched bodies with one of the girls in the cast? It was bizarre. Although I might be thinking of something else, it was years ago.

Obama appearing in the manga was so bizarre.
The whole body switch mini plot got even weirder, from what a friend told me.

All air gear needed to be was rollerblade bayblades but you punch folk and it woulda been fine. The depiction of women imo has to be one of the worst I have seen in manga or maybe fiction in general in quite sometime. It's not even just eye candy. They are depicted with such malice it makes me think the author just hates women. Women are depicted in large part as fickle not even people but creatures of malice or objects, or both .

Its wild

Didn't think the mangaka could top himself from his previous mangas, yet he broke those expectations. 😒
Another manga that had gross depictions of women involved a protagonist's teacher being raped for like 10 chapters. She was used solely to torture her student, who was a werewolf I think?
Just an awful manga.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
The current Lara Croft model is, in my opinion, one of the best crafted 3D models ever. I hope they never change her again. Just started playing it on PC and it looks so so sooo good.

I agree it would be a shame if they changed her again after how much time it needed to nail her design (and with this I include the IMO outdated old design).

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA

I'm looking forward to trying the game (got it via Humble Bundle) after I whittle down my backlog. Weren't there a lot of people, even here on Era, calling her ugly because of the muscle? It's great!

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I'm looking forward to trying the game (got it via Humble Bundle) after I whittle down my backlog. Weren't there a lot of people, even here on Era, calling her ugly because of the muscle? It's great!

I don't know if people called her that but it wouldn't surprise me. You know, "gamers" and all of that...

Btw the game still have some problems from the previous entries but I think it's the best of the trilogy.

Deleted member 49179

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2018
Entertainment and consumerism from at least the last 30 years have told people that a real woman should be skinny and hairless. Many men (and women) are still believing this to be The Truth

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
How is a woman ugly because she has muscle definition? This is like saying a woman is ugly because she has body hair.
People in the thread were calling her and the woman in the Last of Us 2 trailers mainly. Pretty sure that and the gif someone posted focused on Lara's rear while swimming and all the responses to said gif got the thread locked.

Oct 25, 2017
People in the thread were calling her and the woman in the Last of Us 2 trailers mainly. Pretty sure that and the gif someone posted focused on Lara's rear while swimming and all the responses to said gif got the thread locked.
So pretty much the bulk of men think women should be one thing and one thing only, which is fucking dumb. People apparently don't like flat chested women, meanwhile I think they're gorgeous. Honestly a woman being in better shape than them probably intimidates them.

Status
Not open for further replies.