• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
Mb9bBOk.jpg

We've seen the topics.

Ring Fit Adventure sold out everywhere/blowing up in price.

www.resetera.com

Jesus, Ring Fit Adventure is really expensive right now huh??

I am starting to get really stir crazy and wanted to pick this up to move around while on lock down. $300! WHAT THE HELL?? I guess I am not the first genius to think of this. Is there any word from Nintendo on increasing stock or am I just stuck?

Nintendo Switches selling out everywhere, and also going up in price, sometimes $500.

www.resetera.com

Used Nintendo Switch's are $500? what?

This isn't even the newest model either, is the demand for them that crazy? Everyone wants to play Ring-Fit? It's just crazy.

but one other game seems to be blowing up as well.

Wii Sports.

A few months ago you could find this title for $10 easily, but now it's quickly approaching $30.

sZncgP1.png

I saw this game mentioned by a gaming youtuber i follow that owns a gaming store (that he temp. closed), he said he is sending all of his store's stock to amazon. I figured it went from like $3 to $8 or something like that, but i finally looked it up, and yeah, it went from $10 to $26~ now. wow. This game is really in demand at the moment.

I understand the switch and ring fit blowing up but yeah, i don't really get this.

Thought this was pretty interesting and i would share :)

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
Huh. Guess it's the same for Wii Fit and similar stuff too.

Wonder if it applies to more widely available games like Just Dance.

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
Nintendo release this asap on eShop. Just the tennis and table tennis initially. Then golf, bowling, archery. God the archery was so good for multiplayer.

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
Geeze, £20-25 for a used copy in that pack-in cardboard sleeve? I've still got an unopened one that'll never be used.

Deleted member 82

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Please release Switch Sports asap. I really REALLY want this to happen.

For real. I never got a Wii U, but the Wii U version of Wii Sports looked so stupid. Piecemeal downloads? Timed tickets? WTF??

They should have made some sort of remaster compilation that includes every single game from Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort, only with retooled controls, HD graphics, online and new features and game modes. ARMS (and, as poor as it was, 1-2 Switch) initially gave me some hope that Nintendo might make some interesting fully-featured motion-controlled games, but alas, they never did. A new Wii Sports game was the next best thing, and we didn't even get that. I'm sad.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
At some point Nintendo stopped including it with the system and it was sold separately. Also old copies get lost, scratched, or whatever.

That's kind of surprising. I remember them switching it out with Wii Sports Resort and Mario Kart with the Wii Mini but I didn't realize they ditched it entirely.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
That's kind of surprising. I remember them switching it out with Wii Sports Resort and Mario Kart with the Wii Mini but I didn't realize they ditched it entirely.

I'm sure Youtube is filled with videos about all the different game bundles Wii got. There were a lot in the later years of the system.

Oct 27, 2017
I mean Clubhouse Games look to be very much like it at least. It includes all of the games from Wii Sports (although Baseball, Boxing, and Tennis are "toy" versions so I'm not sure how well they'll play compared to the originals)
Ah, I didn't realize this but you're right. Hope they have good motion controls. It's hard to go back to Wii Sports Tennis and Golf after Wii Sports Resort.

The funny thing is, I hate sports games. Especially Golf games with that damn bar. But Wii Sports Resort was really something else.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I'm waiting to see how retro game prices go if this pandemic goes on for too long. It will be sad if people have to sell their collections to pay their bills.

Also, can we get a Wii Golf for Switch already?

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
A reminder not to buy these things and to let scalpers look like assholes.

I mean, it's not like people are buying up all the stock of this game at retail with the intention to resell, before regular customers have the opportunity to buy it.

This just seems like supply and demand to me.

Dragonyeuw

Nov 4, 2017
Ah yes, when I was cataloging my collection on gameye last week I noted that Wii sports was going for circa $30. I was so engaged in the process that I didnt really blink an eye but now thinking about it, it's a classic casual multiplayer for a console that sold over 100 million. Not surprised that it would be trending in popularity but I would have thought there's enough copies in the wild to keep prices lower than the current going rate.

DrWong

Oct 29, 2017
I want the Wii U version of the golf, now!
I bought that on wii u and would double dip like a drone.

rochellepaws

Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
I've noticed the Wii HDMI adapter consistently among the best sellers on amazon since the pandemic started, I guess a lot of people who haven't played games for a while are digging out the Wii again to pass the time.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
I've noticed the Wii HDMI adapter consistently among the best sellers on amazon since the pandemic started, I guess a lot of people who haven't played games for a while are digging out the Wii again to pass the time.

I think generally a lot of people are going through their old games and systems and looking at what to play. I know I am.

Some of them may be bypassing new purchases in favor of playing those old games too.