• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Stopdoor

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Preface: There's a few recommendation threads popping up, but I kind of want to curate a more formal list/resource, for exclusive stuff specifically. It'll be a bit curated for quality, but I have a bias for Nintendo published content and local multiplayer games and then I want to link to recommendations/testimonials to justify smaller, less notable games on the list.

---

The Wii U and 3DS eShop has been announced to be closing for purchases in late March 2023. There's a few important dates on that page, but the most important thing to know is that you can still use cash added to your Nintendo Account wallet via your Nintendo Switch until the final cut-off, if you've connected your Wii U/3DS era "Nintendo Network" account to it. Games can be re-downloaded, for now, indefinitely. Updates should still be available, but free software will need to be "redeemed" before then.

Keep in mind if you want to binge, without homebrew workarounds both Wii U and 3DS have a 300 installed app limit, regardless of storage space. You may be able to get around this if you're ok swapping SD cards/hard drives. DSiWare is also limited by the meagre internal storage of the 3DS. Here's a useful thread about Wii U external hard drives: https://www.resetera.com/threads/what's-my-most-cost-effective-solution-for-wii-u-external-storage-in-2019.159567/

Wii U

Wii U eShop Exclusives
Someone linked me this resource, will need to filter through it
www.gematsu.com

Wii U

Visit the post for more.
Another post that goes into a more exhaustive list
www.resetera.com

Wii U & 3DS eShop Shutdown Exclusive Games, DLC, and Features List Thread [code redemptions no longer work]

Got a bunch more of wildly varying quality to add to the OP, if desired. Titles in bold are worth a look, I think. Titles with 3DS versions noted exist nowhere else besides Wii U/3DS as far as I know, and will thus both vanish in March 2023. Wii U eShop exclusive games amiibo Tap: Nintendo's...
  • Affordable Space Adventures
  • Art Academy: Home Studio (NA, Physical Art Academy: Atelier in EU)
  • Chasing Aurora
  • Dr. Luigi
  • Drop It: Block Paradise (Free Update Incoming)
  • Hot Rod Racer
  • Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars (identical to 3DS)
  • Mini Mario & Friends: amiibo Challenge (identical to 3DS)
  • NES Remix 1/2 (NES Remix Pack isn't available physically in EU)
  • Pokémon Rumble U
  • Pushmo World
  • Spin the Bottle: Bumpie's Party
  • Star Fox Guard (Cheap physically in NA, more rare physically EU)
Some games have already been delisted over the years - if you want to confirm certain recommendations aren't available you can check here:
delistedgames.com

All Delisted Nintendo Wii U Games

This page gives you direct access to all delisted Nintendo Wii U titles on the site. This includes retail games that were offered as downloads, eShop releases, and Virtual Console titles. Below eac…

Wii U eShop games with exclusive features
  • 6180 The Moon (Dual screen gameplay)
  • 3Souls (Uses touch screen, mic, gyro, camera)
  • Armillo (Gyro) (...Delisted)
  • Art of Balance (5-player mode is exclusive to Wii U, and the touch screen is especially useful)
  • Axiom Verge (Map on gamepad)
  • Chompy Chomp Chomp Party (9-player mode is exclusive to Wii U)
  • Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water (Digital only in NA, exclusive costumes not on Switch)
  • Nano Assault Neo (2-player individual screen on Gamepad)
  • Runbow (9-player and "Colormaster" mode is exclusive to Wii U)
  • Scram Kitty and His Buddy on Rails (Dual screen gameplay)
  • X-Type Plus (Multiple modes, video replays) (...Delisted)
  • ZaciSa's Last Stand (5-player co-op multiplayer)

Wii U DLC
  • Fast Racing Neo (Fast RMX includes all the tracks, but if you want another multiplayer racer on your Wii U)
    • Neo Future Pack
  • Mario Kart 8 (obviously superseded by Deluxe, but the original MK8 does have an "exclusive" battle mode that may make it overall worth purchasing to someone ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)
    • DLC Pack 1
    • DLC Pack 2
  • Pikmin 3 (some may say it's also superseded by Deluxe, but I made this thread that outlines how the Wii U version has some subtle downgrades to its Challenge Mode)
    • Collect Treasure! 7-10
    • Battle Enemies! Stages 7-10
    • All-New Mission Stages 12-15
  • Runbow (Turns out Runbow had a physical edition on Wii U that includes this, but I'll leave this here)
    • Satura's Space Adventure
  • Sonic Lost World
    • Yoshi's Island Zone
    • The Legend of Zelda Zone
  • Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
    • Mewtwo Fighter
    • Lucas Fighter
    • Roy Fighter
    • Ryu Fighter
    • Cloud Fighter
    • Corrin Fighter
    • Bayonetta Fighter
    • Dream Land 64 Stage
    • Peach's Castle 64 Stage
    • Hyrule Castle 64 Stage
    • Super Mario Maker Stage
    • Pirate Ship Stage (This may be the only paid piece of DLC that you can't crossbuy for 3DS)
    • Mii Costumes
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X
    • High-Speed Data Loading Packs?

Wii U Virtual Console
I'm mostly keeping this list to games with notable features - I don't personally care for Switch Online games because it's behind a subscription service, but it may be useful to make clear what's unlikely to appear on there eventually. GBA and DS games lacking multiplayer also makes them kind of non-definitive.
  • Animal Crossing: Wild World (Nookington's can be obtained without multiplayer)
  • Advance Wars 1/2/DS (The Gamepad is particularly useful for playing "Pass the Controller" multiplayer)
  • Drill Dozer (Supports rumble, is an unreleased translation for EU)
  • EarthBound
  • EarthBound Beginnings
  • Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon (Online-only shop items are attainable)
  • Kuru Kuru Kururin (Import title for NA)
  • Harvest Moon 64 (Import title for EU)
  • Mario Party Advance (Notable for letting you play the "Bonus Board" mode conveniently 🙃)
  • Mega Man 6 (Import title for EU, but may be common in modern collections?)
  • Mega Man Battle Network Series (Multiplayer-only chips are built-in)
  • Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3 (Notable for bundling in the e-Reader exclusive content)
  • Super Mario RPG (Still not on NSO, Square Enix makes it a less predictable release)
  • Ufouria: The Saga (Import title)
  • Vs. Excitebike (Import title)
  • Wii Remote pointer support
    • Adventures of Bayou Billy
    • Duck Hunt
    • Hogan's Alley
    • Wild Gunman
  • Game Boy Advance Virtual Console
  • Nintendo DS Virtual Console (Pretty sure this has a bad dark filter)
  • Wii "Virtual Console" (Not really exclusive, but cost-effective for some rare games)
  • TG16 / PC Engine Virtual Console (some recommendations that aren't on mini consoles)
    • Battle Lode Runner (5-Player multiplayer)
    • Bomberman '94 (5-Player multiplayer)
    • Bonk 3: Bonk's Big Adventure
    • Break In
    • Devil's Crush
    • Digital Champ: Battle Boxing
    • Final Soldier
    • Image Fight II: Operation Deepstriker
    • Legend of Hero Tonma (delisted, quick search suggests it's on GameLoft's Blacknut cloud streaming app?)
    • Mr. Heli / Battle Chopper
  • Japanese VC has some of its own exclusives (Wii Us are not region-free)
Expensive Wii U/Wii Games

This post has a few recommendations of digital Wii U games that are expensive to get physically.
www.resetera.com

Wii U & 3DS eShop Shutdown Exclusive Games, DLC, and Features List Thread [code redemptions no longer work]

Off the top of my head, Game & Wario goes for like $120 CIB, $90 for the disc. Devil's Third is like $250 disc, $350 CIB when it's $30 on the eShop. Twilight Princess is $75 disc, $90 complete. That's really it for the Wii U exclusives that're cheaper digitally over physical. The only others...

This post has a few recommendations of digital Wii games that are expensive to get physically.
www.resetera.com

I'll also highlight a couple of the Wii download games that are getting up there in price too that are still available in the Wii U eShop (NA Prices): Rhythm Heaven Fever - $20 on eShop - Loose Disc $100, CIB $150-$170+ (this one is so crazy these days) Metroid Prime Trilogy - $20 on eShop -...

Homebrew

One last thing - Wii U's seem to be semi-prone to bricking long-term, due to memory errors. Homebrew is recommended to do backups, especially once this shutdown is complete. Apparently there are also new homebrew techniques to unbrick them these days: https://www.resetera.com/threads/wi...and-features-list-thread.553420/post-99971473

3DS

3DS eShop Exclusives
Someone linked me this resource, will need to filter through it
www.gematsu.com

3ds

Visit the post for more.
If you want some brief testimonials:
www.nintendolife.com

39 Best 3DS eShop Games You Should Get Before They're Gone Forever

3DS eShop-only titles worth picking up pronto
  • Ace Attorney: Apollo Justice HD (Mobile port is well-regarded)
  • Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies (Mobile port is well-regarded)
  • Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice (Mobile port is well-regarded)
  • Aeroporter
  • A-Train 3D: City Simulator
  • Attack of the Friday Monsters!
  • Bike Rider DX
  • Bike Rider DX2
  • BoxBoy! Series
  • Bugs vs Tanks
  • Chase: Cold Case Investigations - Distant Memories
  • Chibi-Robo: Photo Finder
  • Conveni Dream
  • Crimson Shroud
  • Dementium Remastered
  • Dillon's Rolling Western Series
    • Dead-Heat Breakers released physically in EU
  • Dr. Mario: Miracle Cure
  • Fluidity: Spin Cycle
  • Go! Go! Kokopolo 3D (Trailer)
  • Gotta Protectors
  • HarmoKnight
  • Ironfall: Invasion
  • Johnny's Payday Panic
  • Kersploosh!
  • Ketzel's Corridors
  • Kirby Fighters Deluxe (sort of superseded by Kirby Fighters 2)
  • Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe
  • Team Kirby Clash Deluxe (sort of superseded by Super Kirby Clash, which has a gentler purchasing curve)
  • Kirby's Blowout Blast
  • Kokuga (Mostly delisted?)
  • Liberation Maiden
  • Mario and Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move
  • Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars (identical to Wii U)
  • Mario Party Star Rush Guest Edition (Free Multiplayer Client, requires host with full game)
  • Metroid Prime Blast Ball (Free Multiplayer Client, can connect to Metroid Prime Federation Force)
  • Mini Mario & Friends: amiibo Challenge (identical to Wii U)
  • Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate Save Transfer App (to transfer from 3DS to Switch)
  • Moon Chronicles
  • Nano Assault EX
  • Nintendo 3DS Guide: Louvre
  • Nintendo Pocket Football Club (EU Only)
  • Picross (various - will specify later?)
  • My Nintendo Picross: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
  • Picross 3D: Round 2 (NA)
  • Pocket Card Jockey
  • Pokémon Bank (subscription is announced to become free)
    • Pokémon Transporter (in-game?)
  • Pokémon Battle Trozei
  • Pokémon Dream Radar
  • Pokémon Pokédex Pro
  • Pokémon Shuffle
  • Pushmo Series
  • Rabi Laby 3 (Delisted?)
  • Rhythm Heaven Megamix (NA)
  • Rusty's Real Deal Baseball
  • Sakura Samurai
  • Save Data Transfer Tool
  • Siesta Fiesta
  • Shin Megami Tensei IV (EU)
  • Steel Diver: Sub Wars
  • Style Savvy: Styling Star (NA)
  • Tank Troopers
  • The Denpa Men Series
  • The Starship Damrey
  • Tokyo Crash Mobs
  • Weapon Shop de Omasse
Some games have already been delisted over the years - if you want to confirm certain recommendations aren't available you can check here:
delistedgames.com

All Delisted Nintendo 3DS Games

This page gives you direct access to all delisted Nintendo 3DS titles on the site. This includes retail games that were offered as downloads, eShop releases, and Virtual Console titles. Below each …

3DS eShop games with exclusive features
  • Nintendo's 3D Classic Series
  • Sega's 3D Classic Series (The following games are included as part of the physical English collection, so you may not need them)
    • Altered Beast
    • Fantasy Zone II W
    • Galaxy Force II
    • Sonic the Hedgehog 1
    • Thunder Blade
  • Cave Story (3D Recommended)
  • Persona Q (A game breaking bug exists in physical copies outside of a very limited print run?)
  • PuzzleBox Setup (Plays with the 3DS held upside down)
  • Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D (You can't delete save data in this game without homebrew, so digitally downloading it could be the last chance to get a "pristine" copy)

3DS DLC
Note that most DLC is purchased through in-game shops. In some cases, you have to complete conditions to access it.
  • 7th Dragon III Code: VFD
  • A-Train 3D
  • Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies
    • Turnabout Reclaimed
  • Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice
    • Turnabout Time Traveler
  • Art Academy
  • Azure Striker Gunvolt 2 (both standalone and in Striker Pack) (Challenge Missions and stuff)
  • Blast 'em Bunnies
  • Blaster Master Zero (Characters)
  • Bravely Second: End Layer (?)
  • Dragon Ball Fusions
  • Dragon Quest VII
  • Dragon Quest VIII
  • Etrian Odyssey Series
  • Etrian Mystery Dungeon
  • Fantasy Life (Multiplayer requires synced DLC)
  • Final Fantasy Theatrhythm (Has unique DLC compared to Curtain Call?)
  • Final Fantasy Theatrhythm Curtain Call
  • Fire Emblem Awakening
  • Fire Emblem Echoes
  • Fire Emblem Fates
    • Birthright/Conquest (depending on your game)
    • Revelation
    • Assorted Map Packs (More info)
  • Gotta Protectors
  • Hyrule Warriors Legends (All this content should be available in the Switch port)
    • Master Wind Waker Pack
    • Link's Awakening Pack
    • Phantom Hourglass Pack
    • A Link Between Worlds Pack
    • Mandatory Update (Can someone check if this is required to download via the eShop?)
  • Ironfall: Invasion (Single player and multiplayer are separated into seperate packs)
  • Little Battlers X
  • Mario Golf: World Tour
    • Season Pass
  • Mighty Gunvolt (Levels)
    Mighty Gunvolt Burst (Characters)
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
  • Monster Hunter Generations
  • Monster Hunter Stories (free, but have to start a file)
  • Moon Chronicles (Episodic)
  • New Super Mario Bros. 2
    • Coin Challenge Pack A
    • Coin Challenge Pack B
    • Coin Challenge Pack C
    • Gold Classics Pack
    • Gold Mushroom Pack
    • Gold Rush Pack
    • Impossible Pack
    • Mystery Adventures Pack
    • Nerve-Rack Pack
    • Platform Panic Pack
  • Persona Q
  • Persona Q2
  • Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity
  • Pokémon Picross
  • Pokémon Rumble World (eShop version is F2P with microtransactions)
  • Pokémon Shuffle
  • Pokémon Sun/Moon Special Demo (The exclusive "Ash Greninja" can be transferred to the full game - and not Ultra Sun/Moon)
  • Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask (Daily Puzzles)
  • Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy (Daily Puzzles)
  • Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Epilogue, can't download until after game is complete)
  • Project X Zone 2 (delisted?)
  • Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson
  • StreetPass Mii Plaza
    • StreetPass Squad / Mii Force
    • StreetPass Garden / Flower Town
    • StreetPass Battle / Warrior's Way
    • StreetPass Mansion / Monster Manor
    • StreetPass Fishing / Ultimate Angler
    • StreetPass Zombies / Battleground Z
    • StreetPass Slot Racer / Slot Car Rivals
    • StreetPass Trader / Market Crashers
    • StreetPass Chef / Feed Mii
    • StreetPass Explorers / Mii Trek
    • StreetPass Ninja / Ninja Launcher
  • Stretchmo (F2P, so you need to buy the majority of the game in-game)
  • Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS
    • Mewtwo Fighter
    • Lucas Fighter
    • Roy Fighter
    • Ryu Fighter
    • Cloud Fighter
    • Corrin Fighter
    • Bayonetta Fighter
    • Dream Land 64 Stage
    • Peach's Castle 64 Stage
    • Hyrule Castle 64 Stage
    • Super Mario Maker Stage
    • Mii Costumes
  • Team Kirby Clash Deluxe
  • Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology
  • RPG Maker FES
  • Rusty's Real Deal Baseball
    • DLC is built into the main progression of the game, you can't buy it outright
  • Shin Megami Tensei IV
  • Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse
  • Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker
  • Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux
  • Steel Diver: Sub Wars
    • Free to play, but campaign is paid
    • Has an in-game shop for subs
  • Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns
  • Style Savvy: Trendsetters
  • Style Savvy: Fashion Forward

DSiWare

3DS Virtual Console
  • Earthbound
  • Mega Man 6 (Import title for EU, but may be common in modern collections?)
  • Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow (Compatible with Pokémon Bank)
  • Pokémon Gold/Silver/Crystal (Compatible with Pokémon Bank, Crystal has the Celebi event built-in)
  • Summer Carnival '92 Recca
  • The Mysterious Murasame Castle
  • NES and Game Gear games feature local wireless 2-player multiplayer
  • Game Boy Virtual Console
  • Game Boy Color Virtual Console
Expensive 3DS Games

This post nicely charts some price comparisons for digital 3DS games that are expensive to get physically.
www.resetera.com

I decided to aggregate a list of the most expensive games for the 3DS that are still available on the eShop. Price estimates are from Price Charting. I can't do the same for Wii U since Nintendo does not list game prices on the website and I don't own a Wii U anymore. Game Cartridge Price...

Appendix

If you want to check out another list, I came across this spreadsheet by someone on Reddit
docs.google.com

3DS and Wii U games, the digital-only and the expensive ones

Introduction Introduction Final update (28/3/23) And so, it is done, the 3DS and Wii U eShops has officially stopped allowing people to buy its games and apps. One can still download the updates and what they've already bought before, but as a shop, it's dead. Long live the eShop. I want to than...

Last edited:

double_heist

Nov 19, 2019
Ace Attorney 5 and 6 are very much playable on the iOS devices, problem is the DLC isn't included so the DLC is 3DS exclusive.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely keeping an eye on this. Lucky that I've already bought a ton that I've wanted over the years, mainly just focusing on VC stuff.

I'd like to add the Pushmo/Crashmo/Stretchmo games on 3DS & Pushmo World on Wii U as being great digital exclusives. Pocket Card Jockey is fantastic & 3DS digital only, save for a Japan only mobile port.

Oh yeah, and the Art Style series via DSiWare.

Edit: also Mysterious Castle Muramasa & Summer Fesitval '92 Recca on 3DS VC as that's the only way to get those Famicom games legit in the US & no idea if/when they'll get added to Switch.

Apr 3, 2020
I believe all the Fire Emblem games have progress gated DLC. Im not sure at what point in each game but something people should know.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Oh god I forgot about the Ace Attorney games. I really should've grabbed them before they randomly just stopped putting them on sale.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I believe all the Fire Emblem games have progress gated DLC. Im not sure at what point in each game but something people should know.
Just to clarify this

The main campaign of Fire Emblem Awakening can be completed without any dlc. There are some minor story dlc though but most of the dlc is either to help reduce grind or more fun what if scenarios.

Fates on the other hand while you can buy physical copies of birthright and conquest, the revelations route is ONLY available as dlc. There was a limited print run of special editions had had all 3 routes on one cart.

Apr 3, 2020
Also great thread and im already nervious about missing on DLC for games cause there is a few that only have in game DLC shops.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Just to clarify this

The main campaign of Fire Emblem Awakening can be completed without any dlc. There are some minor story dlc though but most of the dlc is either to help reduce grind or more fun what if scenarios.

Fates on the other hand while you can buy physical copies of birthright and conquest, the revelations route is ONLY available as dlc. There was a limited print run of special editions had had all 3 routes on one cart.
For revelations, do you know if you can buy it immediately or get to a certain point in the story?

OP
OP
Stopdoor

Stopdoor

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Dec 22, 2017
One of my absolute favorite 3DS games/series is Denpa Men. You capture little creatures via the 3DS camera and grind em up Dragon Quest-style. There are 3 of them and they are all awesome.

The_Denpa_Men_-_They_Came_By_Wave_Logo.png

Taco_Human

Jan 6, 2018
MA
Yeah I mad. More so since I lost lots of 3ds data from my last system I couldn't save. I'll definitely be buying some for myself before it goes down. Its the Wii shut down all over again.

Nov 1, 2017
The games released as a part of the Guild series on the 3DS were hit or miss but as far as I know there wasn't any English physical release.
  • Aeroporter
  • Weapon Shop de Omasse
  • Liberation Maiden
  • Crimson Shroud
  • Attack of the Friday Monsters
  • Bugs vs Tanks
  • The Starship Damrey
Personally I played and really enjoyed Liberation Maiden, but I thought Crimson Shroud, and Attack of the Friday Monsters were exceptionally good. I also remember hearing good things about Starship Damrey.

On the Wii U front the only thing I can think of is maybe Art Academy? I don't remember it having a physical release. On that note though I don't know if it's worth highlighting that there are still a handful of Wii U games still not available on the Switch like the Zelda HD Ports, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Paper Mario Color Splash, and Devil's Third.

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
Fire Emblem DLC gated behind progression for purchase.

FF Theathrythm has DLC that isn't part of Curtain Call.

Oct 27, 2017
How are people replacing or repairing their Wii U game pads? Just buying used ones and syncing them? I fear for the day mine stops working

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Great thread idea, subbed!

I literally spent half my day already bookmarking legacy Nintendo games and VC titles. This will be such a hard decision - you never know when your hardware will fail you eventually, you never know if Nintendo decides to expand on NSO and what games they will put on the service (and this is not really a great replacement option either). Are you fine with emulation or do you want that license in your account? Ugh. Lots of games have either never or have not in forever gone on sale. This will be an expensive undertaking :/

Last edited:

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Never heard of it. Do you what's the price on this one?
13-14£ so I'd say around 17$ or 17€

14.99€
www.nintendo.fr

Allez droit au but sur le site Internet Nintendo Pocket Football Club !

Dirigez votre équipe de football et visez la tête du championnat dans Nintendo Pocket Football Club, un gestionnaire de football unique destiné aux consoles de la famille Nintendo 3DS. Rendez-vous sur notre site Internet pour en savoir plus !

It's really closer to cute Football Manager lite than FIFA,
I can't stress that enough.

It was never released in the US and there's a cart version for Japan.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
Glad I bought a bigger card when Atlus was going crazy.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Is Nintendo land worth getting if my gamepad left stick has drift?
O.o

It's a fun game and probably the best multiplayer game on the system.
If you can play most games with a WiiU gamepad in that state, it should be ok.

You'll have a painful time with the Donkey Kong and Fzero games and they're really good as well.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
There are so many 3DS exclusives. A few that immediately come to mind are the Picross games, including the Sanrio, Pokemon and Zelda themed ones. The Pokemon one is free to start and has a pay cap. There's also another free to start Pokemon game that's a match 3 style game.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Idea for a section, the "these games are MUCH cheaper than getting them physically" titles, like certain Atlus ones & Professor Layton Vs. Phoenix Wright and maybe a few VC titles.

RockyMin

Oct 27, 2017
Wonder what will happen to Badge Arcade. Will they shut it down or patch it to make it offline?

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
Shin Megami Tensei IV has a lot of DLC, some of them including not only the best boss fights in the game but story that fills in gaps of the original story and even new skills you can work into your demon pool.

Xterrian

Apr 20, 2018
I implore everyone to at least check out the Pop Island! series on dsiware.

Absolutely amazing local multiplayer (or single player with bots) capture the flag type games. Both run incredibly smooth, have a good amount of content for how restricted dsiware games were size wise, and a unique paper craft style.

And Pop Island! Battlefield is only $1.99 iirc. Not much money at all.

There was also a spin-off for 3DS, but it was more of an arcadey surfing platformer. I never played it so I can't give an opinion on it.

It sucks as I don't believe the games were ported to anything else. Hidden gems that deserve to be played.

OP
OP
Stopdoor

Stopdoor

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Idea for a section, the "these games are MUCH cheaper than getting them physically" titles, like certain Atlus ones & Professor Layton Vs. Phoenix Wright and maybe a few VC titles.

Yeah, I probably will do this, it's just a bit more of a hassle to determine what meets some kind of bar - like most Nintendo exclusive software across both 3DS and Wii U are climbing fast, it's a lot to include.

I implore everyone to at least check out the Pop Island! series on dsiware.

Absolutely amazing local multiplayer (or single player with bots) capture the flag type games. Both run incredibly smooth, have a good amount of content for how restricted dsiware games were size wise, and a unique paper craft style.

And Pop Island! Battlefield is only $1.99 iirc. Not much money at all.

There was also a spin-off for 3DS, but it was more of an arcadey surfing platformer. I never played it so I can't give an opinion on it.

It sucks as I don't believe the games were ported to anything else. Hidden gems that deserve to be played.

Oh yeah, I meant to include a DSiWare section, I'll add that later.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I know it's hardly a hidden gem and is way too pricey for what it is, but I really need to pick up Oscar (Oscar in Movie Land) for the DSiware purely for nostalgia.
I absolutely can't imagine it's aged well at all, but it was a favourite of mine back in the day, and obviously better than Trolls.