• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
With New Super Mario Bros out in a couple weeks it really feels like the Switch is what Nintendo is using to give the Wii (and especially Wii U games) a second chance at life since a lot of people didn't have the second system. I'm not completely against this since I like playing the games a lot more with the Switch Pro Controller.

So after NSB, what should we expect them to do?

Metroid Prime Trilogy? eBay scalpers were already pissed when they put it on the eShop, so it's a no-brainer especially before MP4.

How about a Super Mario Galaxy Collection. SMG 1&2 bundled. Maybe toss in 3D World as a "trilogy".

Possibly a "Zelda Trilogy" with Switch Ports of the Wii/Wii U versions of Twilight Princess, Wind Waker, and Skyward Sword.

Pikmin 3 before the next game is out.

NES Remix, although this is doubtful even though they were modified verisons of the games they want to drive people to Switch Online.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
W101 and Mario Maker would be cool. Though I expect Mario Maker 2 instead.

MrBreada

Mar 13, 2018
Super Mario Maker. I could say this 10,000 times. By far the most unique and innovative game on the Wii U that everyone deserves to play, whether the Switch has a stylus or not. YOU CAN MAKE YOUR OWN MARIO LEVELS! This game doesn't deserve to be niche.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
They'll do titles they know that will sell.

But!

I would pay super premium price for Tokyo Mirage Sessions on Switch. Playing that Handheld would be sweet.

Lord Vatek

Banned
Jan 18, 2018
I just need two. Xenoblade Chronicles X (and put Elma in Smash you god damn cowards) and Tokyo Mirage Sessions. Beyond that, I'm good.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
267010_front.jpg

jblanco

Oct 27, 2017
This is basically a port begging thread lol

I hope Tokyo Mirage Sessions because I have never played it and I'm intrigued.

But Mario Maker, the GOAT, should be a no brainer.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Xenoblade Chronicles X. I want to see why people love Elma so much. And of course, like you mentioned, Metroid Prime Trilogy.

Azoor

Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait
Tokyo Mirage Sessions, it's a crime that this gem bring forgotten in a game system such as the Wii U.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
Pandora's Tower, The Last Story, Xenoblade and Xenoblade X, and TMS #FE

pls Nintendo

edit: oh and W101

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
I'd love a Super Mario 3D World and Super Mario 3D Land HD double pack.

Edit: Mario Maker is more likely to get an expanded sequel that includes everything from the first game, and adds more stuff. Ideally it would carry over levels made for the first game though.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Get me the Fatal Frame and No More Heroes games.

Wonderful 101 and Tokyo Mirage Sessions would be great, as I never got to play through those.

Or what about the Path of Radiance / Radiant Dawn Fire Emblem two part series.

Advc

Nov 3, 2017
Paper Mario Color Splash. Poor game it's like it was made only to be forgotten. I would get it on Switch in a heartbeat.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
TOKYO MIRAGE SESSIONS IS LIFE. TOKYO MIRAGE SESSIONS IS ALL THAT MATTERS.
IT'S THE PERSONA 4 SEQUEL THAT WE DESERVE.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
Xenoblade Chronicles X. I want to see why people love Elma so much. And of course, like you mentioned, Metroid Prime Trilogy.
Elma's character is pretty basic but her fighting style would've been awesome in Smash between her dual swords, dual pistols and giant pilot-able mech. Sigh.....

RoboitoAM

Oct 25, 2017
Can't really think of anything but I would love some 3DS games to be off the old hand cramping monster, like Ocarina of Time and Majora 3D as well as Samus Returns, etc.

Aramon

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
3D Zelda collection

Include:

OoT 3D and MM 3D 720p undocked 1080p docked.
Wind Waker HD
Twilight Princess HD

Itprintsmoney.gif

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
since i never had a wii u, i want:

xenoblade chronicles x
yoshi's woolly world
paper mario color splash
wind waker HD
twilight princess HD
3D world

i think that's it.

edit: oh, wii too?

kirby's epic yarn
mario galaxy 1/2

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
You already mentioned 2 I wanted (Prime Trilogy and both Mario Galaxy games), so I'd add Wario Ware Smooth Moves and Wario Land Shake It. A Mario Strikers game would be cool too.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Oh, are we now allowed to include Wii games into our begging?

In that case definitely the Last Story - what I would give to play that multiplayer again, haha, such a glorious weird arena fighter that turned out to be.
Also, more people need to experience the glory of the banana peel gun.

In the same vein as above, Fire Emblem Path of Radiance / Radiant Dawn ports would be massively appreciated, those are just too damn expensive to get on the original systems at this point.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wonderful 101, Tokyo Mirage Sessions, and XCX are the last three obvious picks from Wii U.

Mario Galaxy Collection would make a lot of sense, but idk with Miyamoto's comments on Mario Remakes (plus Odyssey is far superior).
A Zelda Collection, Paper Mario, Xenoblade 1, and Prime Trilogy are the only real stand out picks for Wii. Not a ton else stand out.

MrBreada

Mar 13, 2018
Yeah, I'm going to hop on the Tokyo Mirage Sessions port bandwagon as well. I actually have yet to play an Atlus game, and the game went completely over my head. I've gone back and looked up more about that game, and it seriously needs more notoriety. It's such a shame that that game has also been doomed to the depths of being a niche.

Gifmaker

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Freaking Pikmin 3. Or better yet, Pikmin 4 that has been in development roughly since 5000 BC.

Neil98

May 2, 2018
Madrid, Spain
Tokyo Mirage Sessions, Xenoblade 1&X, Mario Galaxy 1&2, Super Mario 3D Land & World, Mario Maker WiiU+3DS, Wonderful 101, Pikmin Trilogy, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Metroid Other M, Donkey Kong Country Returns HD, Fire Emblem Collection (Gamecube+Wii games), Zombi U, Zelda Wind Waker HD+Twilight Princess HD, Zelda Skyward Sword HD, Gunman Clive HD, Nes Remix 1+2+Ultimate, Project Zero Collection (Gamecube+Wii+WiiU+3DS games), Year Walk, No More Heroes 1&2, Smash Bros Ultimate Subspace Emissary DLC, New Super Mario Bros+2+Wii, Paper Mario Collection (1+ Thousand Year Door+Super+Paper Jam+Color Splash), Yoshi's Wooly World(+Poochy), Kirby and the Rainbow Course

Last edited:

pixelpatron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Seattle
Mario 3D World, Wind Waker HD, and Pikmin 3 not making it onto Switch at this point is just nonsense. I guess Nintendo could use em if a title slips a release window. Yet 2019 looks stacked. I fear they won't want to canabalize their other first party efforts...so we may never see these gems on Switch. 😞

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Super Mario Maker. I could say this 10,000 times. By far the most unique and innovative game on the Wii U that everyone deserves to play, whether the Switch has a stylus or not. YOU CAN MAKE YOUR OWN MARIO LEVELS! This game doesn't deserve to be niche.
the game sold 4 million copies, and the 3DS version did 2.3 million. that hardly qualifies as niche.

SigSig

Oct 26, 2017
I can't, for my life, understand why we still don't have Mario Maker Switch. I mean, this is a no-brainer, right?
On the other hand I can absolutely understand why Tokyo Mirage Sessions Switch isn't a thing, but I really want it.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
My personal "Big 3" that I am somewhat surprised haven't happened yet:

The Wonderful 101 (although Platinum has expressed interest in that one and even sort of had a teaser for it a while back, although if it exists, it wasn't even in development at that time)
Xenoblade Chronicles X (with the online component, and the fact that the Switch has a higher population, and the fact that Xenoblade 2 did well, I feel like this one is a no brainer)
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Given the peak popularity of Fire Emblem, and the fact that Shin Megami Tensei V is coming to the Switch, giving this game a second chance would do wonders for it. It didn't sell well on Wii U. Part of the reason for that was being on the Wii U)

As for other games:

Pikmin 3 - Maybe? They could map the other characters to buttons or something since you had to touch the gamepad to switch to them. I feel like they want to get Pikmin 4 out rather though. However they could release Pikmin 3 before that.
Super Mario 3D World - I love this game, but at the same time I'm not sure how badly people want it back? Then again, I didn't think NSMBU would get ported, so I feel like this one is inevitable.
Super Mario Maker - I seriously doubt they would port this one, when they could just make a sequel and have more stuff instead, like they did with Smash Ultimate.
Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD - I kind of don't really see these happening, but maybe some day years down the road when they need something to fill gap months.

Also I'm not sure how they would do it without significantly reworking gameplay, but Star Fox Zero. It's actually my favorite game in the series, but I get why everyone else hated it.