• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pramod

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe in about 10 years? Or 20, at the latest? Will political and societal utopia arrive once whites are a minority in this country?

I wonder what politics will be like then? The GOP will be long dead for sure, or at least transformed into a much more moderate centrist party. Once the entire country is controlled by minorities, and we already have single payer and free college and unfettered immigration, what will be the most important political issues left? Will there even be much interest in politics, at all, at that point?

I'm thinking maybe even revoking the 2nd amendment might be possible. One can only dream.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If you think discrimination and classism ends with the white majority then I have bad news for you.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Those old people had kids, so unfortunately, no. Lessened, sure, but it's going to take many generations.

Deleted member 32374

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Don't worry about the death of politics. We'll find some way to fight about the distribution of resources.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
No. Look at Charlottesville. There are still plenty of young white morons to go around, who will continue to vote against their best interests, because "snowflakes" and "mah 2nd amendment rights."

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
No because their descendants share the same ideals and those ideals are hard coded in the foundation of this society. We've literally seen just this year multiple millennial aged people who staunchly believe in black oppression, trans marginalization and female submission. Racism didn't end when the old white people who piloted those first slave ships to land on the new world died. It didn't end when the Confederate veterans died. It didn't end when the people who siced dogs on civil rights activists died. It most certainly isn't going to end after David Duke or Sessions.

Oct 26, 2017
Yes, because we know virtue is an inherit consequence of skin color, OP. Great job cracking the case. And to think they almost got away with it too.

Neo C.

Nov 9, 2017
No, talk with all kinds of people - young and old - and get an infinite number of bad opinions.

Beardz

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
OP, what do you think about the following question:

Will all our racial problems be solved after old black people die off?

Rangerx

Oct 25, 2017
Dangleberry
No there is zero chance of that. Every people, ethnicity and nation on the planet has political issues. Yours is an incredibly simplistic view.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
No? Bigoted old people had plenty of time to spread their beliefs to their kids and others, who carry the tiki torch. And there are plenty of younger folks who are indoctrinated into such beliefs in a variety of ways.

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
if you are hoping for an end to stupidity any time in the reasonable future i am afraid you have the wrong idea

people will continue to suffer at the hands of one another probably until the last of our species is dead

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
People grow up in an environment with a certain worldview, then they find pockets of the internet that align with that worldview (with the most extreme cases being something like 4chan or whatever)

Even if someone isn't knowingly a full blown proud white surpremacist or something you still have people growing up thinking that other people are dangerous, large quantities of minorities = dangerous, etc

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
LOL. Yeah, I bet people were saying that in the 1800's. "Once all the old Slave owners die, we'll all be living in harmony." People are just assholes and worse than that, they are getting stupider everyday. Things are going to get a lot worse before they get any better.

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
No, if you have studied any sociology, you will notice that racism, xenophobia and general attitude towards certain things are inherited to some degree. Not genetically or by birth, but by being exposed to their parents over the years. It's true that it's common for children to reject their parents ideology to some degree, but many more choose to believe whatever their parents believe.

John Rabbit

Oct 25, 2017
No. There isn't some grand cliff that's going to occur culturally once Boomers die off. Will it get better? Probably.
Maybe in about 10 years? Or 20, at the latest? Will political and societal utopia arrive once whites are a minority in this country?

I wonder what politics will be like then? The GOP will be long dead for sure, or at least transformed into a much more moderate centrist party. Once the entire country is controlled by minorities, and we already have single payer and free college and unfettered immigration, what will be the most important political issues left? Will there even be much interest in politics, at all, at that point?

I'm thinking maybe even revoking the 2nd amendment might be possible. One can only dream.
If you think the GOP are the only one's interested in giving corporations what they want and bilking the American taxpayer out of millions of dollars for college, healthcare, and other basic necessities then you REALLY need to take a look at the current state of American politics. The Democrats are not some unified,shining beacon of everything "right" with the world. Half of the Democrats in office would be considered centrist or even right of center in other more progressive countries. Bernie Sanders can barely talk about free college tuition without being labeled as the 2nd coming of Marx.

TissueBox

Oct 25, 2017
Urinated States of America
Uhhh well if the Nuremburg Trials, Postdam Agreement, and an entire war wasn't enough to take out Nazis, then neither will anything else.

The fight will always continue until the death of ethics. That is my happy-go-lucky view. ^^'

OP
OP
pramod

pramod

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OP, what do you think about the following question:

Will all our racial problems be solved after old black people die off?

To be honest, I have no idea. Black Americans seem to have their own unique set of challenges different from other minorities, that might require all other minorities to work with them to resolve. But I'm not sure how likely that is to happen, for example it doesn't seem to me that black and hispanic communities cooperate much with each other.

ianpm31

Oct 27, 2017
Majority of college students are pushing towards the progressive realm. I'm not sure how long it will take until we reap the benefits though

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Not a fan of the question to be honest. Cause it feeds into the "White people are under attack" narrative.

That being said there are plenty of young shitheads regardless of color to fill the gaps to keep man's inhumanity to man right on spinning.

RockTiddies

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
of course, why let's just look at other countries where white people aren't the majority or ruling class and this is already true such as...

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The GOP is not old at all and neither are a lot of their supporters, such as the alt-right

Democrats are having a much harder time coming up with young talent

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There will ways be political problems. Half the problems we deal with in the US could be severely ameliorated, however, if capitalism was replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.