• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.
  • Community Spotlight sign-ups are open once again for both Gaming and EtcetEra Hangout threads! If you want to shine a spotlight on your community, please register now.

Will Disney remake Pixar films in live action?

Mar 5, 2018
I want a live action version of Brave because that movie can actually be improved. It fell apart after the first 30 minutes because it went into the mindless fun direction and lost all the exciting drama it had build up. What a huge disappointment it was.

Oct 31, 2017
*dead*

Anyway so far all they’re remaking are traditional cel-animated movies. They have yet to remake a CGI film in live action, and I’m not sure they’ll bother. Someone mentioned The Good Dinosaur — they could just re-render that with less cartoony character designs and be done with it, because the environments are already photorealistic.

Oct 25, 2017
Part of it I think is about refreshing the properties and bringing back old characters into pop culture conversations. Having Dumbo, Aladdin and The Lion King in the same year seems like overkill, but I don't think they will remake Toy Story etc when there are still potential for sequels. I guess they don't have the capacity to do traditional animation anymore and they don't think anything done that way would be a hit.

Oct 25, 2017
Pixar films illustrate the problem with calling these Disney remakes "Live Action". Outside of films like Brave where you could replace the 3D characters with live actors, for many of the films you'd still be dealing with a 3D animation, just with a different "Realism" art style.

Oct 27, 2017
Only if the toys in Toy Story are real people dressed as toys and not CG. Imagine live action Woody and Buzz antics with Tom Hanks and Tim Allen. It’d be hilarious to watch.

OP
OP
Anung
Oct 25, 2017
Only if the toys in Toy Story are real people dressed as toys and not CG. Imagine live action Woody and Buzz antics with Tom Hanks and Tim Allen. It’d be hilarious to watch.
Chris Pine as Woody, Jonah Hill as Buzz Lightyear being picked up off the floor by Andy's Mom (Amy Adams).