• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SweetVermouth

Banned
Mar 5, 2018
I want a live action version of Brave because that movie can actually be improved. It fell apart after the first 30 minutes because it went into the mindless fun direction and lost all the exciting drama it had build up. What a huge disappointment it was.

Timbuktu

Oct 25, 2017
Part of it I think is about refreshing the properties and bringing back old characters into pop culture conversations. Having Dumbo, Aladdin and The Lion King in the same year seems like overkill, but I don't think they will remake Toy Story etc when there are still potential for sequels. I guess they don't have the capacity to do traditional animation anymore and they don't think anything done that way would be a hit.

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017
Pixar films illustrate the problem with calling these Disney remakes "Live Action". Outside of films like Brave where you could replace the 3D characters with live actors, for many of the films you'd still be dealing with a 3D animation, just with a different "Realism" art style.

Transistor

The Walnut King
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
I honestly don't think so. It really seems to be their 2D hand drawn animation that they're moving to live action / cg. Pixar already being CG seems redundant

BeforeU

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I hope not but I am sure there is demand so they probably will

I am a Bird

Oct 31, 2017
f7e.jpg
Cars but with actual actors faces. Like Vin Diesel as a train. Fuck it make a Thomas the Tank Engine movie like that.

Murphy is a really useful engine.

superpickleman

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Only if the toys in Toy Story are real people dressed as toys and not CG. Imagine live action Woody and Buzz antics with Tom Hanks and Tim Allen. It'd be hilarious to watch.