• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ive been thinking about this quite a bit. EA had had a rough go of it this generation. Between the absolute blundering of the star wars license. Commercial bombs like titanfall 2, battlefront 2, battlefield v, mirrors edge 2, and mass effect andromeda, and the general negativity that surrounds the company and its studios, i have to wonder if there is a major restructuring in their future. I cant imagine this star wars deal has been very profitable for them outside of battlefront 1. And those games that tanked cant have been cheap endevors. If rumors are to
Be believed much of biowares future relies on anthems success. And if that fails its not unreasonable to picture EA leaving behind large triple a games that im sure cost them a fortune to develop in favor of smaller, more easily monetizable titles like their sports series. Anyway just a thought. What do you guys think, also the same could be worried about for bethesda with their line of commercial bombs.

Bennibop

Oct 30, 2017
OP you are forgetting all the AAA EA Sports games that make them most of their money.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Talk about an ERA bubble jesus christ

EcN7Snu.png

9fh519M.png

3flf4sV.png

LqfU9WT.png

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
will one of the richest companies leave the business that made them rich

Oct 25, 2017
At Worst Case for EA , EA and Football ( Soccer ) are parallel , As long as Football is as popular as it is now , then EA wont leave the AAA Budget Area , even if all their other projects failed , Unless a Miracle happened and FIFA faced another serious competitor other than PES

Kongroo

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Ottawa, Ontario, CA
Mobile brings a lot of money. But them leaving the console space would literally just let other companies swoop in and take EA's place. They gain nothing by dropping out of their current position.

They will continue to make AAA games because AAA games continue to make them money. Even if it is less money than mobile, it's still very profitable.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
Ive been thinking about this quite a bit. EA had had a rough go of it this generation. Between the absolute blundering of the star wars license. Commercial bombs like titanfall 2, battlefront 2, battlefield v, mirrors edge 2, and mass effect andromeda, and the general negativity that surrounds the company and its studios, i have to wonder if there is a major restructuring in their future. I cant imagine this star wars deal has been very profitable for them outside of battlefront 1. And those games that tanked cant have been cheap endevors

This is wrong on so many levels.
You can't imagine SW BF 1 & 2 was profitable after selling over 20 million copies? LMAO

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
If you think that console sports games are cheap and not AAA, I do not even know where to start.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Did Battlefield even lose money or it just "underperformed"?

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Their sports games make a killing. So no, absolutely not. Also there's a weird implication in the OP that sports game aren't AAA...like, wha?

Deleted member 47843

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2018
No. They're just going to double down on the AAA games they can monetize like their annual sports titles and shooters.

They'll keep moving away from single player games and smaller games is all as those can't be monetized as easily.

Feb 10, 2018
It would be useful to post the sales figures of these games to put things into perspective.
Are they losing a lot of money with these games, because if they are they won't tolerate it for long.

Deleted member 9714

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
As long as they can keep psychologically manipulating people into becoming gambling addicts via sports games they will be fine.

Ikaruga

Oct 27, 2017
Austria
Ea has to murder a lot more companies before it finally goes down the drain, don't worry, they will be around for a bit longer.

c94.png

Bioware is next in line.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Please get off that Youtube outrage kool-aid for a bit and join us in the real world OP

20180514_Games_Revenue.jpg

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure they're making more than ever. Lock this fam.

OP
OP
Secretofmateria

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dude just stop, you are clueless.

Nah, i could keep going. It doesn't raise any red flags to you that battlefield bombed this year? Or that other large titles like battlefront 2, or titanfall 2 failed to take off the way they were intended to? Im not talking about their sports catalogue, thats clearly alive and well, but i think there is a discussion to be had at the idea that these games arent pulling in numbers the way ea would have liked them to.

Status
Not open for further replies.