• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Will the SX fit in your current entertainment center?

• Easily

Votes: 548 49.4%
  • With some difficulty

Votes: 118 10.6%
  • It'll be a pain in the ass

Votes: 195 17.6%
  • Nah

Votes: 249 22.4%

• Total voters

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
I'm just curious based on current size estimates how many will have to rethink and rearrange their entertainment centers in order to fit an Xbox Series X comfortably into the mix. Personally, I'd have to move a few things around but I could manage with some difficulty.

What say you? How easily will the SX fit in your setup? Will you rearrange?

maxresdefault.jpg

WEmf6Jk.jpg

Fan render from reddit assuming 304mm (12") tall and 152mm (6") wide/deep.
qbqeD7E_d.jpg

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
Since it'll just sit on top of my entertainment center with a mounted tv, yes.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I still don't think that will end up being the final design, but I'd just have to lower a shelf in my entertainment unit and it would fit fine.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh hell I didn't realise it was that thick compared to the X, no way that fits in my entertainment unit.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I've got a wide TV stand with at least 12" to left and right of my TV, so I'll just place it vertically beside my TV on top of the stand.

I'm basically picturing where that vase/candle thing is in this picture. Standing it there vertically. Should be lots of room, plus the plan is to upgrade the TV in the next year to something 4K and hopefully with a smaller bezel, but still 55". I don't think it will fit where my XB1 or PS4 are though...maybe it would. That's gotta be 6". It would be tight though, and look better vertical I think.

kkls7Nm.jpg

Last edited:

Ionic

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Surely if there isn't room under your TV you can just put it to the side of it on the floor. It looks smaller than a living room trashcan.

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
Absolutely not unless it's laying in a position that blocks the disc drive.

Aranjah

Oct 27, 2017
If I replace my current Xbox One with it -- which I assume I will be doing since it's backwards compatible -- yes.

Angst72

Oct 27, 2017
With all those vents I don't think you should stick in a just big enough place without enough ventilation... It will need some serious air.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
Why are people making a big deal about this? It can be seated upright or on its side. When other consoles were advertised standing up, did you assume the console wouldn't fit in your television stand?

halfjoey

Nov 26, 2017
I think it will fit but ventilation will be an issue for a lot of people who have cubby holes in their TV stand. Laying it horizontal with the disc drive facing out means the air will move from left to right. (If the tower is designed like similar PC towers)

Everyone knows it can lay horizontal. Even then some people will have issues.

I plan on putting it behind my TV. Not in a cubby hole.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
Well, with the Switch there, I have room for one more tall console. So I hope the PS5 is slim and horizontal!

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Horizontal, always.
On top of entertainment center without obscuring TV, maybe?
Vertical, never.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
I think it will fit but ventilation will be an issue for a lot of people who have cubby holes in their TV stand. Laying it horizontal with the disc drive facing out means the air will move from left to right.

Everyone knows it can lay horizontal. Even then some people will have issues.

Isn't that true of whatever console is put into cubby holes? Hell, aren't the vents on the Xbox One X / S on the side?