• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
shutting the store for PS Vita is going to happen sooner or later, even in the PSP you can still access to your download list from the menu, same with the PS3.

6847547221_82b18bd06a_b.jpg

however in the PS Vita if you want to access to download list you have to enter the store, but with the stored is closed, you can't redownload all your games from the store, maybe you can access to download list from the browser in PC and send the download to your Vita, but some times it won't work, what if your deactivate your vita to use another account, or had to format for any other reason? the store won't find your Vita easily.

sony need to add the download list outside the store.

Oct 28, 2017
The solution is to obviously transfer all your games from your PS3 :^)

But eh, I think they'll just make you rely on the web browser to do remote downloads. The Store is undead as it is.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, they could still have the download list accessible via the store aplication while the store itself would be shut down. I don't think this will happen anytime soon, however.

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
They're going to keep it open for a good few years yet. There's still money to be made.

Vorador

Oct 28, 2017
Even if they close the store, you can still buy content from the web browser and remote download it. PSP store has been closed from years, but you can still do that.

Oct 27, 2017
The remote download thing is broken on PS3 from what I can tell. They really should make an update because if the store really gets taken down then there are no way to download the games apart from using a PS3 which is just ridiculous.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
Well they're still giving Vita games away with PS+ until March 2019, so its not gonna happen that soon.

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
Made me have a mini heart attack. I thought this was news I did not see.

I still use my vita and love it more than my other portable devices. Being a portable system, It is more so that they need to retain the ability to download bought games as lots of users probably went digital(maybe that's only me). They already killed physical games for it. They should keep the store alive for a long time after they are done supporting it (years ago).

If we won't be able to download our bought games anymore (on any platform). That is a serious flaw for digital purchases model.

OP
OP
L.O.R.D

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
The remote download thing is broken on PS3 from what I can tell. They really should make an update because if the store really gets taken down then there are no way to download the games apart from using a PS3 which is just ridiculous.
yes, that i meant, if the PS3 remote download is broken, the PS Vita remote download will be broken too in couple of years.

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
It really isn't something worth worrying about because I have no doubt they'll keep the store going for some years just like with the PSP and figure out some kind of solution by then.

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
i didn't mean this year or next year.
maybe in 2020 or 2022? who knows.
but eventually it will be closed.

I have a feeling that as soon as PS5 arrives "PSN/PS Store 2.0" will be a thing and PS3 and Vita will be left behind.
PS+ until March 2019.
Store until March 2020.
E3 2020 "PSN/PS Store 2.0" announced for PS4 and the upcoming PS5.

maouvin

Oct 25, 2017
Blumenau - Brazil
Remote Download is iffy, but usually works after a reboot. Or during the daily update checking/sync. Either way, doesn't work like the PS4.
And I too believe it'll live for a few years after the Vita gets discontinued in Japan.

And hopefully they'll make it compatible with the DS4 (like the Vita TV) before then.

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
FYI you can still download PSP games directly from a PSP even though the store is down. I don't see any reason why the same wouldn't apply for the Vita. Stop panicking about needing another device to download Vita games to lol

Henry Jones Jr

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
FYI you can still download PSP games directly from a PSP even though the store is down. I don't see any reason why the same wouldn't apply for the Vita. Stop panicking about needing another device to download Vita games to lol

Yeah, this. You can still open the store on the PSP and access your download list (the store is otherwise empty). I imagine the Vita will be the same when it happens.

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They don't need to push an update, the Store could just be replaced with an empty front.

Jan 11, 2018
But how would you download the games from there though? I have tried to find a way to download from the PC into the Vita but I found nothing.

what about new games bought and never made a backup for them, you can still buy games for PSP and download them to your PSP via download list.

I assumed you could just download them to your PC, but I guess not. I'm sure they'll implement a solution like that eventually though. They're not going to completely cut off the ability to buy and put new games onto your Vita.