• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Abu Dave

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Day): Making a thread to stoke inter-system rivalry
i love my Switch it's fun and entertaining. But as someone who buys a lot of video games I find myself lacking of stuff to play on Switch; there's just too many damn poets!

It's like the PSP all over again. When there's a exclusive it's amazing and great but the mass majority of the library is ports that either don't run good or are 10 year old indie games.

What gives? Do you expect it to ever really get a library of its own that isn't ports or sequels?

Right now our non sequel non port exclusives are:
*Odyssey
*Octopath
*ARMS
*1 2 Switch

Surely I'm missing something too but this is troubling. What do you think

Deleted member 3700

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
You mean new and original exclusive, not the whole library.

Edit: And yes to your question. All Nintendo 1st party games will be there, eventually. 3rd party exclusives are nice, but they probably will not be too many. More games are going multiplats due to high development costs. Most companies will not bet on one single platform.

Sebastopa

Apr 27, 2018
i love my Switch it's fun and entertaining. But as someone who buys a lot of video games I find myself lacking of stuff to play on Switch; there's just too many damn poets!

It's like the PSP all over again. When there's a exclusive it's amazing and great but the mass majority of the library is ports that either don't run good or are 10 year old indie games.

What gives? Do you expect it to ever really get a library of its own that isn't ports or sequels?

Right now our non sequel non port exclusives are:
*Odyssey
*Octopath
*ARMS
*1 2 Switch

Surely I'm missing something too but this is troubling. What do you think
Nice arbitrary restriction to fit narrative, OP.

And you somehow missed Sushi Striker And Labo but whatever floats your boat.

Toadsanime

Nov 13, 2017
Canary Wharf/Hertford, UK
Jesus Christ, there's literally more than 1,000 games for the Switch library, I cannot fathom anyone who has run out of games to play.

Arbitrarily restricting it to non-sequel, non-port, AAA games aside (any platform looks dire if you do that), it's important to remember that it only launched just over a year ago, and publishers simply were not expecting it to be a success.

Video games take years to develop, so we won't see the fruits of their new-found faith in a Nintendo platform for a while. There's plenty to keep you occupied in the meantime.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
OP, you're creating too many arbitrary rules to support your own argument. Unless you want to change it to, "where are all the new first party exclusive IPs?" then this doesn't make much sense.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
People always come up with the dumbest criteria for whatever suits their arguments. I've seen ports excluded, sequels excluded, cross-gen games excluded, multiplatforms excluded.

If a game is on switch, it's part of it's own library. Simple.

mindsale

Oct 29, 2017
Maybe? It's got two gems right now, but yeah, lots of fluff. As it gains parity with day and date releases on all platforms it will gain ground, plus a trickle of exclusives.

OP
OP
Abu Dave

Abu Dave

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also PS4 developed a fantastic library with no ports or sequels, so why shouldn't the same standard be held up for the Switch? Where is the Switch's Bloodborne or the Switches Detroit etc!

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Also PS4 developed a fantastic library with no ports or sequels, so why shouldn't the same standard be held up for the Switch? Where is the Switch's Bloodborne or the Switches Detroit etc!
This just plain isn't true dude. PS4 had plenty of ports the first years of its life.

If anything, Switch is taking a page outa ps4's playbook with these ports. (Porting games from the previous less successful console to their more successful one)

Oniletter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There'd be virtually nothing to play on Xbox and a somewhat crummy selection of games on PS4 if we were to discount everything else by your weird ( dumb) criteria.

Kamion

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Oh yes sorry I forgot Sushi Striker I apologize for omitting this Switch Classic

Also you should remove Odyssey then. It's a sequel.

If you have Odyssey in there you have to have Kirby in there for example.
Anyway, sequels not counting is super arbitrary just to support your argument.

Also refuse to believe that you have played EVERY Switch Port on their original system (like Disgaea and whatnot). They're new games for the people that haven't played them before and are often the definitive version (like MK8)

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
You're actually missing quite a lot. Mario + Rabbids, Golf Story, Sushi Striker like you said, Labo 1, 2 and 3... Probably more that I can't think of off the top of my head.

Teeny

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I don't care if a game is old or a port if I haven't played it before. It's all new to me.

I think, going forward, we are going to get a lot of "ports" on all systems (I know we do already). Gone are the times where a new generation meant dropping everything old as if it didn't exist any more. Publishers and indies have both realised that they can leverage their older libraries to fill out their portfolio on a particular system and make money after a smaller amount of investment.

This is a good thing. The more games are ported and remastered and rereleased, the more available they are and will be in the future.

Also, your list is poor and unnecessarily adds the "no sequels" requirement despite containing a sequel and it will have a good library of exclusives any way. This is Nintendo, even the Wii U did.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Did you just say sequels don't count to an original library of a system? You know that straight up makes the other consoles in the same line of thought right? The hell is this weird cycle of direct announce > hate Nintendo not enough games > too many games stop Nintendo ad nauseum. God this forum can be fickle and idiotic.

Status
Not open for further replies.