• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Will the election affect the consoles?

• Yes

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 83.1%
  • Maybe

Votes: 5 8.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 26, 2019
Do you foresee the historical 2020 Presidential Election stealing some attention from the consoles? They'll launch right around the actual election (early November 2020). I don't think any recent console has released in an election year, but I could be wrong about that.

Oct 25, 2017
The winner will probably affect how much they cost due to tariffs on China, but no they aren't going to affect the launch window.

Cocolina

Oct 28, 2017

Deleted member 5491

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Based on the bullshit republicans say:
Bernie will make the US the Udssr 2.0 and everyone will get a console for free

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
What kind of idiotic question is that? America isn't the only country in the world, and even still, no.

iamsirjoshua

Oct 28, 2017
For me, yes. The results of this election have the potential to be absolutely catastrophic for the US, and that would leave a new gaming console as feeling very trivial indeed.

Will the election itself provide a material delay to the console launches? No, but if you feel insulated enough from the result of this election to still think about video games, consider yourself quite lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.