Nerdyone

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Imagine it's 2020 and Trump loses the election. What kind of bullshit will he pull if he loses the election? Will it take a supreme Court decision to get him to leave the white house? You know he will challenge any election results that don't show him the winner

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He'd still have power for the two months during any transfusion I could see some attempt at putting curfews in place with the national guard called in to keep people off the streets for a manufactured reason.

He'd never leave willingly without torching the place.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
Imagine it's 2020 and Trump loses the election. What kind of bullshit will he pull if he loses the election? Will it take a supreme Court decision to get him to leave the white house? You know he will challenge any election results that don't show him the winner
He challenged election results in an election he won. Of course that orange buster would cry foul if he lost.

AppleMIX

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Part of me feels like he would let it slide. I don't think he actually wants to be president.

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
Not a snow balls chance in hell unless he wins. He knows full well he's going to prison shortly after he loses and that the office of presidency is the only thing protecting him.

ASleepingMonkey

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Iowa
He'll probably be like "WELL YOU ALL SAY THE RUSSIANS HACKED THE 2016 ELECTIONS WHO IS TO SAY SOMEONE DIDNT HACK THE 2020 ELECTION! I DEMAND AN INVESTIGATION!"

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
If he losses the electoral college he becomes a private citizen, if a private citizen is in the white house he'll become a trespasser, the secret service will then remove the trespasser from the premises.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
It won't get that far.

He will either be impeached, he will choose not to run or the GOP will refuse to support him.

_ifigured

Oct 29, 2017
He and the Kremlin's NRA will be issuing calls to their sleeping patriots to wake up and go make their own justice for White America.

Feb 13, 2018
Japan
In what bizarre universe do you live in where he would accept any result that involves him losing? Like... why even speculate?
The most he could do would be ordering a recount though.

RumbleHumble

Oct 27, 2017
I think he'll call it fake news if he loses and then challenge the shit out of everything. You won't get him out of the chair without force.

Deleted member 31133

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
He wouldn't really have a choice and would be forced to accept it. As far as I'm aware, there is fuck all he can do if he didn't win.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
No, but that assumes he evens runs for a second term, which given everything surrounding his administration, is still a big if. Realistically it won't matter though, it's all up to the Chief Justice to swear in the president-elect, he has no legal authority to stop the president-elect from being inaugurated. I suppose there could be colossal fuck-ups on the level of Florida in 2000, but I, barely, have enough faith in America that it won't be close enough for that to matter. If he loses 2 states by much more than 1%, there'll be zero chance he can overturn it. No doubt he would make lots of angry tweets about it, but I don't think it would go beyond that.

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'd say yeah - especially if the result was resounding, but anything less than a major overhaul across all branches of government and he'd find a way to stick his heels in as long as he can. His escaping from prison rides on this.

What if he wins the popular vote but loses the electoral vote?

Then he'll look to abolish the electoral, and we'll all know where the American public truly stands.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
My guess is that should he lose it'll be lawsuits woth talk of the evil immigrant fraud voters and the media rigging things. My fear is that the election gets rigged further in his favor and he wins though.

Bdub79

Oct 25, 2017
I speculate that there's some sort of secret manuscript that's been around forever to combat this sort of situation.

I hope there is lol.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
He said on Twitter

"of your favourite President (me)." he lives in a different reality.

I'll be surprised if he didn't declare them as "fake results" and start going on about russian-democratic collusion as well.

Bricktop

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The better question is can Resetera top the great meltdown of 2016 if he wins? Because, for all the talk (and gloating) about accepting election results before the votes were counted, there was very little accepting going on when the verdict came in.

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
The better question is can Resetera top the great meltdown of 2016 if he wins? Because, for all the talk (and gloating) about accepting election results before the votes were counted, there was very little accepting going on when the verdict came in.
I don't think anyone is under any obligation to accept Wotsit Hitler as their president.

Woolley

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It really doesn't matter if he does or not. There is no way for him to hold onto power either way.

Subba

Banned
Feb 23, 2018
If Roe v Wade is threatened, or even overturned, you could see a massive influx of evangelicals going to the polls to reward Trump. Not to mention the Israel embassy being moved.

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
A lot can change between now and 2020. Trump could get impeached or he could die while in office. I fully expect Trump to cancel the 2020 election for dubious "national security" reasons because of his false statements about illegal immigrants voting in 2016 and trying to allow voting restrictions in favor of Republicans. If 2018 mid-terms do not change anything, I expect our do-nothing Congress to allow Trump to have the elections closed indefinitely and I expect our current Supreme Court to uphold it.

Even if Trump is indicated for collusion, conspiracy, money laundering and a host of charges from Mueller, I don't really see that doing much to change the 2020 election because there won't be one.

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
Well, will he accept the 2018 results? He already allows Russian influence by not spending the money for election security.