• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
Just thinking aloud. Tencent have a small percentage of shares in the company. Will we get a 3rd game?

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Am I wrong in thinking But Whole sold less than Stick of Truth? If anything, that's why we wouldn't get a third one.

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
It'll be down to Matt and Trey more than it'll be down to Ubi. I'm sure they'd make another one if they could.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really hope we do.

Ubisoft San Francisco has to do something outside of Rocksmith DLC, right?

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
its certainly possible, just won't be released in China

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
The humor fell flat for me nearly all game through... i laughed hard at SoT, and only chuckled at FbW, even though the gameplay was more complex.
Anyway, that's not the matter here, considering they bend over to Communist china in communication to preserve the billion players market pool, they cannot let the authors have creative freedom.
So that's a hard no.

andresmoros

Oct 29, 2017
Houston
I certainly hope so. I bought the second one on Switch, but I haven't played it yet. I loved the Stick of truth, it was such a fantastic game.

SimplyComplex

May 23, 2018
I really hope so. Loved both games and it helps diversify Ubisofts portfolio.

Its really up to Matt & Trey though

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Matt and Trey are at that "if they want to make one, then one there shall be" tier.

Dazraell

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Poland
It's certainly possible. They already had a tech from The Fractured But Whole, so they could go totally nuts. But this is not only Ubisoft decision, Matt and Trey are both minds and stars of South Park and without them it couldn't happen. Halloween could be a great setting for a third game, though.

timrtabor123

Feb 11, 2019
It's certainly possible. They already had a tech from The Fractured But Whole, so they could go totally nuts. But this is not only Ubisoft decision, Matt and Trey are both minds and stars of South Park and without them it couldn't happen. Halloween could be a great setting for a third game, though.
So..Custome Quest but edgier?

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
If there's a third one, I hope they do something to shake up the town. Exploring and finding collectibles was a lot less interesting the second time around.

SRV

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Maybe? I never played Costume Quest before, so it's hard to judge.

When I was thinking about a setting I was thinking about a semi-horror theme with a story about trick or treats rivalry that went wrong in a typical South Park way.
That would be great! Do some kind of Stranger Things setting, they could have a new candy company move into town just in time for Halloween, they've built a new candy factory, however it's actually just a cover-up for them getting children to experiment on and create the "Inside-Out".

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Given current shenanigans with the show and China? I'd be willing to bet no, in the short term. Long term I don't doubt seeing one, but it needs to be more like Stick and less like Fractured. It seems ripe for a more Simpsons Hit & Run GTA clone than the RPGs we've gotten.

NoKisum

Nov 11, 2017
DMV Area, USA
If Matt & Trey are up to it. With most of their projects, it's hard to tell when they'll start working on something until the actual moment they start working with the passion that said project needs.

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
They need to make a tournament fighter based off of the "Good times with weapons" episode.

Nida

Aug 31, 2019
Everett, Washington
What genre would the kids be playing? They have done fantasy, and super heroes. Scifi? Gangsters? Cowboys?

Or maybe just go back to fantasy and expand upon it?

Deleted member 56580

User requested account closure
Banned
May 8, 2019
Since Obsidian got bought by Microsoft, I don't see it happening. Would gladly be proven wrong however

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
South Park Warriors with heavy Romance of the Three Kingdoms and Journey to the West parodies to stick it to China.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
I freaking loved them both so hopefully, I don't think the Tencent thing will affect their decision on to but who knows. Id prefer they went back to the first games style but either would be fine

Soneji

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Each game having a different developer would be cool. First Obsidian, then Ubisoft, next Larian(one can only dream). The guys behind Disco Elysium doing a South Park game would sure be something...

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
Ubisoft San Francisco hasn't announced or released anything since FbW but from their twitter have been staffing up all year. Its certainly possible that they're devolping another South park rpg.

Oct 28, 2017
I believe the next South Park game is going to completely shift genres and be a fighting game based on the episode "Good Times with Weapons".

d7kbqdf-d38afdd1-ed36-40e4-82cd-6ed00d68e4da.png

Oct 27, 2017
I hope so, both are great games. The Fractured But Whole is criminally underrated. It's not quite as funny as the Stick of Truth but the combat system is a lot better and actually has some challenging fights.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
I hope they do another one. The motif of kids playing is really charming and well done.

I can understand the second one not doing as well though. Speaking as someone who has watched maybe 10 episodes of South Park in my life, I somehow still got a ton of the show references in the first game, either because those episodes were referenced in the game, or I was aware of the other stuff via cultural osmosis. That didn't happen with the second game for me.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't like Fractured Butthole as much, the story and humor was mostly great but I didn't enjoy the real time tactical style as much where you could only attack the enemy from one angle depending on the character, the area instant kill moves weren't fun, and the town felt like it had ability gates everywhere.

I think horror themed is the best direction to go, and loads of KKK members to beat up... I mean people in ghost costumes and Mr Garrison as Pennywise.

Phantom

Writer at Jeux.ca
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Won't be horror-themed, did you guys play the expansion to TFBW? It's pretty much Halloween-focused.

IMO there's room for another RPG which goes back to SOT style (turn-based, not SRPG)

Theme: crime stoppers (s7e06) investigating mysteries around South Park

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Im playing fractured but whole right now and sadly im not feeling the gameplay. The tactical battle system is simple and at the same time crap to play and boring (and long). And how the game starts is... strange? The first act moves badly and slow until you get to the part of captain diabetes. That is the part that was starting to feel like the obsidian original, though the boss battle was trash (1 hit kills, luck, and unskipabble cutscenes when you die).

And something tells me is not going to have the inmense heights of the original's ending with the
dragon quest style canada
. I cant explain how much amazement i found with that ending act, it was incredible to experience withought bwing spoiled.

If theres a third, get rid of the tactical combat and go back to the mario rpg style or a new thing. Also i know it would be impossible but i did enjoy more obsidian's work.

The best thing of this game is that we actually got the castillian spanish dub with the voices of the show in Spain we were promised with the stick of truth but we never got.

Edit
Another thing that i actually dispise and is making the explorations worse than in the original is that when you fin crap joke items in the original there was a menu to read what they were and get everything, and IIRC there was a little drawing of them. In this game they streamlined so you get everything automatically and while faster it feels terrible. The name of the joke item is usually a reference to the show history but they appear super fast in the too right corner and you have very little time to read it.
Not only thay but also it feels after doing a puzzle to get a bag behibd something, as you dont really appreaciate what you are getting it feels unfullfiling. Crap system

Last edited:

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
That would be nice, Fractured was fantastic and enjoyed it more than the show itself.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Im playing fractured but whole right now and sadly im not feeling the gameplay. The tactical battle system is simple and at the same time crap to play and boring (and long). And how the game starts is... strange? The first act moves badly and slow until you get to the part of captain diabetes. That is the part that was starting to feel like the obsidian original, though the boss battle was trash (1 hit kills, luck, and unskipabble cutscenes when you die).

And something tells me is not going to have the inmense heights of the original's ending with the
dragon quest style canada
. I cant explain how much amazement i found with that ending act, it was incredible to experience withought bwing spoiled.

If theres a third, get rid of the tactical combat and go back to the mario rpg style or a new thing. Also i know it would be impossible but i did enjoy more obsidian's work.

The best thing of this game is that we actually got the castillian spanish dub with the voices of the show in Spain we were promised with the stick of truth but we never got.
The last level in Fractured Butthole is cool and some memorable bosses but I won't spoil it.