• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
The last level in Fractured Butthole is cool and some memorable bosses but I won't spoil it.
Thats good to know. Hope it gives me that "is fantastic!" sensation i got with the original ending act.
At least it seems the game is picking up steam after that strange first act. I enjoyed the captain diabetes mission except the boss.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Thats good to know. Hope it gives me that "is fantastic!" sensation i got with the original ending act.
At least it seems the game is picking up steam after that strange first act. I enjoyed the captain diabetes mission except the boss.
To be honest, that boss was easily the worst part for me, I tried to use the guide and felt like I won it out of luck when you have to avoid the instant death move for a few minutes. It almost put me off the game.

Monkeynuts

Jan 17, 2019
fractured but whole had better gameplay but a much worse story and humour. stick of truth had me laughing out loud a fair few times.

it would be nice to get another one but it doesnt seem like fractured hit as much as stick

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
To be honest, that boss was easily the worst part for me, I tried to use the guide and felt like I won it out of luck when you have to avoid the instant death move for a few minutes. It almost put me off the game.

The real time timer is badly explain and sucks from a gameplay point perspective. If you dont have a character class with the same move (launch and hit) as captain diabetes (I didnt), you will probably die. Worst of all, Becuase this is probably the first time you are going to get a character killed, the tutorial of reviving a character will appear, pausing the game mid move, and telling you you should return to use a reviving obejct on the killed character, thinking its important both are alive to do the mission.
Had to do it 3 times because, while i understanded you needed to get away from her fast, and i understanded by the second time captain diabetes launch move was primordial to survive, the timer went to damn fast (moving in the enemy's turn also wtf were they thinking) and if you have the bad turn luck of the prostitutes going after your faster character and launching him back, you are fuck eitherways.

And of course, you die, theres a heavy dialogue scene you cant skip. So much badly game design in that boss that is baffling. And yep, it also put me almost off the game (my head at that moment was like, why couldnt obsidian have done this game also, ugh...)

fractured but whole had better gameplay but a much worse story and humour. stick of truth had me laughing out loud a fair few times.

it would be nice to get another one but it doesnt seem like fractured hit as much as stick

Just finished the first act and I really dont see it. Gameplay is simple, boring and slow (funny that i felt the turn rpg was faster than this, when i suppose this was changed for speed). The attacks feel too similar (too many allies, to many similar characteristics, even if the animations change) and the paper mario quicktime events are repetitve and not fun this time around.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017

Personally I find the original rather simple but almost perfect, the second has better character develoment in the sidequests but always like having a third game just for the sake of a trilogy.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
South Park just keeps going so I wouldn't be surprised if we see a third game in this series. Might be a cross-gen game some time into next gen.

TheZjman

Banned
Nov 22, 2018
The part where I beat Fractured but whole on the hardest difficulty and it didn't give me the trophy for doing it has ruined it for me :(

But I would take another game definitely, but I don't think the creators would do it. It's so much work on top of doing the show.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I doubt it, it sounded like the development of both games faced a lot of challenges, both for the developers and Matt and Trey, and given the comparatively lukewarm sales and reception of the second game I feel like neither side would be willing to go through it again.

SimplyComplex

May 23, 2018
I doubt it, it sounded like the development of both games faced a lot of challenges, both for the developers and Matt and Trey, and given the comparatively lukewarm sales and reception of the second game I feel like neither side would be willing to go through it again.

the second game sold relatively the same as Stick of Truth