• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which platform will you play on?

• I'll play on EGS

Votes: 146 14.9%
  • I'll play on Xbox

Votes: 126 12.8%
  • I'll play on PS4

Votes: 210 21.4%
  • I'm waiting for a non-EGS option for PC

Votes: 181 18.4%
  • Not planning to play at launch or soon after (no interest atm)

Votes: 352 35.8%
  • Other (Please specify)

Votes: 22 2.2%
  • Stadia

Votes: 10 1.0%

• Total voters

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Curious to see what the platform breakdown might look like with launch a couple weeks away. Really curious obviously to see how many will buy on a platform other than PC due to the exclusivity with Epic Game Store.

As for me, I would really love to play on PC right from the start but I'm gonna hold off until it's available sometime later on Steam. I have some friends who will be playing on Xbox so that's where we'll be for the foreseeable future.

How about you all?

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
Not interested atm... WoW classic sucked me in and ill prob play that til Shadowkeep drops

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
ps4 at launch because all my friends are getting it there, probably end up double dipping on steam when the inevitable GOTY edition comes out in a few years.

BrutalInsane

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I'll buy it on a non-EGS storefront when it's bundled with DLC for like $10 max, but I would of bought it for full price on launch if it wasn't exclusive. Remnant From The Ashes will keep me busy for the next month in any case.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
Epic games store. I think complaining about a store exclusivity is dumb and childish. I'll go where the good games are at.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
PC at launch for me. Hyped for more Borderlands. I've played the older games endlessly.

DaiJyoubs

Oct 25, 2017
EGS idc about the client I just want it on PC. If I'll want it on steam, I'll just buy in a few years for $10.

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
I try to pretend to be cynical and stoic about this hobby, but sometimes the heart wants what the hearts wants, and right now it want some looty shooty goodness .
The Hype is still very much on - PC day 1

OP
OP
Kaeden

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Update: I will not be buying it on PS4
LnLDiGH.gif

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I don't know...
I though I had friends who were interested in playing it but everyone seems real soft on the idea.

I wouldn't mind playing it on EGS, but if I'm waiting for a group of 4, I wouldn't be surprised if I just wait until it's on steam. I don't wanna do another BL game solo.

Nov 28, 2017
I'll play on PS4, but not at launch.
I love Borderlands, probably my favorite series, but for a while now I don't buy games at full price.
Also, there have been several games lately that perform really poorly on base PS4, so I better wait to see if that's the case here (which I think is a serious possibility).
My plan is to buy the game at half price around New Year, but in case of performance issues I'm inclined to even wait for PS5 to launch.

OP
OP
Kaeden

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
I don't know...
I though I had friends who were interested in playing it but everyone seems real soft on the idea.

I wouldn't mind playing it on EGS, but if I'm waiting for a group of 4, I wouldn't be surprised if I just wait until it's on steam. I don't wanna do another BL game solo.
I should have mentioned in the OP that I too had a large group who said they'd get it on Xbox at launch and some have recently hinted that they might now wait. I think I'll have enough to play with for the time being but it is one concern I have.

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
No, was never a huge fan of these games and hearing about Randy's nonsense has completely soured me to the idea of buying it.

Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
I actually pre ordered it even though I hate Borderlands lol, decided to cancel my pre order and it turned out that I had pre ordered a collectors edition?? Don't even know whats in it and I don't want the game what so ever, but yeah long story short I have it pre ordered for PS4

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
If I buy it, it'll likely be months or years from now when I need something to play between releases and it can be gotten for the cheap. The Borderlands series doesn't interest me enough to get one of its games at or near launch.