• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Will you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 299 18.1%
  • No

Votes: 1,350 81.9%

• Total voters

th1nk

Nov 6, 2017
Nope, I am never going back to 30 fps for any action game on my OLED TV. Not gonna happen.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
Nope. There's other stuff I'll play instead if Gotham Knights has no Performance Mode. Plague Tale 2 and Persona 5 come out on Xbox like at the same time so I'll just prioritize those.
I won't be surprised if A Plague Tale: Requiem doesn't have a performance mode on current-gen consoles. The PC requirements are quite high for this title.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The 30 fps aren't the reason i'm not buying it.

But tbh i would expect way better graphics from a current gen game running only in 30 fps.

Sep 6, 2022
Same with Plague Tale haha. Trying to find any info. But no luck yet
Plague Tale Requiem is 60fps.
We have someone in the PlayStation OT who got their copy of the game early and confirmed it is 60fps on PS5. So, it would be the same on XSX/XSS.

Plague Tale: Requiem and GoW: Ragnarök both look better than this game and run at 60fps while doing so. That tells me everything I need to know about the state of this game's optimization.

Edit: Equanimity Plague Tale 2 is confirmed 60fps on current-gen consoles.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
Plague Tale is not an action game like GK and can get away with this.
It's an action adventure, but I get what you're saying.
Plague Tale Requiem is 60fps.
We have someone in the PlayStation OT who got their copy of the game early and confirmed it is 60fps on PS5. So, it would be the same on XSX/XSS.

Plague Tale: Requiem and GoW: Ragnarök both look better than this game and run at 60fps while doing so. That tells me everything I need to know about the state of this game's optimization.

Edit: Equanimity Plague Tale 2 is confirmed 60fps on current-gen consoles.
That's good news, thanks for the info.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Nope. Im buying a new PC next month and i probably can get a cheap pc code by that time

Retromess

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 9, 2017
As someone who to this day struggles to notice the difference between 30 and 60fps - yeah.

I've gone back and forth on those modes in the PS5 Remasters for Spider-Man and Miles Morales and gun to my head I cannot tell the difference.

As long as the game runs smoothly and looks pretty and loads fast I really don't care what the frame rate is.

TurkishDelight

C++ Developer at Microsoft
Banned
Oct 5, 2022
It's so strange to me that Arkham Knight from 7 years ago looks better than this game. Did WB not give these team any budget at all?

Kyzer

Oct 25, 2017
I'll play anything at 30fps as long as it's stable, it is only an issue if you get used to 60 and even then you readjust pretty quickly. 60fps+ worship is overrated, I prefer visual fidelity when offered the choice

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, have it pre-loaded on the Series X. I'd rather it be 4k/30 with RT than drop down to 1440 or 1080p to hit 60. As long as it's smooth at least.

I have a beefy PC so I could play it there, but rather get it on console.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm buying it. There's been plenty to make me consider whether that's a worthwhile decision, but only having a 30fps mode wouldn't be one of them.

Oct 28, 2017
I said at the start of this gen that I will not buy another game that only runs at 30 fps on consoles and I'm sticking to my guns. If this game only runs at 30 then I'll buy it on PC or skip it entirely.

If this becomes the norm for the rest of the console generation then I'll sell them without a second thought. The Switch and it's eventual successor are the only 30 fps devices I bother with and I accept that deficiency for the sake of portability.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
hell no, especially when it legit looks like a last gen game

Tonypark

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
I couldn't care less. If the game is good, I am in.
I usually play my game with the highest image quality instead of 60fps.

Jetsun Mila

Apr 7, 2021
I prefer 60 but I can deal easily with 30 FPS, that is no problem. But I don't care about this game to begin with

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
30FPS is probably my smallest hangup with that game lmao

it is weird that it doesn't seem to have a 60FPS mode since it was originally cross-gen and let's be honest, it still looks like a cross-gen game

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I don't not buy games I'm interested in just because they have this or that number of frames or pixels. Unless that number is like 20.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why the hell would you force RT on people. That's so dumb.

Badcoo

May 9, 2018
I don't mind 30fps but like most I don't have much confidence in the game. I have a feeling it'll drop significantly by Black Friday so we'll pick it up there. I'm hoping it has a decent co-op place cuz my friend and I are always looking for something to play.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
If I ever decide to play this game, it will be on PC (unless it comes to PS+ first).

But I haven't played a Batman game on console since Arkham Asylum on 360 -- every other Arkham game I've played on PC at 60+ fps. I've been spoiled by that so I can't go back. I've even tried City and Knight on consoles after I played them on PC and it was a terrible experience for me; I was getting my ass kicked because of the input lag. Fast-paced action games like them are sooo much better at higher framerates.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
I can confirm the PS5 version at least does not come with any graphical options other than Btightness, Contrast, Saturation and HDR. I can also confirm the game does not run at 60 fps.

That's crazy. Already paid for the game so I'll be playing anyway, but that will absolutely bother me... The ~25 PS5 games I've played so far have all had 60fps options, can't believe this won't.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
I can confirm the PS5 version at least does not come with any graphical options other than Btightness, Contrast, Saturation and HDR. I can also confirm the game does not run at 60 fps.

smh. Imagine releasing a once crossgen game with only 30fps mode on new consoles after a year of delay. Well, no buy.