• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

My first playthrough will be:

• Docked

Votes: 91 24.1%
  • Undocked

Votes: 107 28.3%
  • Both

Votes: 180 47.6%

• Total voters

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pokémon was always a handheld franchise but thanks to the Switch's features we will be able to play a whole new mainline entry on TV, that's a first for the franchise (not really counting Let's GO here since it's basically a remake). But will you play it like you always did before, in handheld mode, or will you Switch to TV mode?

I'll play it in docked mode, it'll feel something completely new to me playing a mainline Pokémon on TV.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Like every game I play, undocked.

OP
OP
The Last One

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really curious for the DF comparison of docked and undocked mode. But I'm expecting a good resolution in both modes.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
I'll try to play docked as much as I can just in honor of this being the first home console Pokémon game, but I'll still play in handheld mode sometimes cause it's the mode I generally prefer

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
I've waited my entire life for a proper core/mainline Pokémon game playable on the big screen, after playing Pokémon on handhelds for nearly 20 years I have no interest in ever playing them on a tiny screen/in heldheld mode ever again if I have the choice. I'll never play any game in handheld mode if I have the choice to play it on my tv instead.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Like, thinking about it feels so weird. We'll be playing Pokémon, but on a TV. Crazy stuff

Oct 26, 2017
If I do get the game, I'd play it docked. I've wanted to play a mainline Pokemon game on a television, but I don't know if Sword/Shield will be the one yet.

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
Been my dream since I was a kid to play a mainline Pokémon game on the TV so yeah, docked.

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
handheld, probably. i played 100% of odyssey and 99% of botw in handheld form, and those franchises would have benefitted way more from the big-screen experience.

after growing up on nintendo handhelds, my brain just defaults to the format without even thinking about it.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Let's GO completely took the shine of off this idea.
4Xp.gif

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
Undocked like all other games.

But I will put it in at least once just for the novelty of it.

Lord Azrael

Oct 25, 2017
I specifically want to play Sword and Shield in docked since it will be exciting to finally play a mainline game on the TV, but I'm sure I'll end up playing both ways eventually

Poison Jam

Nov 6, 2017
Both, but the vast majority of time will be spent in portable mode. Unless there's some awful performance issue.