• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

My first playthrough will be:

• Docked

Votes: 91 24.1%
  • Undocked

Votes: 107 28.3%
  • Both

Votes: 180 47.6%

• Total voters

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to start up that bad boy in docked mode at first. After that it will be whatever.

Sep 25, 2018
Pokémon was always a handheld franchise but thanks to the Switch's features we will be able to play a whole new mainline entry on TV, that's a first for the franchise (not really counting Let's GO here since it's basically a remake). But will you play it like you always did before, in handheld mode, or will you Switch to TV mode?

I'll play it in docked mode, it'll feel something completely new to me playing a mainline Pokémon on TV.

it don't matter what game it is my switch is played percent in handheld mode

Dogenzaka

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 20, 2019
Definitely docked. It's already not super impressive when docked, so I can't imagine how jaggy it'll look undocked.

RKasa

Jul 28, 2019
New Jersey
The sensible thing for me would be to play it docked as usual, but dammit, it's Pokemon, and I want to play it as a handheld game, same as all the others.

BlakeofT

Oct 30, 2017
Both. I play almost entirely handheld, but this is one of those games I want to play for longer than the battery life lasts.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Probably docked when possible since I find it easier to focus on games when playing on the TV. I have a bad habit of zoning out while playing this series on a portable.

Deleted member 32018

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Will be a mixture, will depend on where I am in the house. I'll probably try and play docked as much as I can though.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Both but I think it's getting a lot undocked in Bed time in these dark winter times.

Fusionfrenzy

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 2, 2019
As long as docked is GOOD unlike Let's Go. I hope to kick back and have Pokemon on the 65in OLED with a Pro Controller. Be amazing. Most of my Switch use is docked.

Of course I have played hundreds of hours of handheld Pokemon in my life so I imagine I'll use it undocked a lot when training, EVing etc post game.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Docked just like I play every other Switch game 100% of the time. With that I'm finally going to be able to enjoy a Pokémon game because it's not tied to a handheld.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
As long as docked is GOOD unlike Let's Go. I hope to kick back and have Pokemon on the 65in OLED with a Pro Controller. Be amazing. Most of my Switch use is docked.

Of course I have played hundreds of hours of handheld Pokemon in my life so I imagine I'll use it undocked a lot when training, EVing etc post game.
The game has no motion controls and supports the Pro Controller this time!

brinstar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Both, but probably mostly docked with pro controller until I get off my butt and send my joycons in for repair

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
Both. Docked when just playing the story, undocked for hatching and other things that don't need my full attention, and, of course, for taking the Switch around to friends for trading purposes.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've been waiting nearly my entire life to finally play a mainline Pokemon game on the TV.

As such, I'm mainly playing it on handheld mode.

TheFurizzlyBear

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I never really have opportunities/need to play undocked. Only reason I played Let's Go Eevee undocked was the aiming and lack of pro-controller support

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
Like every Switch game, "both". Whatever suits my mood.

That in the moment freedom is the entire reason I'm mostly Switch games only these days.

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I might throw it in my old Switch on the tv to see what it looks like but my main system is a Lite so undocked for me :))

AppleKid

Feb 21, 2018
Undocked. I have a feeling I will find this game to be a great game visually in handheld but a pretty bad one on the TV much like Let's Go

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Mostly undocked, like everything else (although I have been playing FF12 more docked for whatever reason!).

Oct 27, 2017
I've never used my system docked, to me it's really a handheld system only. This game probably won't change that.

Oct 27, 2017
Undocked. I'm getting a Lite just to play it as a traditional Pokémon game: handheld.

(Also, my main Switch is full of homebrew, so going online is a no-no :P)

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
Almost exclusively docked bc this is my chance to middle finger to everyone who said Pokemon couldn't be a console game, f that!