• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah yeah yeah this thread is a week late. Sorry.

Monday 1 July 2019 and will finish on Sunday 14 July 2019

Wimbledon-2019-ball-752x428.jpg

Defending Champions

Novak Djokovic

TELEMMGLPICT000200040084_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bqc6GO7q6KdKnvh91cXLjA_auuRGjdcPnMmIm6kdyIT30.jpeg

and

Angie Kerber (already lost)

dc-Cover-ovia7jj055jf7pvapet1c4hra7-20170528194146.Medi.jpeg

Biggest Story of the Tournament:

15 Year old American Coco Gauff is through to the 4th round after defeating Venus Williams in the 1st round and surviving a 3-set epic in the 3rd round.

kab-gauff.jpg

Lets talk tennis ladies and gentleman

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not much on tennis but heard the end of Gauff's game on the radio earlier. Crowd were going nuts for her and all the pundits too. She's definitely the story this year. Also maybe the Serena/Murray mixed doubles team.

Dispatch

Oct 25, 2017
It took as long to get an OT as it does for Rafa to serve.

Zing!

Seriously, thank you for the OT. It will bring in even more conversation.

OP
OP
Mcfrank

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017

Crazy that someone who has played 3 matches at the Grand Slam level is already this much of a crowd favorite.

Wafflinson

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Finally a grand slam thread. TennisEra has been slacking.

Super hyped to see Serena/Murray doubles.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
Gauff's run at Wimbledon reminds me of Melanie Oudin's run at the U.S. Open from years back. We'll see how far she can go.

But Gauff saving that match point with a BH slice that skipped off the line was awesome.

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Gauff's run at Wimbledon reminds me of Melanie Oudin's run at the U.S. Open from years back. We'll see how far she can go.

But Gauff saving that match point with a BH slice that skipped off the line was awesome.

Poor Melanie. After that run she was struck with illness after illness. She finally officially retired from tennis last year

OmniGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Anyway to see this in 4k in the U.S.? I read it's being broadcast in 4K (and HDR?) on a BBC channel

Same question for the U.S. open in a couple of month if anyone knows.

Oct 27, 2017
Glasgow
Konta's done very well to recover in this match with Stephens. Serving for the match now.

Murray and Herbert were just outplayed by a more cohesive doubles partnership in Mektic and Skugor.

Rafa sailed through against Tsonga.

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Welp, thats another fine coming for the Fog. Last time it was for making sexist remarks in Italian, this one will be for verbally wishing for a terror attack in Italian?

Oct 27, 2017
Glasgow
350 slam victories. Incredible.

If he gets to the final, it'll be 100 at Wimbledon.

[EDIT - Murray/Williams vs Mies/Guarachi on Centre Court now.

The last-minute pairing go a break up in the first game.]

[EDIT 2 - Second set starts just as the first did - a break for Serena and Andy.]

[EDIT 3 - And now up two breaks.]

[EDIT 4 - And that's the match! Just over an hour an a quarter and Serena's power and Andy's backhand proves too much.]

Last edited:

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Well this umpire call is interesting to say the least -

Apparently they celebrated too soon before the double bounce and lost the point immediately due to "hinderance". They would have gone up 6-5 in that set but ended up going on to lose the match.

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Well this umpire call is interesting to say the least -

Apparently they celebrated too soon before the double bounce and lost the point immediately due to "hinderance". They would have gone up 6-5 in that set but ended up going on to lose the match.

That tweet isn't available for me in the USA. Sucks that even tweets these days are region blocked.

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
I was at wimbledon with a ground pass the two first days of the tournament —- absolutely brilliant experience I want to repeat asap.

Now watchig Gauff in what should be her toughedt challenge by far.

OP
OP
Mcfrank

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
I was at wimbledon with a ground pass the two first days of the tournament —- absolutely brilliant experience I want to repeat asap.

Now watchig Gauff in what should be her toughedt challenge by far.

Did you have to wait in the queue? What was that process like? After doing Roland Garros this year I'd like to do wimbledon sometime in the next few years.