• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
Did you have to wait in the queue? What was that process like? After doing Roland Garros this year I'd like to do wimbledon sometime in the next few years.

Yep, you have to get there early and wait some hours in The Queue, but it's such a well-organized process, so orderly, you should look at it as a pre-match picnic. You arrive, look for the flag indicating end of queue, get your queue card and then you can move around to the stalls selling food or toilets while the sections move forwards.

OP
OP
Mcfrank

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Yep, you have to get there early and wait some hours in The Queue, but it's such a well-organized process, so orderly, you should look at it as a pre-match picnic. You arrive, look for the flag indicating end of queue, get your queue card and then you can move around to the stalls selling food or toilets while the sections move forwards.

And what made you decide on a grounds pass vs trying for centre or court 1? Do you wish you had gone with a show court or was a grounds pass enough at early in the tournament?

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
I was at wimbledon with a ground pass the two first days of the tournament —- absolutely brilliant experience I want to repeat asap.

Now watchig Gauff in what should be her toughedt challenge by far.

It's a magical place. I used to queue overnight every year for show courts. Needa go back next year I think.

If you get a ground pass on finals day and wait until the singles is done there's a chance you can get a doubles final ticket resale. A lot of people just go for the singles.

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
And what made you decide on a grounds pass vs trying for centre or court 1? Do you wish you had gone with a show court or was a grounds pass enough at early in the tournament?

We just didn't consider camping over night to try for the biggest courts. Was never really something we wanted to do. Maybe some day. But yeah, first couple of days, plenty of big name action on courts 3-18, stars and new talents, never ran out of matches we wanted to see.

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
It's a magical place. I used to queue overnight every year for show courts. Needa go back next year I think.

If you get a ground pass on finals day and wait until the singles is done there's a chance you can get a doubles final ticket resale. A lot of people just go for the singles.

A lot of people in the resale queue the first days as well, not sure how big a shot you have at getting show court tickets, but with that many people in the queue I guess some of them must.

Hootie

Dec 25, 2017
Gauff down a set and a break for the second match in a row. I can't see her pulling off another comeback against Halep, but it would be incredible if she did

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
A lot of people in the resale queue the first days as well, not sure how big a shot you have at getting show court tickets, but with that many people in the queue I guess some of them must.

For sure some do, but first week has so many courts seeing action I wouldn't waste my time to be honest.

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
Baseline duel with Halep generally not a great idea, she also looks ready to go deep in the tournament, as mentioned above Coco a bit more impatient. Still some nice points

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Heck of a breakout tournament for Gauff. I'm sure the US Open will give her a wildcard too and I'll be at the open this year. Would love to see her play

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
Top ranked host fave Konta taking the 2nd. Not sure if I want her to win for the home crowd or Kvitova for that post trauma comeback

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Big 3 all cruised to the quarterfinals on the mens side. Meanwhile none of the top 6 seeds on the womens side made it past the 4th round.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
Riske has a lot to proud of no matter how this match goes. Incredible tournament for her. Hope she can take that in the US Open.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Riske can still do this. These two are trading nerves back and forth.

Edit: Um, maybe nevermind.

Last edited: