• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Rumenapp

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
Great video talking about the first game and going into the sequel.

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Awesome doc, what I'm looking forward to the most this early in the year, just 2 more weeks!

Mzen

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Apparently, Gary Scott is still sporting the very unfortunate "massive pink lips" black stereotype in his little tutorial chibi form:

I am really hoping that this is just artwork from an earlier build and not part of the final one, they literally have to alter two frames (both visible here: https://youtu.be/mGO65VVWMSg?t=80) in order to fix it. I know those are supposed to be just some silly and exaggerated cute representations of the players, but the huge potato-looking noses are more than enough to achieve that goal. I doubt there's any malicious intent from the artists, feels more like an unfortunate oversight that can and should be changed. Even the original Japanese devs managed to avoid that particular pitfall all the way back in 1994.

Personally, I feel like this leaves a nasty stain on a game that is very obviously being made with a ton of love and attention. Dotemu devs, please do better.

OP
OP
Rumenapp

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
Would love for cross play between ps/xbox i think they haven't said anything about cross play.

BabyShams

Nov 7, 2017
Apparently, Gary Scott is still sporting the very unfortunate "massive pink lips" black stereotype in his little tutorial chibi form:

I am really hoping that this is just artwork from an earlier build and not part of the final one, they literally have to alter two frames (both visible here: https://youtu.be/mGO65VVWMSg?t=80) in order to fix it. I know those are supposed to be just some silly and exaggerated cute representations of the players, but the huge potato-looking noses are more than enough to achieve that goal. I doubt there's any malicious intent from the artists, feels more like an unfortunate oversight that can and should be changed. Even the original Japanese devs managed to avoid that particular pitfall all the way back in 1994.

Personally, I feel like this leaves a nasty stain on a game that is very obviously being made with a ton of love and attention. Dotemu devs, please do better.

Throughout the video they put a month and year in the bottom left. The most recent one to where you linked say February 2020. So maybe.

baconcow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is Max Hurricane Canadian or South African? They seemed to have swapped it.