• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

babyzelda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Oh sweet, they have the full version of this game:

archive.org

BrainStorm Pro : Free Borrow & Streaming : Internet Archive

Developed byelkware Systementwicklung GbRPlatformDOSReleasedNov, 1994GenrePuzzleGameplayTile Matching PuzzlePerspectiveTop-downInterfacePoint and...

I tried to buy it in 1996, but it was already abandonware then. The check came back in the mail. I spent years looking for the full version online, but could only find the shareware release, which I had gone through so many times, as only a ten-year-old in the shareware era could. This is the end of a journey. Thank you!

They also have the GOAT puzzle game, Heaven and Earth.

The copy protection answers are here:

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
VLYzsBc.jpg

<YOU GET RICH>

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017

too awesome. This is a Classic's classic.
So many early CRPG mechanics first popped up in this game.

My first real day/night cycle fright. Running from a ghoul for what felt like hours till the next town because it was too high classed for me to kill. It was find an inn or die. So I find an inn, partially heal, leave town. And guess who's on the outskirts waiting for me?

Last edited:

GearDraxon

Oct 25, 2017

too awesome. This is a Classic's classic.
So many early CRPG mechanics first popped up in this game.

My first real day/night cycle fright. Running from a ghoul for what felt like hours till the next town because it was too high classed for me to kill. It was find an inn or die. So I find an inn, partially heal, leave town. And guess who's on the outskirts waiting for me?
I was trying to remember if I ever played this, and found this awesome Medium post by the creator of the game - it really was the Wild West back then!

RingoGaSuki

Apr 22, 2019
Jazz Jackrabbit... Now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time. My school had it installed on all of the computers, and we'd all have LAN matches instead of actually doing work. Good times..

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
to assuage your fears the internet archives are relying primarily on a specific DMCA exemption for:
  • Computer programs and video games distributed in formats that have become obsolete and which require the original media or hardware as a condition of access.
This is a fairly broad exemption and is last mentioned from 2006; I don't know how far it holds up in this era of remakes and remasters. That said, a lot of the 3.1 stuff is Shareware versions anyway, so
Yeah, many of these game can be easily bought on Gog.com or Steam...