• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EGOMON

Nov 5, 2017
Earth
Wow...this thread...wow. Are people tweeting to Phil about this? With all of their (ms) talk about being inclusive stuff like this doesn't need to go unnoticed. Also, Jez needs to legitimately apologize on twitter.
I mean Mike Ybarra appeared in one of Dealer Gaming podcast and Phil follow and give platform to Tim Dog and Mrxmedia so don't expect much they say a lot of things

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Just read on some of this. Gotta say, these corporations need to do a better job associating with, giving freebies, access and consequently conferring perceived positions of power to these, at best apathetic, and at worst, bigoted individual and thus legitimizing their views amongst the user base.

It is especially egregious considering how these corporations tend to be explicit in their advertising about "diversity" and "inclusivity" to earn consumer goodwill.

dodmaster

Apr 27, 2019
I double-taked when TimDog appeared as a guest on one of the official channel Xbox Mixer streams this week. Like, I knew he was being embraced in some way, but to front his mug on my 50" TV? I shut that down fast.

An so Jez Corden just took a dump on his rep. Any information he shares now gets automatically discounted because of this behaviour. What a fool.

I fail to see the point in promoting Xbox Ambassadors, whilst at the same time promoting these nuggets.

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
I double-taked when TimDog appeared as a guest on one of the official channel Xbox Mixer streams this week. Like, I knew he was being embraced in some way, but to front his mug on my 50" TV? I shut that down fast.

An so Jez Corden just took a dump on his rep. Any information he shares now gets automatically discounted because of this behaviour. What a fool.

I fail to see the point in promoting Xbox Ambassadors, whilst at the same time promoting these nuggets.

You can separate information from the person giving it. Saying that literally everything he says is now tainted is an exaggeration.

He's clearly fighting way too hard on this though and is being beyond unreasonable. Take the L, admit that you really shouldn't have promoted someone so homophobic, and friggen apologize. Not for Era, but for himself and his followers.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Jez immediately making me look daft for defending him. "Ill-advised edgy language" is the new "heated gamer moment".

I give up. This guy has some serious work to do on himself.

Watching this snippet, why is he even promoting someone like this? Homophobic slurs, immature and childish console warring left and right. It's like bottom of the barrel gamer nonsense.

And Jez's responses have just been awful. He's clearly not particularly mature, empathetic, reasonable or accountable, and given his attitude to this entire situation, it's not really entirely surprising he follows or is friends with these types of gamers either.

In Europe where I live Faggot is slang for stupid, lame or just annoying. It was never considered a slang against gay people. It's an offensive word, but in different countries, faggot has a different meaning.

Dealer an American gamer, so it has a different meaning over there.

Am I still unsure if saying Nintendo and PS4 gamers are gay or is he calling them stupid for playing crappy games? Either way he should apologise and clarify what he meant at least?

Can't stand this sort of disingenuous crap. Firstly, Europe isn't a single country or some monolithic thing, its rich and diverse, but even then, what a load of horseshit. Unless you're being intellectually dishonest (which I have to assume you are) you'd either have to be absolutely ignorant or have lived under a rock your whole life to really believe that in the UK or Ireland faggot isn't used or regarded as a homophobic slur. Just because a word has multiple historic meanings, doesn't mean the common slang isn't relevant.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
This dude is pulling a Totalbiscuit where he knows he is in the wrong but is so stubborn he will never admit it and just apologize because it would be letting 'them' win, so he just doubles down forever.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
I still don't understand why he decided to go this way. Apologizing for promoting that, clarifying he doesn't endorse that kind of language and promising to do better when promoting people would have been enough. Instead he decided to go the "this is a console wars thing" way..

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
Damn, Jez. Way to be a complete shit of a human being.

"Sorry" is all anyone is asking. It's not a hard thing to say.

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
You can separate information from the person giving it. Saying that literally everything he says is now tainted is an exaggeration.

He's clearly fighting way too hard on this though and is being beyond unreasonable. Take the L, admit that you really shouldn't have promoted someone so homophobic, and friggen apologize. Not for Era, but for himself and his followers.
Are any hot scoopz he could report on worth signal boosting this kind of behavior?

Nightwing123

Oct 27, 2017
How did he turn a topic about people being mad at him for promoting a homophobic person into a console war thing...

OP
OP
xMaximusx

xMaximusx

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
And Mike Ybarra even follows this dude? Really not a good look. And he only follows like 145 people.

Yikes. To be fair i'd be less inclined to believe Microsoft leadership would know a extremist fans beliefs, but surely he's heard by now what type of person that guy is. Jez on the other hand not only knows who he's friends with, he's playing defense for him

Last edited:

Cthulhu_Steev

Oct 27, 2017

See: Colin Moriarty.

Corden's views are now tainted, simple as that. His response has been pathetic. I have plenty of people to get information from without having to listen to shit heels like him.

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
Should've just taken the L and owned up to it. But instead makes it about consoles wars. Shits whack and pathetic.

Arkaign

Nov 25, 2017
Xbox guy here.

Jez , and I know you're reading this along with other people ready to attack Era for hating groups of people, please grow up and realize that we're not mad that you're promoting Xbox stuff. Cause that's a ridiculous thing to get mad at. It's the Youtuber in question.

And the fact that not only do you keep blaming this site for not liking your decision, but also block people for calling you out on it, really shows that maybe you need to rethink your priorities. A lot. Same to all you people who use words like "tard" and "fag" to try and act cool.

I'm a straight guy. And you other people, be it non-members or former members saying that Era hates straights needs to grow up and realize that the world doesn't revolve around you.

Thank you! Said it better than I could.

It's not so difficult to treat people with kindness and respect, and to listen more. It's a shame how toxic people can be and not even have the self reflection to see it.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Never heard of this tool before and I'm glad. The entire OP is filled with a gaggle of cunts.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
To be fair, Rand al Thor 19 isn't like those others. He's way more measured and reasonable and I'm pretty sure he got a PS4 a couple of years back. His preference is Xbox but don't lump him in with the same crowd as the rest of them.

He went into Dealer's Podcast after the Xbox conference though.

I agree he is not like the other guys, but I have never seen a Dealer video until he mentioned it on his chanel, so I checked it out. I found Dealer to be pretty toxic and I wondered why Rand was there

kamineko

Linked the Fire
Oct 25, 2017
Accardi-by-the-Sea
I can confirm that gamepass still works even if you have a problem with homophobic rhetoric

The idea that Xbox owners are all down to defend this nonsense is wild

The idea that folks only have a problem with homophobic rhetoric because of era is pretty far out too. I didn't learn how to be a person here

OP
OP
xMaximusx

xMaximusx

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
His series of tweets are pretty bad to be honest.

He can attack Era all he wants but he can't defend homophobic slurs they way he did, dismissing them as "edgy" or equating them to an Eminem song from 15y ago

He says this guy is his friend and isn't a homophobe. Again trying to play them off as comments many years ago. This wasn't long ago, and again he had more that were more recent before he scrubbed it since he was threatened with being reported

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Jez seems like an asshole.

Not surprised by the youtuber, there's a lot of toxic communities out there, and there's not much you can do about it. But people like Jez and Mike propping them up are a real problem.

Edit: I meant to post this in the other, more recent thread.

Last edited:

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
Guess who else started following that fuck:

Screenshot_2020-10-19_at_16.21.43.png

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
More and more the situation in Xbox Brasil makes even more sense. Such a Shame.

Bunkles

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Aaron Greenberg and Phil Spencer regularly engage with toxic Xbox fans on Twitter. Dealer, TimDog, etc. It's not just Jez.

BaileyBLM

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 25, 2020
Phil preaches against toxic gamers and then proceeds to follow the most toxic members in the Xbox community. Makes sense

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This and the Xbox BR situation and probably more that I don't know about.

What the fuck is going on at Xbox?

Jul 10, 2020
Should he be given the benefit of the doubt?
Edit: Phil, not Jez.
I think so.

It's very possibly all you see is a positive Xbox hypeman and not know about the shit in the past.

If you didn't know about the statements in the past, you wouldn't know about Dealer know.

I'm not saying he's cleaned up his act, he just doesn't say shit like this like he did in the past. It's easy to hide.

Domino

Oct 25, 2017
This is a really bad look, for Phil. He needs to practice what he preaches and distance the Xbox brand from these people. If not I just cannot go forward with my Series X purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.