• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
I hope this also means Nintendo games on Xbox. Imagine getting a platform with Nintendo exclusives and pretty much every third party.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Nope! Moon is owned by MS:

https://www.orithegame.com/moon-studios/

Unless it was worded wrongly.

They describe themselves as having a first party relationship with MIcrosoft (I recall Gennadiy Korol saying as much to Shacknews at E3) but they are an independent studio through and through.

It's public knowledge they are not owned by any larger entity and Thomas Mahler has repeatedly said that they intend to remain that way on this very site.

Last edited:

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
I'd totally double-dip on Cuphead. Especially since it's getting that DLC expansion.

Nice, all fingers pointing to Banjo in Smash...

I hope
I hate to spell it out for you, but I'm pretty sure that neither Microsoft or Nintendo give a damn about Banjo. If Smash gets an MS rep, it's probably going to be someone who isn't hilariously irrelevant.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Would be nuts to see what a native Switch + PC version of MCC with crossplay and gamepasd would do to the player numbers of that game

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
If any of this stuff is true, E3 is going to be amazing with potential Nintendo at MS's E3 conference and MS on the Nintendo direct. And Sony will be nowhere.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Would be nuts to see what a native Switch + PC version of MCC with crossplay and gamepasd would do to the player numbers of that game

I think MCC would be way too big of a project for proving out Xbox Live support if that's what these games are supposed to do. Something like KI would be my guess.

AuroraMusisAmica

One Winged Slayer
Aug 16, 2018
These are tests I can abide by.

Would certainly buy both (In this case double dip on Ori) if they came for Switch!

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah no I agree, I'm just thinking for later down the line, Switch can run those games for sure (well probably not 2A as is)

I think they'll just keep that stuff to xCloud rather than do big ports down the road if this is just for testing things out (especially looking at the scale of the games we know about). It sure would be neat to see how a 30fps MCC port would compare against a 60fps xCloud stream though.

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
This seems on one hand brilliant but on another insane from my point of view.

On one hand, it would probably take a miracle of an exclusive project to get me to by MS hardware. So by releasing games on switch, this is the only way they have to sell games to me (that I am plenty interested in, but not enough to pick up a system).

On the other, this would pretty much solidify me never buying MS hardware for the near future. I'd have zero reason to.
You are the perfect example of why this works.

You would never consume anything from them if not for this. Now you might.

And if you build a library there's a chance you may invest on a Xbox or a pc to upgrade the visuals and the performance of the games on your library.

Either way, it is a win for them.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Can't see it being Chief. His guns are too close to real guns.

He's got some good options that don't scream "assault rifle".

300px-H5G-Plasma_Grenade.png
158px-M19_SSM_RL.png
300px-H5G-EnergySword.png
300px-H2A_T25DEP.png
300px-H2A_T33Needler.png

Deleted member 13707

Account closed at user request
Oct 27, 2017
It does raise the immediate question of why would I buy an Xbox console by itself when I can play Nintendo games AND Xbox games on Switch?

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Sure you could work around it, but Smash is all about depicting characters and all their iconic attributes. Removing the battle rifle and the pistol would be not doing him properly.

Also he's kind of a dull character anyway, with not much personality (which is fine in Halo since it's not really about having an interesting character). I don't think he'd make a good smash character.

Then why is snake in the game? You didn't consider that did you

You're playing Metal Gear wrong if shooting guns is the main thing you're doing.

Edit: And Snake has way more personality.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
It does raise the immediate question of why would I buy an Xbox console by itself when I can play Nintendo games AND Xbox games on Switch?

If steaming is what you're OK with than you're golden without the console. Microsoft just wants you tied into their services regardless if you made them lose/gain money in selling you a console or not.

Spinluck

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
I'd totally double-dip on Cuphead. Especially since it's getting that DLC expansion.

I hate to spell it out for you, but I'm pretty sure that neither Microsoft or Nintendo give a damn about Banjo. If Smash gets an MS rep, it's probably going to be someone who isn't hilariously irrelevant.

Sure, a man can dream though.

SirBaron

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I would love to buy Ori on switch love Gareths work ever since I worked with him 12 years ago... Fuck me... Somebody slow time down!!

kc44135

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Wait, I'm confused. Is the article on the OP actually suggesting Ori and Cuphead ports are coming, or just suggesting they're being used for testing purposes?

Deleted member 13707

Account closed at user request
Oct 27, 2017
Can you play in 4K with 4K 3rd party titles on switch? No.

People who are onboard with big publisher's big games being on Switch are apparently not all that harmed by a definitive performance downgrade.

I'm putting this idea in the same category as porting. Let's see how these potential Xbox titles turn out on Switch.