• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
Super cool.

I assume the sounds are a secondary thing and not some Windows System Sounds or something...

Dakkon

Oct 27, 2017
I cannot even imagine what kind of stress this puts into the CPU.

But why not lol

It's fake.

From the description of the video:

Done by taking the original pixels, then parsing to black and white and scaling down to 56x32 pixels. I spent quite a lot of time finding a good function to scale the brightness to try to make the contrast good.

Basically he took a normal Task Manager, recorded it, then edited in edited Doom footage, added % signs to each pixel to match the darkness at each frame.

There's 2 other clues that it is fake:

* The task manager would have a scroll bar for that amount of cores.

* The task manager does not update CPU core utilization this fast.

OP
OP
BubblegumNemesis
Feb 1, 2018
Europe
It's fake.

Basically he took a normal Task Manager, recorded it, then edited in edited Doom footage, added % signs to each pixel to match the darkness at each frame.

Oh bummer.

That is a pity.

Nov 28, 2017
Sweden
It's fake.

Most likely it's fake but that description in no way says so. It just describes the process of getting the output image to display. That part would be the same whether doing it fake or real.

Last edited:

FarZa17

Oct 27, 2017
I remember that CPU from Linus video; 56 cores
but in the video it has like 800+ cores.

Mantrox

Oct 27, 2017
Transforming the cpu utilization gradient into a pixel, damn...

PeriodicBeneficialDingo-small.gif