• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

HyperionX

Oct 27, 2017

Jisgsaw

Oct 27, 2017
CEO's in other countries can't fire anyone they want, whenever they want?
Technically, no, they have to have a ground for the firing, else the employee can sue. In the case described in the OP, there's no way the employee would lose the suit. (France/Germany, but I'd expect it's the same in most of the EU)

Now, if they realy, realy want to fire someone, they could technicaly find some ground to do it, but still be at the mercy of the court.

badboy78660

Oct 27, 2017
Technically, no, they have to have a ground for the firing, else the employee can sue. In the case described in the OP, there's no way the employee would lose the suit. (France/Germany, but I'd expect it's the same in most of the EU)

Now, if they realy, realy want to fire someone, they could technicaly find some ground to do it, but still be at the mercy of the court.

Ah, I see; thanks for the clarification!

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
Ah, I see; thanks for the clarification!
As you have already been informed. Hells no. Sure if you really want someone gone you csn dig up a reason, but actual effort is involved. You cant just go "you're fired".

During probationary periods you csn be let go for no reason at all, but that is only usually like 1-3 months.