• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mechanized

Oct 27, 2017
It looks like FPS dark souls with guns. It looks amazing, surprise of the night. That reveal was great too.

HeavenlyE

Oct 27, 2017
Loved the instant eating of crow from people who were like looks like another walking sim..

Looks great

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
That bait and switch is a work of magic, when I saw the gun show up on screen my interest shot up instantly. Ethan Carter atmosphere and story experience + Excellent Gunplay? This is a winning formula, take note.

RexNovis

Oct 25, 2017
So in for this! Looks all the right kinds of interesting. Here's hoping it's as fantastic as painkiller was back in the day.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
You cannot be serious.
I can and I am. Why should a GamerGater (as this dev apparently is, I'm only hearing about it now) be given the stage at The Game Awards? Especially at this year's event which went pretty far to celebrate inclusivity. I'm a little disappointed in Geoff to let someone like that in just to get the reveal trailer.

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This trailer got me good. I mentally tuned out the instant they said "From the creators of The Vanishing of Ethan Henry" only to have my expectations completely subverted shortly thereafter.

OldMuffin

Nov 1, 2017
Actually knew it was going to be a shooter cause I vaguely recalled them saying they were working on a shooter a year ago, but still that trailer was great. The way they tricked people into thinking it was going to be a walking sim and then flipping the script was great, can't wait for this, cause this seems to subscribe to the classic style of fps gameplay (which has been making a comeback lately).

Elixist

Oct 31, 2017
I adored how they did the gun + action devs reveal after getting a lot of people thinking "aaw I love the visuals these guys put out but I'm not into walking sims" for the first few seconds. haha

ya that was a masterful troll. i was actually thinking this might be the first walking simulator ill try cause i was digging the style so much, then holy shit its an action game looks hot.

TheBrainninja

Oct 27, 2017
Wait, these guys are Gaters? Really? That's a fucking bummer.
I don't know if the whole dev team is in on it, but the lead(?) has absolutely said some shit. I'd be careful maligning them all because of him, but his involvement is worth noting.

A shame, again, because that's a dope trailer and it looks really cool. Teleporting is a cool mechanic for these kind of mob-shooters, and I bet they'll have a bunch of other rad stuff in there that I won't see.

Oct 25, 2017
Very excited for this one. Looks great and the talent behind it sealed the deal.

Normally, I'd skip this because of the GG connections, but unlike that Kingdom Come game and The Last Night, I didn't see anything too terrible being said by the studio at large. Misguided opinions, sure, but nothing too gross.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Shit really? What's the story behind this?

Creative director was an outright gamergater, siccing followers on people and everything. It might have been a while since he's done anything shitty (last thing I specifically remember him doing was around the latest Deus Ex?) but it's hard to tell whether that means anything given that GG itself has died down, you know?

I correctly guessed it was them from the art style and so was disappointed even before it was clear it was them.

EDIT: A quick glance shows him whining about Polygon and expressing sympathies for Last Night's dev in the past year (and to be clear I'm absolutely not declaring these things to be extremely objectionable by themselves, just red flags in general) so I'm going to go with a no on whether or not he's likely to have changed at all

Last edited:

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Game of the show for me, easily. Always down for an FPS that takes an unusual aesthetic approach, and the pedigree is rock solid.

But now I'm sad that any future threads are going to be overshadowed by discussion of the developer(s) as individual(s).

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Looks hard, but fun, and beautiful. Probably not in-game footage, though.

I may check it out, depending on what I hear and how it shapes up.

Zeb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The user was warned for this post. Don't relativize the actions of a hate group.
I'm not very well versed in all political bullshit gaming has got into recently but from what I recall gamergaters are basically divided into two camps - misogynistic nut jobs and people who don't like to be dictated what they can create and how they can create. Adrian falls firmly into the second camp, so I have no problem with it. Now if he started to post some fascist regalia on his twitter that would be the first case.

EVAC434

Oct 27, 2017
So that looked great. I really like the dashing, looks really smooth. Also great atmosphere.