• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
So we're seeing a lot of Wii U games get released on Switch, which is great considering the Wii U didn't sell that many units, so there is a solid argument that a lot of people missed out on these titles the first time around and re-releasing them gives Nintendo a second chance at making additional revenue from them

Now the 3DS wasn't a flop console, but it still had a ton of great games

While the 3DS is still being supported I can understand why Nintendo would be reluctant to release 3DS titles on Switch, but once that stops, or at least slows down, do you think it would be a good idea?

3DS games were already designed as handheld experiences, so that aspect would already fit well. Clearly some of the games would need to be reworked to function on only the one screen, but I'm sure that is something Nintendo would be able to get around in many cases

I think 3DS games would also really benefit from a HD face lift, and there would be so many HD Collections they could release:

- Zelda Remake HD Collection (OoT/MM)
- 3DS FE HD Collection

We could also see things like a Bravely Default HD Collection or a Monster Hunter HD Collection if other publishers got on board

So what do you think, Era? Would you like to see this happen? Do you think it will happen?

Aters

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
3DS games generally look like crap. I'm not sure if I want to look at them on a even bigger screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.