• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Both franchises feature monsters, both franchises are from Capcom, and with the upcoming Monster Hunter armor costumes in Street Fighter 5 and since Ryota Niitsuma wasn't involved in MvCI's development and he's a huge Darkstalkers fan, it all makes too much sense, I think that we're getting a new Darkstalkers pretty soon.

Ashgar

Oct 28, 2017
I appreciate the wishful thinking, but I'm not seeing how any of that logically follows.

Darkstalkers has been sort of a money pit for a while. I'd think they'd take a look at the things that actually work out first.

Shadoken

Oct 25, 2017
I think the title should be after the Failure of MvCI , what are the odds of a new Darkstalkers?

Capcom need to get their Fighting game division back in shape. They are doing the right steps with SFV , and Arcsys have proven that even a more niche anime fighter can be very successful if done right.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What does Monster Hunter have to do with Darkstalkers? lol

The more relevant question would be, "With the failure of MvCI, what are the odds of a new Darkstalkers?"

The answer is zero odds.

Ailanthium

Oct 27, 2017
Shitposting at its finest. Perhaps too subtle, though.

Unless I've lost my eye for tomfoolery and this is legit. I sure hope you're not reaching that far.

Oct 25, 2017
What the hell is up with Monster Hunter World, and it supposedly killing and reviving franchises?

The game has been out for what, two weeks? Lol. I don't think you can gauge something coming back after a game is popular for two weeks lol

Emka

Oct 27, 2017
Never forget:

BKQT7r0.jpg

It still hurts.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
I'm having a hard time seeing the connection between the two games?

What does Monster Hunter have to do with Darkstalkers? lol

The more relevant question would be, "With the failure of MvCI, what are the odds of a new Darkstalkers?"

The answer is zero odds.

Yeah, sadly I feel like Capcom dipping back into Darkstalkers would mean that they're desperate which they would've probably been that desperate if not for the success of RE7 and MHW...

Gloomz

Oct 27, 2017
What's with these threads? Does one games success usually precede other random games being revived?

Since Monster Hunter World has done so well, when do you reckon Dino Crisis World is going to get announced? I'm thinking E3 2018.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I would pay top dollar to play as John talban, just don't make it like sf5, just make it a simple fun mid 90's 2-d fighter, some mid air blocking etc etc. $20-$30 game, we don't need v triggers and all that jazz. One super gauge and that's it.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I don't see how anything about Monster Hunter would insinuate Darkstalkers coming back. If Capcom can't even make MvC a success in the age of Marvel, why would they even attempt to bring out their third-string fighting game?

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
People act like MH used to sell peanuts prior to MHW lol.
It was already one of Capcoms biggest IPs before MHW - not every Capcom IP can turn to GTA V because of it.

Bastos

Oct 25, 2017
The weirdest thing about MHW success is that for some it's a surprise.

It's Monster Hunter, not a random new IP.

And Darkstalkers have nothing to do with it. What the hell.

Mega Man Zero

Oct 27, 2017
With MVCI's failure, what are the odds of a new DarkStalkers?

With MHW's success, what are the odds of a new Saturday Night Slam Masters?

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
"Man, with Monster Hunter's success, I think it's really time to bring back a lapsed Capcom property that could be really hot right now..."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah! I mean, they've been updating classics like Resident Evil to completely new styles of gameplay with a classic feel, right? Think about it, they've got the perfect game cooling off in the specimens freezer!"

"Yeah?!"

"DARKSTALKERS!"

Wut.

I would rather have Darkstalkers than Dino Crisis, for the record, and think that even using MHW to make a case for Dino Crisis is a bridge too far, I just want to interject here to point out how many leaps of logic beyond insanity you have gone.

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
With Namco doing Metroid Prime 4 does this mean we might get a new Rolling Thunder?

Both franchises were on the NES and feature shooting.

Kcannon

Oct 30, 2017
You could switch "Monster Hunter" with "Resident Evil" and it would make more sense.

But it would still be nonsensical.

Noctis

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Zero percent, the aesthetics of the game and the animations need to be on point.. and I don't know if capcom would go the extra mile for a series that's it's quite niche.. I would love to be wrong though.

Oct 25, 2017
With Monsters Hunter Worlds success what is the chances for Resident Evil Outbreak.

GIMME A NEW OUTBREAK CO-OP GAME CAPCOM!

Cinemikel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
With the success of Monster Hunter: World, do we have a better chance at getting a new F-Zero?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Zero percent, the aesthetics of the game and the animations need to be on point.. and I don't know if capcom would go the extra mile for a series that's it's quite niche.. I would love to be wrong though.

To make a Darkstalkers game with the kind of visual fidelity we need for a modern game, it would absolutely need to be rated Mature. Nobody is stupid enough to make a Mature-rated niche fighting game.

Mortal Kombat only gets a pass because that shit's 25 years old.

Noctis

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
To make a Darkstalkers game with the kind of visual fidelity we need for a modern game, it would absolutely need to be rated Mature. Nobody is stupid enough to make a Mature-rated niche fighting game.

Mortal Kombat only gets a pass because that shit's 25 years old.
Exactly.

With MVCI's failure and Switch's success, what are the odds of Nintendo vs Capcom?
Nobody but Nintendo fans would want this, with all due respect.

Rubblatus

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Guys, with the success of Monster Hunter World, what are the odds we're gonna get a new Talespin game?

C'mon now. Dragon's Dogma, Deep Down, these are both pretty relevant titles that could ride on the wave that Monster Hunter World made when it came out. The only association people would have with a Darkstalkers game is how much Capcom's last fighting game sucked, and how they'll just wait three years for the Arcade Edition once the community has proven itself to be stable and blah-blah-blah.

Can't believe they depended on a digital only port of a game to decide on the future of a series

Okami is dead because Okamiden didn't sell on the DS. Marvel Vs. Capcom 3's existence is entirely due to Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 blowing up again. We just had another loyalty test with a forty dollar Street Fighter 2 port just last year. This is how Capcom be, broh.

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
Taking a bit of liberties there in the post OP... Not to say that Darkstalkers chances are at zero, but it isn't exactly in the high double digits either... Not to mention that with how SFV is shaping itself up, I'm sure capcom will want to have all hands on deck there rather than focus on a new fighting game (let alone for a certain other fighting game that could be on its way to being dead and buried soon).

Status
Not open for further replies.