Oct 27, 2017
I'd pay full price for Eternal Darkness, never had a Gamecube and I've always been dying to play that

I have the game, and a BC Wii. But once I realized I also needed a NGC controller and a NGC memory card I just couldn't be bothered. I'd love to play the game, but I'm not gonna fork out for a controller and a MC just to play one game that will also look like vaseline and cat poop on a HDTV 😑 So please, Nintendo. Port Eternal Darkness. It's a quick and easy way to diversify your Switch portfolio.

blizzardjesus

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Zelda will prolly have a similar treatment to Mario. Zelda 64+MQ+MM set on switch, Zelda 35, and a zelda 1/2 game and watch.

DarkSora

â–² Legend â–²
Oct 28, 2017
Metroid? Lol

I doubt Nintendo cares that much about Metroid like we do.

But you can definitely count on Zelda!

Aether

Jan 6, 2018
Depending on When BotW 2 is planed and if there is a switch Pro to promote,
i would asume if BotW2 is late 2021 to early 2022, then we could expect some kind of zelda port next spring.
If we get a Switch pro in spring, it is almost shure that it will launch with BotW2, and in that case i would expect zelda ports early 2022.

Metroid prime trilogy? 6-12 months before MP4s release. Late 2021 to mid 2022?

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ehh, I wouldn't say that.

Not only that, but it came out at the tail end of the wii and didn't get the same treatment other cross-gen Zelda games got of getting two versions. It's cross gen console also sold poorly, even if you do backwards compatibility. It also alienated a lot of people with no alternate control scheme, not just people who hate motion controls, but people who can't even use motion controls.

And all discussions about the franchise as a whole, people generally dislike Zelda. It's probably the least favorite of the 3D Zeldas. It's a good game, mind you, but that's not what I'm talking about.

OP
OP
Mantorok

Mantorok

Mar 8, 2018
I mean, everyone's laughing about Nintendo & Metroid, and I might be the only one here but I bought a Switch based purely on that pathetic trailer they did for MP4, they only had to announce it was coming and I instantly pulled out my wallet for a console even though the game was years away.

Was that just me? I mean they must've felt Metroid had pulling power to release only a title-screen trailer?

Oct 25, 2017
Oh I'm pretty sure Nintendo made MPT-HD just to hurt me, to know it's there and never have it

As for Zelda, I'd be pretty pumped for a 3D Allstars type of pack with OoT/MM and maybe one or two more, TP or SS or both.
I think it would be really cool to get the 3DS versions fixed up for Switch but they'll probably just throw some n64 roms on a cart and call it a day.

Hutchie

Oct 27, 2017
nothing for metroid probably! In terms of zelda would love ocarina, majoras mask and wind waker.

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, everyone's laughing about Nintendo & Metroid, and I might be the only one here but I bought a Switch based purely on that pathetic trailer they did for MP4, they only had to announce it was coming and I instantly pulled out my wallet for a console even though the game was years away.

Was that just me? I mean they must've felt Metroid had pulling power to release only a title-screen trailer?
Oh no, it wasn't just you.
I mean there have been plenty of games I have enjoyed on switch, but the inciting moment that decided my purchase? The MP4 teaser.
Prior to that I had said to my girlfriend "switch looks cool but ill hold off for now, maybe if they announce metroid I'll pull the trigger."
I had a switch within a month after that teaser. That's what did it.
I don't regret it, switch has been good to me. But being a metroid fan is pain.

OP
OP
Mantorok

Mantorok

Mar 8, 2018
Oh no, it wasn't just you.
I mean there have been plenty of games I have enjoyed on switch, but the inciting moment that decided my purchase? The MP4 teaser.
Prior to that I had said to my girlfriend "switch looks cool but ill hold off for now, maybe if they announce metroid I'll pull the trigger."
I had a switch within a month after that teaser. That's what did it.
I don't regret it, switch has been good to me. But being a metroid fan is pain.

Yeah that's almost identical to my story, never regretted it, it's one of my favourite Nintendo consoles, it's just the last year and what's on the horizon just doesn't appear to be as good as SMO, BotW and the possibility of MP4.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
A Zelda Collection is probably happening, but no one knows. And even if it happens, no one knows what it's gonna be (OoT+MM or WW+TP or something else).

OP
OP
Mantorok

Mantorok

Mar 8, 2018
I wonder how much of a problem they have with making MP compatible with both docked and handheld? Docked is a no-brainer Wiimote equivalent, but when handheld would it have to revert to the GC control-scheme? But even then, that can't be difficult can it?

Oct 25, 2017
They'd be nuts not to considering how All-Stars sold, especially with Zelda's anniversary next year. I imagine it'll also be a limited time deal, but I do sincerely hope they put a tad bit more love into these than 3D All-Stars. I'm DYING to replay Twilight Princess, so fingers crossed that one is in there.

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck all of those, where the flaming burrito Hell is my HD port of Eternal Darkness, Nintendo?

First, they aren't doing that for an obscure horror title

Second, it deserves and needs a full remake treatment

Third, some of the "effects" rely on playing on the Gamecube and would need them to modify the code to do it I think.

Fourth, where is my Eternal Darkness remaster/remake Nintendo?

Oct 27, 2017
First, they aren't doing that for an obscure horror title

Second, it deserves and needs a full remake treatment

Third, some of the "effects" rely on playing on the Gamecube and would need them to modify the code to do it I think.

Fourth, where is my Eternal Darkness remaster/remake Nintendo?

Listen to this poster, Nintendo. Where's Eternal Darkness? Stuck between Miyamoto's sofa cushions or something?

Efejota

Mar 13, 2018
The zelda debate has been talked about before, but now that you mention Metroid, would it be possible to do a rework of Other M that felt a bit more open? Basically keep the story mostly the same with warts and all, but let you visit areas beforehand and have them be blocked by gameplay, not just a closed elevator or Adam giving you permission.
I remember the 3D Ninja Gaiden games had some questionable decisions that were fixed with Director's Cut releases, so I was thinking about something in those lines.

If not, at least having a joystick should make the game better by default.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
My guess is that for Metroid it'll happen in the year Prime 4 comes out. I'm more inclined to believe that BOTW2 is coming next year than Prime 4. Also, I fully believe the Prime Trilogy remaster has been done for awhile and they've been sitting on it. I would also expect a similarly low effort collection but perhaps higher effort than the 3D Mario collection.
Best case scenario for Prime Trilogy: the individual Wii versions are used as the basis for each game in this remaster collection and not the lower fidelity Prime Trilogy collection versions. Also best case scenario, the collection includes a boatload of control schemes.

OP
OP
Mantorok

Mantorok

Mar 8, 2018
You mean it's stuck in Mario's ass? 😳

It's not bad on Dolphin, runs smooth too:
ed-dolphin.jpg

Marmoka

Oct 27, 2017
I expect MPT running from an emulator like SM3DAS. No graphical improvement as I expected one year ago.

About Zelda, Wii U ports of GCN games in the first half, and BotW 2 as a holiday game.

Aether

Jan 6, 2018
Yeah that's almost identical to my story, never regretted it, it's one of my favourite Nintendo consoles, it's just the last year and what's on the horizon just doesn't appear to be as good as SMO, BotW and the possibility of MP4.

BotW2, MP4, Bayonetta 3, SMT5, Octopath Travler 2, Silksong... there are at least 6 games that have potential to be Game of the decade for me.

But currently... nothign since last september that flashes me. Its really a loooong dry spot for me.
Not that i havent played games, i had my first playthrough of ori, axiom verge, replayed a ton of games (games i expected to have on the switch by now, GBA, ...).
But yeah, people here want ports of games we had ofthen already, while i was hoping for games that are new, or at least ports of games that are further away (ok, i just want the GBA library on switch)

Vampirolol

Dec 13, 2017
Zelda absolutely, Metroid maybe. They are spending money on MP4 and supposedly on something else so they may as well capitalize on the anniversary thing.