• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 7, 2020
with year over and the last of us part 2 sweeping every award, isn't shocking i know, that was pretty much expected.
looking back it has been pretty amazing 7 years. some bumpy rides with ps4 have no games, indiestation (ugh i hate this one)
but the most impressive thing is able to release such high-quality titles throughout the years and win all these awards, which isn't easy btw but we pretty much take for granted.
and they might win next year as well with GOW 2.

2020-12-31.png

anyway, congrats to Sony, and i hope they don't lose the touch

tenor.gif

Deleted member 420

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Drive-by posting, Platform Warring; Multiple prior bans for similar behavior
This sucks and I hate it. BOTW2 save us.

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
User Banned (1 week): Drive-by trolling; previous bans for trolling TLOU2-related threads
Mmm... okay?

AzerPhire

Oct 25, 2017
They have a formula and they know it works. Let's see if it stays winning for them or if it starts to get stale. Then again we are on our 20 something Call of Duty and Assassins Creed and people are not bored of those yet.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017

tutomos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
4 out of the last 5 GOTY are published by SIE. I don't think the feat can be repeated again.

Cosmo Kramer

Prophet of Regret - Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
México
Deserved, they have some amazing studios and their production values alone are above pretty much everyone else. Playing a couple of hours of AC: Valhalla made me apreciate games like Tlou and GoW even more, i just can't get into games with poor animations for example, i just can't.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
Deserved, they have some amazing studios and their production values alone are above pretty much everyone else. Playing a couple of hours of AC: Valhalla made me apreciate games like Tlou and GoW even more, i just can't get into games with poor animations for example, i just can't.

I liked Valhalla more than GoW and GoT, but TLOU II is significantly ahead of anything Valhalla tried to do.

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
Wow. Based on what I'd seen around here I thought it was much closer between Hades and Last of Us part 2.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
I'm not sure I'm happy about this. Sony has basically become the kings of the industry and lapped up tons of GOTY awards by making games that are essentially movies. A lot of time with the Last of Us 2 I felt like I was playing a movie where I kept going from place to place and from story segment to story segment. Almost everything they do now is a story-driven action-adventure. Not that that's BAD, persay, but there's very little variety coming from them. That's part of why I personally preferred Ghost of Tsushima, which while being a story-driven action adventure was at least open-world, but I digress.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
I am skeptical that Death Stranding won that many awards. According to Wikipedia it won 0 awards from major publications, even. The 2019 awards were largely split between Sekiro, RE2, Disco Elysium, Control, and... Untitled Goose Game.

What even is this thread? What is your source?
Congrats to ND, now make something less depressing please.
Please no, keep up the grimdark

ItchyTasty

Feb 3, 2019
2021 looks to be a great year for Sony too, won't surprise me if one of their games receive GOTY awards next year too.

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
I'm not sure I'm happy about this. Sony has basically become the kings of the industry and lapped up tons of GOTY awards by making games that are essentially movies. A lot of time with the Last of Us 2 I felt like I was playing a movie where I kept going from place to place and from story segment to story segment. Almost everything they do now is a story-driven action-adventure. Not that that's BAD, persay,
but there's very little variety coming from them. That's part of why I personally preferred Ghost of Tsushima, but I digress which while being a story-driven action adventure was at least open-world.
I agree with this person.

SykoTech

Dec 23, 2020
Huh...I was under the impression RE2 took last year. Good to know, I guess.

Anyways, good chance for a 4-peat I think. Horizon, God of War, maybe even Ratchet & Clank.

....of who am I kidding. The bias against non-Mario mascot platformer games isn't going to allow for that.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure I'm happy about this. Sony has basically become the kings of the industry and lapped up tons of GOTY awards by making games that are essentially movies.

Not this shit again. TLoU has great gameplay and a lot of it and besides, they're also publishing titles like Dreams, Demon's Souls, Astro Bot and Returnal.

Returnal gonna make it 4 in a row next year. ✌

Would be awesome. I have high hopes for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.