• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Now that the remastered are out and the 25th anniversary was a dud but the producer said some stuff is coming and all. So I had to ask and all, are you expecting anything from this year?

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
Going in with low expectations, teases of Persona 6 and then maybe either modern ports of some of the spinoffs. Atlus is so weird it's hard to predict them anymore.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
In 2023? Probably some kind of Persona lunchbox or something and if we're lucky, a trailer for Persona 6. That's the ceiling, though.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
Them bucking the trend of having big announcements at their last concert was such a bummer. That was like the only place where you could reliably expect big announcements for the franchise for so long, and not even that is reliable anymore, lmao.

But a P6 tease at the very least is what I hope for, I guess. Gotta aim low.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Persona 1 Portable Remaster

Persona 2 Duology Collection

Persona 3 Remake

Persona 6

Persona Q Collection

So in other words....nothin.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
I am looking forward to the winter 2014 release of both Persona 6 and Persona 3 remake.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
It's been a few weeks since 3,4 or 5 have been released again. Seems like we're overdue.

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
At bare minimum, probably Persona Dancing: Endless Night Collection getting ports on Xbox Series X/S, PS5, Switch and Steam/PC. Either that, or Persona 5 Strikers also getting a PS5 upgrade. I'm not even expecting ports of earlier Personas or anything for Persona 6.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
idk with atlus anymore. they dont have a concert this year do they? i do think p6 will get announced beforw refantasy gets re introduced

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
All the rumors here about P3 Remake better be fucking true. If not…. I'm going to complain on the internet!

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
I know there's rumors but my expectations for this year are low. Maybe an announcement of the P3 remake if it's real. Curious who is directing whatever is upcoming.

But really just fucking show Re Fantasy already...

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
Absolute zero chance 6 releases this year. It was delayed internally just yesterday and there is a rough timeframe but can't share, sorry.

Could be to release remake first or the other game but I'm not privy to that info. If the teaser is at Sony's next show, I'll know beforehand and confirm.
Atlus has to have something big this year besides Etrain Ody collection. Something.

Homura

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Aug 20, 2019
Absolute zero chance 6 releases this year. It was delayed internally just yesterday and there is a rough timeframe but can't share, sorry.

Could be to release remake first or the other game but I'm not privy to that info. If the teaser is at Sony's next show, I'll know beforehand and confirm.
I just want to say this is the kind of fresh information imo you shouldn't share.
For your job's safety, I mean.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017

....Damn, what on earth, Atlus.

Obv. Covid is playing a role in the delay, but at this point it's gonna approach, if not exceed, the same 8-year distance as P4-->P5.

I suppose a delay of that nature would explain the sudden yanking of any announcement from the music concert.

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
....Damn, what on earth, Atlus.

Obv. Covid is playing a role in the delay, but at this point it's gonna approach, if not exceed, the same 8-year distance as P4-->P5.

I suppose a delay of that nature would explain the sudden yanking of any announcement from the music concert.
I know the wait for Persona 6 is hard but they really should take all the time they need to get this right. There's VARIOUS issues and problems they need to address and handle for Persona 6 and that's coming from a big Persona fan.

BeefTengoku

Jul 9, 2019
I feel like Atlus learned a lesson from P5's announcement, and we won't get a P6 announcement until they're absolutely certain it'll ship within a year.

I know the wait for Persona 6 is hard but they really should take all the time they need to get this right. There's VARIOUS issues and problems they need to address and handle for Persona 6 and that's coming from a big Persona fan.

...We're going to find out that they delayed it so they could work some more anti-gay stuff in there, aren't we?

I'm Kira :)

Jan 23, 2023

Would you like to retract your 3 Additional Persona games in 2023-2024 statement then?

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada

P6 could get a lot of mileage by building upon the Social Link/Confidant System, by providing fixes to it's very obvious flaws. Some characters (like Tae Takemi) had provided Joker incomparable levels of utility that made them essential to befriend, while others (like Ichiko's) wasn't worth the time and investment to unlock those abilities. There were also certain characters, who's character development didn't really tie into the game's plot without making them feel like scripted friendships.

I also have some beef with the modern Persona games making the cast's lives revolve around the MC, rather than how the Persona 2 games ('Innocent Sin' & 'Eternal Punishment') did it where the world doesn't revolve around Tatsyua or Maya, so it allowed the cast of those games get proper character development outside of the dungeons.

Absolute zero chance 6 releases this year. It was delayed internally just yesterday and there is a rough time-frame but can't share, sorry.

My guess is they probably want to avoid what happened with Persona 5, which originally had a targeted release date but was delayed back-to-back. I'd be more shocked if we got a proper trailer for Persona 6, rather than a short teaser.

Still, thank you for providing an update whenever you can. It's much appreciated.

SlyShinobi

Dec 3, 2018
I feel like Atlus learned a lesson from P5's announcement, and we won't get a P6 announcement until they're absolutely certain it'll ship within a year.

...We're going to find out that they delayed it so they could work some more anti-gay stuff in there, aren't we?
No, they want to stretch out the hot spring scene with more sexual harassment.

TheElderKing

Jul 31, 2020
I wasn't expecting P6 to be released this time already, although I do wonder how much it's going to be delayed if the rumoured P3 remake actually happens. I don't see them releasing both games in the same year, and I don't know if they'd release the remake the same year as the remaster.

If the remake is real, I think at best we're going to get a teaser for P6 this year.

Marmoka

Oct 27, 2017
I can imagine an announcement date for new info about Persona 6 or the 3 remake that turns out to be a 2 hour-long video with just another announcement trailer. They have done this in the past, they are Atlus, they can do it again.

I expect the Persona Revelations and Persona 2 Duology ports after summer. They need to adapt them from PSP into the modern platforms, I suppose they will make use of AI upscalers again. Apart of that they need to localize all 3 games into different languages that are not English, and that takes time. Oh, and they need to completely localize Eternal Punishment into English, do the voice recordings,... They have plenty of work to do.

In the case of Persona 4 Golden and P3P, they just had to adapt both games into modern consoles, and localize P3P in many languages. I can imagine they need more time to work on the remining 3 games of the franchise.

Mr. Genuine

Mar 23, 2018
I expect the Persona Revelations and Persona 2 Duology ports after summer.

Are you.. dropping some news here? Or are you hope posting?

edit: nvm I read "Persona Revelations" as "Persona 3 Revelations" implying you knew about a subtitle for the P3 remake. I'm very tired.

Last edited:

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
I never expected P6 to come out this year anyway, would be nice to get the P3 remake though (if that's real).

Mocha Joe

Jun 2, 2021
Atlus still has plenty of older games to remaster to chip away at. We are getting Etrian Odyssey 1-3 this spring.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
It's Atlus, so all I'm expecting from them is more poorly done remasters, remasters at full price, and day 1 paid DLCs of content that should've been in the main game.

Oct 26, 2017
My one hope is the trio of Dancing games gets Switch ports. Surely those are on the table, as obviously doing them before the main games would've been iffy, so now they have no excuse! :P Plus the Etrian collection maybe means they can do similar remasters of Persona Q 1 ad 2.