• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 10981

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 24, 2022

View: https://twitter.com/persona_central/status/1578701215579283456?s=46&t=6KgsxRnpIKID7RKoDdoB_w

man.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
It really makes no sense to have this announcement taking a new spot, so my new headcanon is that their original plans collapsed and had to keep their word for a final announcement lol

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
Even by Atlus standards the way they built up to these announcements is fucking awful.

It really makes no sense to have this announcement taking a new spot, so my new headcanon is that their original plans collapsed and had to keep their word for a final announcement lol
It's possible. There being no game announcements at the concert where there's usually game announcements that just so happens to line up with what the final big announcement on the website was going to be is... suspicious, at the very least.
But Atlus is also known for making big deals out of nothing when it comes to marketing so... who really knows.

Dot-N-Run

Oct 27, 2017
Why did they even present these announcements as some long multi-month thing?

Oh right, because they are Atlus.

Nama

A Big Deal
Nov 2, 2017
I hate that the best case scenario is that P6 was planned to be announced and that something went horribly wrong to delay it.

Dinoegg_96

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
So the announcement of the ports and the announcement of the release date for said ports count as different reveals??? Lol

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
So ridiculous that the last announcement was literally a release date, at least be something new

Atlus sucks

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
Why did they even present these announcements as some long multi-month thing?

Oh right, because they are Atlus.
It's hard to tell whether the marketing team at Atlus merely is tone deaf and doesn't understand the kind of expectations they built up or if they for some reason actively enjoy trolling their fans.

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
Happy anniversary.

Bet y'all who were joking about the next announcement only being something like merch feel mighty silly at the moment.

Burly

Oct 25, 2017
Some fans released an English patch of P2: Eternal Punishment for the PSP.

So I guess that's something.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
I'm just happy that we got P3, P4 and P5 on pretty much all modern platforms now.

Now all that needs to be done is somehow P1 and both of the P2 games get remastered or ported over.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
they played persona 1 and 2 music at the concert last night and we cant even ports of those lol

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
It finished today with the live concert.
It was announced as a year-long event starting last September. Why it needed a full year will forever be a mystery.

https://atlus.com/persona25th/
That explains why I kept sawing that Anniversary thread pop up from time to time. I never bothered to check since I figured any big announcements would get their own thread anyway. And there never were any.

Well... RIP to everyone waiting for today's concert in hopes of a big reveal. Not that release dates aren't nice, but... yeah.

Deluxera

Mar 13, 2020
"To celebrate the anniversary of our most important franchise, here's the release date of ports for 15 year-old game we already announced months ago"

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I've been making fun of the Persona Anniversary Project since the beginning because I knew they would fill a bunch of slots with useless announcements and Japan-only stuff nobody is ever going to see, but man, there's something just effortlessly pathetic about capping off the whole thing with the release dates of a pair of already-announced remasters.

Like they knew they would get a ton of free marketing for this shit and just leaned into it as much as possible.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Persona 6 is 4+ years away…like the very end of this gen is my guess. bummer

It definitely won't be that far away. Probably 2024 with ReFantasy being Atlus's big 2023 game. That would give it 4/5 years if they only started after P5R.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
My love for Atlus continues to wane over time. From shitty practices to the whole way they handled this anniversary project. Hooray for a port of the portable version of Persona 3 though.

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
This kind of anniversary style is pretty common in Japan for things. People always complain that companies ignore xxx anniversary, but I guess they mean they want a new game every 5 years.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
When they said they were gonna have all those announcements, I instantly thought I should not keep up with each one because they're sure to disappoint... yeah

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes I cope with Soul Hackers 2's sales numbers by going "man there's no way Atlus put a game out with a $5 budget and actually thought it was going to become the Third Pillar" and then I see how they act with their golden goose.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
can't wait for a random stream next year that somehow ends up being the announcement of the next Persona game

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Something fuckin real annoying about this shit. Like fuck just stop with these announcements you do all the fuckin time. Treating announcements of previously announced ports as some big thing? Fuck off.

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
i mean, persona 5 came out 6 years ago (in japan) in 2016. people are thirsty. we've gotten spinoffs but people kinda wanna move on

it was like what 8 years between persona 4 and 5? and Atlus has been making other games. plus, you had some of the Persona people move on to their new IP. so they likely have to transition into having someone else run it, like they did SMT.

you can't have sequels to every IP and also have new IPs. not in 2022.

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
Some fans released an English patch of P2: Eternal Punishment for the PSP.

So I guess that's something.
how can you release a patch for a game that d̴̢̈́ȯ̸̖̀e̷̹̓s̷̼̆̔͝n̸̺͖̟̄'̴̨̾t̸͍͑̈́̕ ̷̟̠̬͑e̵͙̓ẍ̶̞̠ȉ̶̧̹͕̑s̵̙̱̀̊̈́t̶͓͛̀?

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
I've been making fun of the Persona Anniversary Project since the beginning because I knew they would fill a bunch of slots with useless announcements and Japan-only stuff nobody is ever going to see, but man, there's something just effortlessly pathetic about capping off the whole thing with the release dates of a pair of already-announced remasters.

Like they knew they would get a ton of free marketing for this shit and just leaned into it as much as possible.
It's quite masterful IMO. Like they managed to top the Platinum 4 in terms of utter nothingness.