• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
The latest rumors say that the Lockhart (Series S) would have a traditional and flat design.

So it would give:

Name: XBOX

Premium model: Series X (with PC tower design that shows the power)

normal model: Series S (with more traditional design, accessible for all)

I don't see any wrong, if he removes the xbox one models from the market and do aggressive marketing with Game Pass, I do not think there will be huge confusion imo.

Thought ?

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Once the Xbox One is phased out, I can see it looking more like a traditional console for the Lockhart version. I do wonder where it will sit with the 1X around too. Seems too early to shelve the 1X.

TolerLive

Senior Lighting Artist
Verified
Nov 15, 2017
Redmond, WA
Once the Xbox One is phased out, I can see it looking more like a traditional console for the Lockhart version. I do wonder where it will sit with the 1X around too. Seems too early to shelve the 1X.
Wont the Lockhart at 299 be the same price as a one x? Why wouldnt they discontinue the one x?

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
Would immediately let you know which one is more powerful. And more importantly, stop grandma and from reading some of the threads on here some Resetera posters from getting confused in store.

Nov 11, 2017
Would immediately let you know which one is more powerful. And more importantly, stop grandma and from reading some of the threads on here some Resetera posters from getting confused in store.
Rihjt Grandma/Grandpa have no problem picking what Cadillac the best out of 10 models but somehow with xbox they go brain dead

Typhoon20

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Isn't the reason MS went with that tower design because it's the best way for them to achieve the power ? Can you even achieve that type of power with a normal console design ? Without any compromises ? Which is why I thought they would do series X uncompromised for the hardcore fans who are willing to pay for power and release the series S much cheaper in a traditional design for the casuals. It's a win win situation imo.

If Sony can match or surpass the series X with a traditional design... major L for xbox though.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Im down with that, makes sense but im also all for the current Series X design on everything I also agree rhat quickly moving the remaining xbox ones off the shelves is extremely important if they want lockhart to succeed, ideally theyd be gone just before lockhart release. Plus it needs a $299 price.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Im down woth that, makes sense. I also agree rhat quickly moving the remaining xbox ones off the shelves is extremely important if they want lockhart to succeed, ideally theyd be gone just before lockhart release
Dont think it needs to right away. People who pay this price at launch are alot more in the known. Ones the "casual" come in because of the price point. The S and X are long gone.
If a "casual" comes in the store now the new xbox wont be a option for them also because of the price

gaogaogao

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really dont like the idea of starting with the fast console and then making a slower one in such close proximity.
much prefer if they would just wait until they price drop the launch console to make another one.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Isn't the reason MS went with that tower design because it's the best way for them to achieve the power ? Can you even achieve that type of power with a normal console design ? Without any compromises ? Which is why I thought they would do series X uncompromised for the hardcore fans who are willing to pay for power and release the series S much cheaper in a traditional design for the casuals. It's a win win situation imo.

If Sony can match or surpass the series X with a traditional design... major L for xbox though.
The design they have gone for certainly gives them more room to engineer tech in their systems, without having to squash everything into a small and flat for factor. Tbh, until we get a look into the case and see the system, everything is unknown. After the 1X, I cannot see them doing anything less that excellent engineering, so we should expect super quiet running at a minimum.

BitsandBytes

Dec 16, 2017
Could it also be round as opposed to rectangle/square like One S/X? Making it look different given the Series S name might be important?

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Am I the only one who thinks the Series X looks super dope, and that this "confusion" around its name is really overstated?

Khrol

Oct 28, 2017
Am I the only one who thinks the Series X looks super dope, and that this "confusion" around its name is really overstated?
Nope. Console looks great for an enthusiast. The name controversy is just noise. Once the consoles are out everyone will just call it Xbox, which is exactly what happened with the Xbox One.