• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Matt Salsamendi, co-founder of Mixer hast just announced leaving Microsoft. He's going to change his career to work on lasers for EDM festivals.

The other co-founder left a couple of days ago. Announcing he was joining GamerGoo (among other things)

It seems the big shuffle ahead of next gen is really starting now.

Justsomeguy

Oct 27, 2017
UK
What's the betting their golden handcuffs just expired and now they just want to have fun on a pile of cash?

Dixie Flatline

alt account
Banned
Sep 4, 2019
New Orleans
Seems like both of them are leaving in good faith. I think they just want to move on with their careers instead of being stuck with Mixer projects.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Honestly depending on how much they got paid, I'd retire. Doubt there needed in regards to company management with Microsoft at the helm

Bizzquik

Chicken Chaser
Nov 5, 2017
Yes, they fulfilled their contractually-obligated stint at Microsoft to make sure the ship they sold stayed afloat - and now they are on to the next phase of their life.
I wonder how long they had been counting the days....

Whatever one feels about its intense inclusion in the Microsoft ecosystem - from a technology perspective - Beam/Mixer has come a long ways, at least. That must be a good feeling. (I have zero problems with Mixer.)

IBetUHav

Oct 27, 2017
This happens fairly often when a company is acquired. Not necessarily a sign of bad things to come

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Their deal to stay on after the acquisition probably just ended, that's all. They're rich now -- I'd leave too. Not really anything to read into. It's not like Mixer was a revolutionary product that needs these visionaries to excel

Oct 27, 2017
Jesus, couldn't even imagine willingly putting lotion on my hands then touching a controller.
It's not lotion at all. My local Micro Center had a leaking bottle and I tried it, the plus side is it feels like all the greasiness literally being vaporized from your hands. On the negative side it leaves your hands drier than is actually comfortable if you're not careful with how much you pour out, it runs very easily and you risk your hands feeling ashy after using too much. Someone left it open at the checkout line and I am not sorry at all for whoever thought they'd be getting a free sample of lotion.

Het_Nkik

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It's not lotion at all. My local Micro Center had a leaking bottle and I tried it, the plus side is it feels like all the greasiness literally being vaporized from your hands. On the negative side it leaves your hands drier than is actually comfortable if you're not careful with how much you pour out, it runs very easily and you risk your hands feeling ashy after using too much. Someone left it open at the checkout line and I am not sorry at all for whoever thought they'd be getting a free sample of lotion.
Oh, well then maybe that's great. I like my hands dry as fuuuuuck when I play games. (Not joking.)

woodland

Oct 25, 2017
What's the betting their golden handcuffs just expired and now they just want to have fun on a pile of cash?

Was just about to say there's a 95% chance their options vested and they're not pursuing nice c-suite rolls at smaller companies where they'll matter more. Cool for both MS and them that they've had success over the years.

Buff Beefbroth

Chicken Chaser
Apr 12, 2018
Mixer is surprisingly competent and in my experience works better than Twitch. I'm not really into streaming at all but even I can recognize its quality. I hope this isn't a bad sign for the service.