• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not so sure, if that were the case I'd expect "Omega Force" to get credited directly. I think it's more likely this is the ROTK/Nobunaga team.

We also know the Director/Team Ninja portion of the FEW team made MUA3.

On the engine front though don't Gust use the Musou engine as well?

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Probably. Yokota stated that the KT team working on this game specializes in strategy games.
Oh, I didn't know that. Pretty conclusive then.

We also know the Director/Team Ninja portion of the FEW team made MUA3.

On the engine front though don't Gust use the Musou engine as well?
They do but likewise I'd expect Gust to be credited directly if they were the ones involved. Same for Ruby Party or Team Ninja.

Since it's just "Koei Tecmo" it's likely Kou Shibusawa, which is a division that doesn't seem to get credited by brand as much. Maybe because it's the core "old Koei" team?

Jan 2, 2018
So they didn't change their internal plans to make Awakening more palatable for the west, and their solution to that was "FUCK IT LET'S GO FULL CREEP!" for the next one.

Priorities, IntSys. Priorities. You need to get some priorities.

But Fates was a success. If you look at reviews and sales figures they did the right thing. And I think this growth will continue with Three Houses.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"....we didn't make any change to our philosophy to make Awakening be liked outside Japan."

Dude answers his own question.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo should take this partnership with Koei and add Royal Blood/Gemfire to NES Online.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
should've asked the paper mario team about HD graphics tho >_>
Color Splace was probably their older engine with a new lighting engine bolted on and can't really take on proper HD development. it wouldn't surprise me if they teamed with KT while theyer own engine is being built

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
Probably. Yokota stated that the KT team working on this game specializes in strategy games.

They should go back to making more strategy games. I know Koei still makes Nobunaga and ROTK, but this isn't the Koei that also makes Inindo Way of the Ninja, Gemfire, Aerobiz Super Sonic, or Uncharted Waters. Hell, Koei ported Civilization to the SNES. That was my first exposure to it.

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
In an old interview, Iwata stated that that was Nintendo's way of getting in touch with the japanese game dev industry, which at the time was shrinking, so by contracting other studios, they would speed up their HD development and avoid fellow companies to go broke by paying for their talent.
Oh, that's interesting. Do you have a link?

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
They should go back to making more strategy games. I know Koei still makes Nobunaga and ROTK, but this isn't the Koei that also makes Inindo Way of the Ninja, Gemfire, Aerobiz Super Sonic, or Uncharted Waters. Hell, Koei ported Civilization to the SNES. That was my first exposure to it.
Their Yo-Kai Watch SRPGs are great (original on 3DS, sequel on mobile), and I enjoyed Godseekers a fair bit too.

Also, just to push back against the 'KT + Nintendo best buds' thing... KT is seemingly best buds with everyone. They've made multiple games for SE, Bamco, NIS, Level-5, etc.

Last edited:

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
"....we didn't make any change to our philosophy to make Awakening be liked outside Japan."

Dude answers his own question.
It's not that simple.

Previous Fire Emblem games released in the west weren't exactly big sellers, and aside from small adjustments here and there were generally the same as the Japanese releases. The series had declined in sales overall for years, and Shadow Dragon on the DS bombed so hard internationally that they didn't bother localizing New Mystery of the Emblem.