• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
Seriously?

The trailers are shocking, but didn't I hear it was predicted for a Cats style loss?
Maybe I'm forgetting something but I don't think Stewart has ever been in a hit film outside Twilight, and those weren't successful because of her star power, they were popular books that became a cultural phenomenon.

edit: oh wait, maybe that Snow White movie counts?

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Underwater is basically all profit from Disney's perspective. I doubt they factored its worth into the Fox purchase. Same with New Mutants.

Deleted member 16452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like Frozen II will finish in the 1.4 billion range. "Show Yourself." Her power. Elsa stays winning!

j0h63W8.jpg

Elsa-Frozen-2-2019-frozen-43050304-540-265.gif

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I got bored and created some Dolittle avatars since I dunno, if ERA needs a bet or if anyone wants any of these goofy faces. Feel like you can make something

jzi6t84.png

Jvwgf94.png

knD8tVK.png

dGCC9Uf.png

ZopJzsc.png

VxqxSEw.png

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Shame about Underwater, we need more creature features

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
If I see Bad Boys 3 opening weekend AMC will give me downloads of Bad Boys 1, 2, and the soundtrack. They're literally bribing me to watch it. Way to have faith in your movie. lol

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
I liked underwater and thought Stewart did a fantastic acting job.

the movie is pretty much a nonstop thriller start to end

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
The Rise of Skywalker has a real shot of matching it's 20 year old older sibling The Phantom Menace. Thats kinda poetic and pathetic at the same time.

Still a billion is a lot of fucking money.

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
I think the decision was taken months ago. His answers on the Knives Out press tour were very telling.

There's no evidence that there has been any change in the status of his movies and his answers on the Knives Out press tour back that up. And in the middle of the press tour, his production company added several former Lucasfilm producers.

Maybe I'm forgetting something but I don't think Stewart has ever been in a hit film outside Twilight, and those weren't successful because of her star power, they were popular books that became a cultural phenomenon.

edit: oh wait, maybe that Snow White movie counts?

She was in Panic Room. It made nearly $200 million on a $48 million budget. Jodie Foster was the main star in that movie, though.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
1 billion next week.

Excellent.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
I think the decision was taken months ago. His answers on the Knives Out press tour were very telling.

even his answers mean what you're assuming(they don't), it would not be the first time Disney and one of its brands went back to a director(see James Gunn And that was a public breakup)

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
I'd be shocked if Disney doesn't hire him for another film.
I'm willing to bet his trilogy has been indefinitely delayed at this point. The fact we are already seeing talk of a sequel to knives out should worry anyone that Star Wars and Rian Johnson isn't a sure bet at this point. He's also been very quiet about Star Wars and his answers have been very vague.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
I don't think it has anything to do with controversy I just think Disney took whatever movie plans they had and threw them him the trash as part of a course correction.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like whatever went down between Rian and Disney/SW is similar to the Affleck/Batman situation where both parties mutually agree to part ways

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Prepare to be shocked. Unfortunately Disney seems to take the vocal minority on the internet very seriously. They will not want the controversy of bringing Rian Johnson back.
Disney makes their decisions based off Era and the Fandom Menace...

Seriously, with how public their departures have been, if he was off we would've heard of it by now. Not to mention the backlash of firing RIan would be immense, far more than whatever backlash he has now. He, like James Gunn is well respected by Hollywood and the press, and it's in Disney's best interest to avoid that again, especially over an even stupider reason. Rian delivered a smooth production that was critically acclaimed and made a ton of money. It's the only Star Wars movie to have all three since the Disney buyout. Why wouldn't they keep Rian?

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
I just lurk these threads mostly but y'all's obsession with Rian Johnson is weird.

Fwiw I'd ather him do more original stuff than Star Wars, but that's the same with any talented artist working on a Disney property.

Status
Not open for further replies.