• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Memento is great but I don't particularly enjoy rewatching it.

Insomnia is super underrated. I love Robin Williams so much in it.
I argue Memento and Dunkirk are his best films.

Tho The Prestige is the best in terms of re-playability. My issues with Prestige is some of the editing really takes me out of it and Scarlet Johansson is pretty meh in the role.

But I say his 3 best films are Memento, Prestige and Dunkirk.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Snyder keeps going on social media and telling people that the Snyder Cut is not only real, but basically done and he just needs some more money from WB to finish it, which leads his fanbase to endlessly harass WB about it.

They're not working with him again.
Weren't they giving him a blank check to adapt The Fountainhead before he dove into the Snyder Cut madness?

Oct 25, 2017
Depending on where you fall on Blackkklansman, you have to give it some credit since it did inspire Nolan to cast his first black lead/protagonist

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of pieces of cinema that's going to lose money.

What's the expectations for this next week?

images

Reminder, Universal thought Cats was better suited for Christmas than this was.

It will do little.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
the prestige (2006)

www.youtube.com

To Be

A musical cartoon about the nature of life, morality and teleportation.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
I would be excited apart from MCU stans shitting on his trilogy. 3 I will happily admit is a mess but the seething hatred for 1 and 2 feels like it came out of nowhere.

As an 'MCU stan' (in that I very much enjoy Marvel Studios' output so far) I am also a big fan of Raimi's Spider-man 1 and 2 but I don't agree at all with the opinion that Raimi's films are better than some of the MCU's finest. They were fantastic for their time but a lot of their elements don't hold up in 2020.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Snyder keeps going on social media and telling people that the Snyder Cut is not only real, but basically done and he just needs some more money from WB to finish it, which leads his fanbase to endlessly harass WB about it.

Gee it's almost like Snyder doesn't care and is stirring the hornets nest because the fans that do odd stuff like fly #SnyderCut banners over the WB lot as well as #SnyderCut ad campaigns during ComicCon. Are the same ones that host campaigns and fundraisers for a suicide awareness charity. Can't imagine why the man would want to signal boost people like that no sir.

Zygnosis

Banned
Dec 1, 2017

Wasn't there some news that the Snyder Cut's CGI cost would be something like 100 million dollars, so there's no way WB will fund it, bacause the movie tanked already.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
I would be excited apart from MCU stans shitting on his trilogy. 3 I will happily admit is a mess but the seething hatred for 1 and 2 feels like it came out of nowhere.

MCU stans en masse don't shit on 1 and 2. Its generally agreed that the trilogy was a fun take on the character from a great film maker but not the definitive version. The 'seething hatred' aka annoyance comes from people bringing up the Raimi trilogy as if its the Old Testament and any new film with a different take from their childhood is sacrilegious.

Imagine if the Robert Pattinson Batman movies are well reviewed/liked but the bulk of the discourse was " in the Burton movies Alfred wouldn't do that." Or " the last movie showed Bruce's parents get killed in crime alley. If we don't see it on screen or Bruce doesn't do a monologue how will know his motivations?"

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
The main argument I always see against the Raimi films is basically ""not my Spiderman" which is pretty much the most boring and meaningless criticism you can find.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gotta say, least happy billion dollar movie I've seen.

I'm just kinda like "well now what?"

Oct 31, 2017
I just lurk these threads mostly but y'all's obsession with Rian Johnson is weird.

Fwiw I'd ather him do more original stuff than Star Wars, but that's the same with any talented artist working on a Disney property.

Star Wars is a great property and world and I'd love to see more talented developers work on it.

Like, I love that Christopher Nolan works on original films like Memento, Inception and Tenet. But having his mind on Batman was a thrill for the ages. Rian Johnson is young; he has plenty of time to continue to do original movies as well.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
Star Wars is a great property and world and I'd love to see more talented developers work on it.

Like, I love that Christopher Nolan works on original films like Memento, Inception and Tenet. But having his mind on Batman was a thrill for the ages. Rian Johnson is young; he has plenty of time to continue to do original movies as well.

Chris Nolan on Star Wars would be a trip.

Oct 31, 2017
Disney bought Lucasfilm after many years of "childhood-ruining" controversy and rhetoric. They then allowed a non-canon Lego animated show to be produced, one where Palpatine was the standout funny-man character.

So basically, anything is possible.

It's poetry. It rhymes.

Lucas made three movies that were not really good in the prequels. The childhood ruining hyperbole was unfortunate and immature from a bunch of adults. I got two great sequels out of Disney, so I'm quite happy with it and am really looking forward to seeing what's next.

I think some just need to come to grips with the fact that if they're looking for a repeat of the OT, just watch the OT. Things change, new Star Wars media will be created, and if you don't like a new movie, it shouldn't ruin the others for you.

I do think it would be healthy for Star Wars to shave off the toxic fans. They're not needed.

I argue Memento and Dunkirk are his best films.

Tho The Prestige is the best in terms of re-playability. My issues with Prestige is some of the editing really takes me out of it and Scarlet Johansson is pretty meh in the role.

But I say his 3 best films are Memento, Prestige and Dunkirk.

Memento is the one I've replayed the most. I lost track of how many times I've watched it, but it's been far more than The Prestige. It's a marvel of a movie in so many ways and one of my favorite movies to introduce to people.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Saw Marriage Story.

It's really good, and Adam and ScarJo are amazing in it.

That's all.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'll be honest and say that Dolittle totally has that air around it of a film everyone's writing of before release because they didn't like how it looks in previews, but that'll somehow end up with a RT in the 75-80% range.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017

He also has a first look deal with them and is still producing DC films.

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
Watch out! Next week we will probably see Endgame start it's Oscar bump run at theaters for it...
Checks notes
Single nomination. For visual effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.