• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VinylCassette64

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
giphy.gif

Thanks for this gif, I was seriously considering watching it after it left theaters since they have pulled back on showings. There's no way I can miss this now, even if it takes a full price ticket.

There couldn't had been a more apt film to bring that meme back for. Bravo!

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
One can only hope with all the 1917 love going around more IMAX theaters will show it this weekend instead of waiting until the 24th.

IMO it says a lot the one close to me still hasn't decided on showing Bad Boys, Dolitttle, or both this weekend.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
RT Scores war, what comes on top, Bad Boys for Life or Dolittle?

I'll be watching Weathering With You this weekend instead.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
If Bloodshot is good, it beats Morbius and New Mutants thanks to Vin.

Morbius will make more if Sony's strategy with MCU Spider-Man references pays off. If it fails, then New Mutants makes more.

Not confident enough to bet though.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
The main argument I always see against the Raimi films is basically ""not my Spiderman" which is pretty much the most boring and meaningless criticism you can find.
The main arguments I hear against the Raimi films are that its lead character was miscast, Kirsten Dunst was given nothing to do but be kidnapped each film and that Raimi relied too heavily on the "Dr jekyll & Mr hyde" formula. Which are very valid criticisms even if I like most of the movies.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I'll be honest and say that Dolittle totally has that air around it of a film everyone's writing of before release because they didn't like how it looks in previews, but that'll somehow end up with a RT in the 75-80% range.
That would be a great achievement for Universal tbh considering the production issues Dolittle went through

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
I've always liked Tobey and Kirsten.

Thought I was taking crazy pills when people were praising the mess of a relationship in the ASM films

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
To be fair, graduated out of HS early in the first film.
I'm always amused that they always put Peter in High School, but he was only in High School for maybe a year or two in the comics.

And, yeah, I liked Tobey - both as Peter and as Spider-man. He just needed more quips written for him. "Here's your change!" *hurls money bag at Doc Ock*

kvetcha

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I argue Memento and Dunkirk are his best films.

Tho The Prestige is the best in terms of re-playability. My issues with Prestige is some of the editing really takes me out of it and Scarlet Johansson is pretty meh in the role.

But I say his 3 best films are Memento, Prestige and Dunkirk.

Yesssss, more Dunkirk love.

The Prestige is quietly the most Nolan-y Nolan film, and it's nigh-perfect.

MizneyWorld

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
1917 was great. Been looking forward to it and it lived up to expectations.

Underwater was highly entertaining as well. Very lean. Constantly moving forward. Some horror but more tense, disaster flick. Fun ride. Both curious & non-curious should check it out.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Raimi fans started shitting all over the MCU Spidey movies for some fucking reason, followed by MCU fans going "those movies were shitty anyway"

I have no idea why people can't like both.
Even the MCU knew to keep JK Simmons around. Who could replace him? He was born for that role.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
I'm always amused that they always put Peter in High School, but he was only in High School for maybe a year or two in the comics.

And, yeah, I liked Tobey - both as Peter and as Spider-man. He just needed more quips written for him. "Here's your change!" *hurls money bag at Doc Ock*

Always bugged me about every one of these movies using young Parker. Yea Peter was out of high school in the original comics within the first year of publication, Peter has been out of HS for over 50 years yet they keep sticking with kid Parker for everything.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
The "New Mutants will outgross Morbius and Bloodshot" Train is boarding. Who wants to get on?

If New Mutants gets good reviews/buzz I think it'll win easily. People know who mutants are. I imagine even the lesser characters in New Mutants have more public awareness than Morbius/Bloodshot.

Raimi fans started shitting all over the MCU Spidey movies for some fucking reason, followed by MCU fans going "those movies were shitty anyway"

I have no idea why people can't like both.

I like both!

Status
Not open for further replies.