• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
Schlorgan as he sees the actual come in:
SPoH.gif

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
Always bugged me about every one of these movies using young Parker. Yea Peter was out of high school in the original comics within the first year of publication, Peter has been out of HS for over 50 years yet they keep sticking with kid Parker for everything.

It was actually about 3 years in. So starting with HS Peter makes sense.

Pete also aged in real time for the first few years.

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
Everyone on Era seems to be sleeping on Black Widow. It is coming off a long drought of MCU stuff, starring a very popular character that many people outside of here have wanted in a solo movie for years, and is opening the summer season. It is going to do extremely well.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Everyone on Era seems to be sleeping on Black Widow. It is coming off a long drought of MCU stuff, starring a very popular character that many people outside of here have wanted in a solo movie for years, and is opening the summer season. It is going to do extremely well.
This is correct.
And Disney is going to market it heavily unless they think Artemis Fowl is gonna be their big blockbuster on summer 2020 :v

The aftermath will be discussions about how and if they will follow the success with a Florence Pugh followup? If she takes the mantle in the film

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's feels like an Ant Man level movie I have no desire to watch. Black Widow wasn't interesting in the first place and has also died, not going to pay money or waste time on this, just get the cliff notes of anything notable (if at all) before the big MCU movies.

DC confirming that Black Adam will be swole.

Christ

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
Black Widow is going to outgross Eternals. Book it.

Eternals feels like a huge question mark. We haven''t seen anything from it at all nor really have a frame of reference for it within the current MCU. If it really fires the imagination then it could certainly break out into the upper echelons of the MCU. I'm more anxious for the trailer to The Eternals than I've been for anything else in the MCU in a long timee.

Black Widow looks bog standard MCU. Which will almost certainly be good for $800m-$1bn of course.

Last edited:

Old Man Spike

Oct 29, 2017
United States
I haven't been to a movie theater since July to see that awful Spider-Man movie, but tonight after work I broke that streak to see Underwater. It was everything I was hoping it would be, and I'll definitely be adding it to my collection.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
I haven't been to a movie theater since July to see that awful Spider-Man movie, but tonight after work I broke that streak to see Underwater. It was everything I was hoping it would be, and I'll definitely be adding it to my collection.
You do you, but a ton of really great movies came out in the last 6 months.

Old Man Spike

Oct 29, 2017
United States
You do you, but a ton of really great movies came out in the last 6 months.
And I was interested in seeing some of them, but ended up not going for one reason or another. Scheduling conflicts, waning enthusiasm, poor reviews, repellent Era discourse, etc. Studying the list of movies with wide releases in 2019, it looks like there were about... twenty movies I felt a modicum of interest in seeing in theaters; of those twenty, I ended up attending five. And actually enjoyed two. 2019 might have been the worst year for movie attendance by me in a decade.

In getting me to fork over money for a ticket, Underwater did something no movie has done since July 2019. Not Joker, not Frozen 2, not Rise of Skywalker, not 1917. So, it gets a bit of recognition however meaningless.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Open up the Box Office Predictions 2020 thread so I can lose on it again.

Next time I won't make a blunder like putting Defective Pikachu on it.

But I sorta wanna put Scoob for this years list.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
But I sorta wanna put Scoob for this years list.
Don't do it. I know Scoob's animation is charming and all, but I feel like audiences are going to be turned off once they learn that it's not an origin story/extra-long Scooby Doo episode combo but instead WB pulling the same shit they did with the DCEU and jumping right to the big crossover without doing the proper solo films first.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Don't do it. I know Scoob's animation is charming and all, but I feel like audiences are going to be turned off once they learn that it's not an origin story/extra-long Scooby Doo episode combo but instead WB pulling the same shit they did with the DCEU and jumping right to the big crossover without doing the proper solo films first.
I'm very curious to see how people feel about the Scooby movie's bait-and-switch. Because, yeah, it isn't REALLY a Scooby movie.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
Are we still doing this "solo film first" spiel in the new decade?
And the 4chan leak was proven false with the first trailer.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And the 4chan leak was proven false with the first trailer.

Uh, the 4chan leak was proven true with the trailer. If you look carefully you'll notice Shaggy and Scooby are never in a scene with the other characters (except at the beginning) and are instead off on their own little thing which confirms the leak that the whole movie is Shaggy and Scooby on some adventure with other Hanna-Barbera characters while the rest of the gang is on a sidequest in a couple scenes.

The rumor source likely confused Dick Dastardly and Snidely Whiplash as they look extremely similar. Everything else in the leak (Shaggy naming Scooby, Cerberus thing, etc.) is spot-on to the trailer.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
Uh, the 4chan leak was proven true with the trailer. If you look carefully you'll notice Shaggy and Scooby are never in a scene with the other characters (except at the beginning) and are instead off on their own little thing which confirms the leak that the whole movie is Shaggy and Scooby on some adventure with other Hanna-Barbera characters while the rest of the gang is on a sidequest in a couple scenes.

The rumor source likely confused Dick Dastardly and Snidely Whiplash as they look extremely similar. Everything else in the leak (Shaggy naming Scooby, Cerberus thing, etc.) is spot-on to the trailer.
I'm not believing that at all lmao. There's a worlds difference in them. Fam cobbled up information that was already known and filled in the blanks like always.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not believing that at all lmao. There's a worlds difference in them. Fam cobbled up information that was already known and filled in the blanks like always.

h3A26B6FA

You don't think someone could confuse these two characters if they weren't familiar with old cartoons?

Also, there was basically nothing known about this movie prior to that trailer dropping other than that younger versions of the characters would be in it and that there would be other Hanna-Barbera characters in it.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
h3A26B6FA

You don't think someone could confuse these two characters if they weren't familiar with old cartoons?

Also, there was basically nothing known about this movie prior to that trailer dropping other than that younger versions of the characters would be in it and that there would be other Hanna-Barbera characters in it.

There's been information leaks from animation cons for a while now. And we already new that WAG was using Scoob as a launching pad before the movie even had a director.
There's been information leaks from animation cons for a while now. And we already new that WAG was using Scoob as a launching pad before the movie even had a director.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm inching closer and closer to thinking Black Widow outgrosses Wonder Woman 84. Not by a lot but I think that it's possible.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I dunno if splitting the scooby gang between 2 groups is a bad idea. Heck, "Let's Split up and search for clues" is literally a running gag in Scooby Doo. Get the whole team back together for an action packed finale and general audiences should like it well enough.

And I don't think you need a whole lot of setup of other characters for a Scooby Doo movie, Ralph 2 didn't have to introduce all the princesses after all. Heck, Ralph 2 mostly wrote out Fix It Felix and Calhoun and still did fine. People had bigger issues with the Internet References become dated quick over keeping the core crew together.

Now I'm imagine what if they capture Dick Dastardly, they took off his disguise and it is Snidely Whiplash.

Also, I read this on the Ralph 2 wiki.

The filmmakers revealed that the film originally featured a joke about Kylo Ren being a "spoiled child", which was later cut from the film by request from Lucasfilm because it would undermine his role as a villain. Also cut from the film was C-3PO being mockingly called R2-D2 and BB-8 by the princesses.

Weird how Ralph couldn't do that whilst the Lego's Game could.

utvutqseykax.jpg

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Sony is bringing back my beloved early 2000s films with Bloodshot and Morbius.

Venom 2 will be the crown jewel.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
Now I know I shouldn't use ERA as the sole barometer for interest in media but the thread for Bloodshot's 2nd trailer is averaging a post per hour. Sony may want to actually sell that movie to Netflix because it looks DOA. It might be this year's Hellboy.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Now I know I shouldn't use ERA as the sole barometer for interest in media but the thread for Bloodshot's 2nd trailer is averaging a post per hour. Sony may want to actually sell that movie to Netflix because it looks DOA. It might be this year's Hellboy.
I've seen one twitter post about it and I follow a ton of industry/general movie talk accounts

Critch

Banned
Dec 10, 2017

If anything, that makes me feel better about Bloodshot's chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.