• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingWillance

Oct 25, 2017
Little Women was leaving my theater on Friday so I got off my ass and it was really freaking good. Thanks to the cheering section on this site

VinylCassette64

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I saw Cats today and went in expecting it to be among the lines of an entertaining fiasco like how some of the reviews were making it out to be.

I didn't get that experience. It was just mostly weird and uncomfortable to watch with a few competent songs and showcases that saved it from being completely disposable. Something of a warning for those who still plan to see the movie based on the more critical reactions.

It made me find positives in Star Wars for having some sort of developed script, which is saying a lot because I came away from ROS feeling like that had the absolute weakest writing of any film from 2019 I saw in the theater until that point. ROS only wins because Cats felt like its script was three pages long of dialogue and was drafted from a story that filled an entire two paragraphs.

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
Saw Underwater today. A nice and solid creature feature that needed more creature. Some script and directing decisions that I question and that hurt the film, but when it is focused on being a horror film it is fucking killer.

Essentially, one of those films that I am happy that I saw and enjoyed it, but also wouldn't be screaming at everyone to see nor buying it on release at home.

Crawl is still the modern creature feature to aim for for me. I am still shocked at how much I fucking dug that movie and still do.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It's always a good sign when it's Wednesday and neither of the big releases of the week have reviews.

So which is going to have the lower RT Score, BBFL or Dolittle?

Oct 27, 2017
WTF at Parasite? 14 weeks and still going and it actually increasing at a good 15%. Why won't they release it in more theater?

OP
OP
Schlorgan

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
Some reviews are coming out for Bad Boys. It could end up being the best reviewing of the franchise.

Though, tbf, it only needs to beat the first movie's 43% RT to attain that status.

KingWillance

Oct 25, 2017
When I saw the trailer before LW I kept on expecting a record scratch or something to reveal that its somber tone was actually a joke but it kept on plodding forward like we all needed to put some respect on Dolittle's name.

It was fucking weird.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Well at least one movie reviewing well this week is a pleasant surprise. Two fresh Will Smith films in a row now? That's fun.

And Dolittle is sounding weirder the more I'm reading up about it.

Audiences probably aren't going to like that Dolittle isn't the PoV character. And it opens with a Squirrel getting shot. If you just saw that Auditions trailer with the animals doing impressions of other movie characters, there's gonna be some mood whiplash for sure.

Also Downey does a Welsh Accent throughout. It's apparantly not that good.

Last edited:

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
Equity research box office predictions (JPM):
Highest grossing film - WW84
Biggest box office surprise - Top Gun: Maverick
Best performing sequel - WW84
Worst performing sequel (technically isn't a sequel) - New Mutants
Best performing animated film - Minions
Best performing, non-franchise film - Tenet

Their 4-week domestic projections (comic films):
- Black Widow $225mm
- BoP: $170mm
- WW84: $315mm
- Bloodshot: $50mm
- Morbius: $135mm
- New Mutants: $20mm
- Eternals: $200mm
- Venom 2: $150mm

- Dune: $155mm (!!)

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
Predictions for Bad boys?
I was thinking like $12 million opening before these reviews.
Now I'm thinking $20 million opening

Oct 25, 2017
h4kUTEk.png

Did anyone see this coming?

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Been rewatching BB over the past few days, as corny as they are, I love them. Cannot wait for BB FL.

Michael Bay is so gifted when it comes to filming and orchestrating action, the car chase in BB2 is breathtaking. BB is particularly special, and was shocked to be reminded how it does alot better then the FF franchise.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Not sure if this is a popular opinion or not but I've never liked Garfield in the role lol. Always came off as too "cool" and smarmy for Peter tbh
At the time I thought Garfield was a better Spider-Man and Tobey was a better Peter, though I think Tom Holland brings the best balance.

Tobey is still my head canon Spider-Man, though.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Bad Boys is at 76% now we're at 34 reviews. With a 6.18 average score it'll probably finish around the 70% mark.

Still, we had 30% predictions before so certainly higher than what people were first thinking.

And now we wait for Dolittle.

Status
Not open for further replies.