• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
What if someone told you that a Bad Boys sequel would do a 20% higher score than TROS, some months back

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Sony likely is rushing BB4 after it was very likely For Life will crack 60m+ OW. Also the plan was 3-4 would be back to back.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Furries are people too!
1124.jpg

I think I walked into one here

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I really think some couldn't really gauge the interest level of the movie in the African American community

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I'm curious to see how Weathering With You's second night take will look like. Given that the theaters only showed it twice (1 sub and 1 dub), the ~$1.6m take from Wednesday was pretty solid. Hopefully it can do at least another $1m on night 2 of the Fathom release. It's going to drop to 450 or so theaters this weekend which is still a respectable number. A shame none of them will be Alamo Drafthouses..
The second night only fell 9% so it's at just over $3m headed into the weekend. I have no clue what sort of professional estimates there are (none of the previews seem to be weighing in), but it would be nice if it did another $3m over the next 4 days.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
To be fair, this was originally announced as two movies... Many moons ago
Oh, I didn't know it was announced as two films. Nevermind then.

All signs point to them actually delivering not only a good Bad Boys film, but an actual good film on this one. That should be rewarded.
I know, I can't wait to see it tomorrow! But I just don't want them to rush a shitty follow up.

Zaiven

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 12, 2019
Did...did Universal really think that scene was somehow going to improve word of mouth?
I can see it. They probably thought it'd go over great with kids, especially if John Cena was selling it. I didn't even know he was part of this movie.

I'm not saying I agree with this, mind. But I can see an executive somewhere thinking that.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, I was so wrong about Bad Boys. Was surprisingly decent. Not amazing but not as terrible as I thought it was going to be. January so far isn't gonna be a complete waste of a month this year.
Bad Boys 4 is now in the works per THR.

This is why you don't give Sony too much success.
Worked for Jumanji.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Glad JoJo and Parasite expanded. Those are the last two best pic nominees I need to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.