• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm rooting hard for Shazam because Zachary Levi is amazing. His career deserves to go to the next level and I really hope it does.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It wasn't well received at the time. People were expecting another horror flick or thriller from him and got a Superhero flick. It's a film were people went back and realized it was great.

Dude's career is funny. Disney had him on lock down till The Village and tossed him after that. He did Lady for WB, they tossed him, did The Happening for Fox, they tossed him, did Last Airbender for Paramount, they tossed him, After Earth for Sony, they tossed him. Now he's on Universal, last of the major studious

And if Glass' 2nd weekend is BvS-level like I expect, Universal will toss him and he'll be ending his career making films on Netflix...

hodayathink

Oct 25, 2017
And if Glass' 2nd weekend is BvS-level like I expect, Universal will toss him and he'll be ending his career making films on Netflix...

The movie only cost $20M to make. Even when you consider P&A, Universal is gonna make a profit here. If he can keep his movies at this level budgetwise, Blumhouse and Universal are gonna let him make as many movies as he wants (especially if he keeps financing them up front).

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
I don't see much legs
Especially that End Game is releasing two weeks later

giphy.gif

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
I just remembered that Sony owns Funimation, so Broly doing well means yet another win for them this year. Basically what I am saying is if these trends continue:

imakenoapologiesufuckmxjpk.jpg

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
The same conversation was there last year with Aquaman. As always, never doubt DC
Basically. I would have called around $500-600 for both Aquaman and Wonder Woman and been wrong as hell because I didn't think the hype was really there.

The marketing for Shazam hasn't really ramped up yet since they put it on the back burner for Aquaman. The second trailer is rumored to be hitting Tuesday, so we'll see how people are feeling about it soon.

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
The same conversation was there last year with Aquaman. As always, never doubt DC
The total Youtube views for the 1st trailer (split between WB and Film Select) are pretty close to Captain Marvel's 1st trailer, but it's release date is pretty busy and I think won't get the legs.

If the 2nd trailer drops and does 40 million+ views then it's probably doing Deadpool/Wonder Woman/Marvel Phase 3 numbers.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
Y'all know there are like 20 days between Shazam and Avengers, right?

It's as silly as claiming Spider-Man is gonna get murdered by Lion King, ignoring the two week gap.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
Y'all know there are like 20 days between Shazam and Avengers, right?

It's as silly as claiming Spider-Man is gonna get murdered by Lion King, ignoring the two week gap.

2 weeks is not that long for a movie to be in theatres, DC better pray it gets their money back by then or it's going to be Hellboy vs Dark Knight all over again.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
2 weeks is not that long for a movie to be in theatres, DC better pray it gets their money back by then or it's going to be Hellboy vs Dark Knight all over again.

Hellboy 2 was a week from Dark Knight and didn't have a big OW on its own. Shazam to Avengers is closer to a Wall E and Dark Knight.

...I think we're gonna need to break out pictures of calendars before people start suggesting Star Wars 9 will eat into Frozen 2.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Solo is going to kill Deadpool's legs

Aquaman better move out of the way of Mary Poppins

I'm going to hedge my bets

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
Aquaman's new global total is $1.063B. With a stronger than expected number in Japan it could pass Civil War globally.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL

vinnygambini

Dec 11, 2018
Is it confirmed that it's going to be more about Prime? That article sounds like it's just speculating/being wishful(as are we all).

If I'm not mistaken the animated movie will focus on Cybertron. Now pertaining to the live-action, dunno what Paramount will want to do but Prime will either have an offshoot or be featured heavily in the Bumblebee sequel (that's what the ending of the movie implied as well). There's a dated untitled Hasbro film for 2021 so could know sooner rather than later 👀

Status
Not open for further replies.