• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabid-Coot

Oct 27, 2017
I'm gonna make a custom avatar with old movie Sonic

(As soon as I figure out how to crop in an exact square in Microsoft Paint lol)
Make an exact white square canvas in a seperate paint window, copy and paste it in, set transparent selection and line it up, right click > invert selection, right click > delete should leave you with the perfect square. Next select all and drag it into the top left full zoom will help line it up then grab the bottom and/or right edge of the canvas and drag to the edges of the square.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
I don't want to live in a world where Sonic outgrosses Detective Pikachu.

I'm fine with it in that it'd be funny, but at the same time I don't want to think about the implications that 1) it wouldn't have happened if they didn't crunch to alter the poor design that was receiving incredibly negative reception, and 2) the effects that could have if more people in the business see it succeeding after that

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
Based on THR review of The Turning we might be getting 2 movies with F cinemascores in the same month.

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
Been reading some of The Turning's reviews. Very yikes so I looked up details out of curiosity. It's actually kinda interesting.

This was a minor passion project for Spielberg in early 2016 as he wanted to move back into producing horror movies, especially the low-mid budget kind that could reap dividends if successful. He loved a screenwriter's adaptation of Henry James' novella and started putting the pieces together. It was originally supposed to shoot in late 2016, but five weeks before filming (and $5M already spent) Spielberg shut down the project and fired the director and a different screenwriter after their page-1 rewrite was horribly received. A year later in late 2017 the project was back in motion with a new director, screenwriter, and fresh script draft. Filming occurred in early 2018 with Spielberg unofficially on set. Originally set for release in February 2019 Universal pulled the movie from their schedule in September 2018. It was rescheduled in Feb '19 for tomorrow.

Oct 25, 2017
The first 20 minutes of Bad Boys For Life were pretty good.

Shame the projector took a big shit. I was buying what the movie was selling.

Paxton25

May 9, 2018
Just watch bad boys for life and damn it's a good movie. Proper got in to it and was fun throughout

Deleted member 55966

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 15, 2019
How dare you use the Joker like that?
lol

Ok, I guess I am confused. So it's been out in the UK for a month and made 18 million off of that? I can't find the production budget anywhere, but STX bought it from somebody for $7~$8 million and they're making money? So they're distributing it worldwide if they're making profit?

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
lol

Ok, I guess I am confused. So it's been out in the UK for a month and made 18 million off of that? I can't find the production budget anywhere, but STX bought it from somebody for $7~$8 million and they're making money? So they're distributing it worldwide if they're making profit?
STX will make a profit off of it. Maybe not a ton, but something.

More than they'll get from any of their other movies this year.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They should just make He-Man the 2020's version of the 1980 Flash Gordon: all the cheesiness of the era it's from delivered with earnesty and the best production you can get in modern blockbuster cinema.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

Uncharted officially moved from December to next March. Sounds like the rumor that Sony was punting Masters of the Universe to Netflix might be true. That movie is going to be dumpster fire, *sigh*

Travis Knight to Ruben Fleischer is so unfortunate for Uncharted.
He-Man hasn't started filming. I doubt it ever does. Doesn't even have a real cast yet, I'm not sure it's a real movie lol.

Critch

Banned
Dec 10, 2017

Uncharted officially moved from December to next March. Sounds like the rumor that Sony was punting Masters of the Universe to Netflix might be true. That movie is going to be dumpster fire, *sigh*

March 5th is also the release date for another video game movie, the R-rated reboot of Mortal Kombat.

Nightwing123

Oct 27, 2017
Bad Boys for life was such a fun film and I'm glad it's doing well. Will Smith and Martin Lawrence chemistry is great and the new characters are a nice addition to the franchise. 33 million estimates for BBFL this weekend also points to some potentially nice legs for the film.

Last edited:

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
I still don't think Bad Boys gets to $200M but, if Deadlines projection is right, it's going to be quite close.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
He-Man hasn't started filming. I doubt it ever does. Doesn't even have a real cast yet, I'm not sure it's a real movie lol.
At this point, it really should just never get off the ground, lol.
March 5th is also the release date for another video game movie, the R-rated reboot of Mortal Kombat.
I felt like the date was familiar. I just checked and it looks like Mortal Kombat has been prayed up to January and replaced it with a Village Roadshow film.

I'm hoping MK is successful!

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I finally saw Knives Out. Holy shit. Holy shit. What a film. The cast was great, Ana de Armas especially, and the script was clever and tight. I'm already fiendish for a rewatch.

And donuts.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Bad Boys was a ton of fun. Seems like the change in directors did wonders since the movie actually feels refreshing. Itching to see it again.

Also saw 1917 for a second time. The ending got me good this time.

With Bad Boys, I've now seen 8 movies in theaters in January, which is the most movies I've seen in theaters in a single month ever. The movies I saw were:

Frozen 2
Jumanji: The Next Level
Spies in Disguise
Jojo Rabbit
Little Women
Pacto de Fuga (chilean movie)
Bad Boys for Life

February is looking much lighter for me in comparison.

Sony has held the cinematic rights to MotU for like a decade now and they haven't done anything with it. I won't believe that movie exists until I actually see it.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
The fact that Paramount will likely be able to run a "#1 movie in the world" ad campaign for the Sonic movie just tickles me.

8-year-old me would be freaking out right now.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
I'm seeing The Turning tomorrow. After having seen Letterboxd reviews about the film...definitely not surprised lol

Ah well. I got to watch Color Out Of Space on Wednesday, my great movie quota for the week was already met regardless

...holy fucking god

For those wondering, the rumors were completely true. The Turning straight up had no ending. Like a book that's final page pauses mid-sente

If it weren't for Murder Of Nicole Brown Simpson (directed by the guy who made Haunting Of Sharon Tate), this would easily be the worst film of the year so far. This was just unacceptable. And yes I saw The Grudge (2020), that was nowhere near this bad
and it had an ending

Status
Not open for further replies.