• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 29, 2017
Australia
Will Frozen II take the 10th place on the highest grossing films?? I really hope so!

Of course. It only needs another $400,000.

2JexLyu.jpg

WoahW

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bad Boys was surprisingly good, Dolittle wasn't nearly as bad as people made it out to be though wasn't great by any stretch and it's a shame 1917 has no premium formats anymore as it deserves it still.

cheesekao

Dec 1, 2017
Bad Boys doing well both financially and critically is honestly pretty surprising since I don't think many people were super positive on it a while ago. Not too shabby for a sequel to a 17 year old film.

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
Bad Boys absolutely whipped ass! Great movie; glad to see it succeed.

I love both Bad Boys films, but for different reasons — the first is a decent buddy cop crime/thriller, whereas the sequel is an overdosed action movie with outdated comedic dialogue.

'Bad Boys For Life' blends those two films together and continues to make the most of the easygoing charm of the onscreen duo to good effect, and it works so, so well!

After the terrible first trailer, I not only came away feeling good about the movie, but I was surprised at just how enjoyable it actually is. It certainly helps that the runtime was a shy under two-hours too, as I felt that 'John Wick: Chapter 3' slightly outstayed its welcome.

Here's hoping 'Bad Boys For Life' makes at least $250 million worldwide.

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
It does have extremely strong WOM with the black community though. Which should
do a lot of work at chipping away that that negative.
Yup. Still gonna do extremely well, and easily be the highest grossing film in the series. Them keeping the budget down compared to the second one helps a lot too. It is really nice seeing a surprise breakout like this, because leading into the weekend I was thinking it would only do in the mid 30m range. Oh boy, was I WAY off on that.

Oct 25, 2017
I do think Bad Boys will do better then expected because even critics have been pretty positive on it. It seems the general consensus is above better then expected, it's just good all around

Oct 25, 2017
US Box Office ERA, got a question for ya.

Portrait of a Lady on Fire is getting its wider release in February starting the 14th and 21st in some areas.

Is it listed at your theater(s) and would ya see it if it did?

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why the fuck does everyone have Brie avatars now and why the fuck wasn't I invited

bixente

Jan 27, 2019
giphy.gif

Glad BB is doing well but Bay needs to direct the next one. This one was severely lacking in areas.

Personally I'm happy with the Belgian directors. Bay did a great job with Bad Boys of course - It's one of my fave movies - but I didn't like BB2 and I really enjoyed Bad Boys For Life. Felt like the follow up to the original I'd been waiting for.

Deleted member 16452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
US Box Office ERA, got a question for ya.

Portrait of a Lady on Fire is getting its wider release in February starting the 14th and 21st in some areas.

Is it listed at your theater(s) and would ya see it if it did?

I saw it at a screener here. It's almost as good as Pain and Glory, if it was in English it would be one of the front runners for best picture.

Why the fuck does everyone have Brie avatars now and why the fuck wasn't I invited

Schlorgan fix this

$10 Bagel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still mad they used the title for the fourth Bad Boys film for the third Bad Boys film. And now they're all like "Bad Boys 4 in development" and it's like yeah what're you going to call that one, Bad Boys Got Five On It? You played yourself.
Bad Boys 4 Life

they probably weren't expecting this to be as much of a success as it is.

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
Bad Boys keeps topping expectations. $10.5M for MLK day and now $73M for the long weekend. That's a couple of mil more than even the optimists were forecasting Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.