• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Emwitus

The Fallen
Feb 28, 2018
5bxdnbapnoe41.png

Who's ready for 3 straight years of Familia?
Damn. They not even pretending anymore.

I remember the time comic book movies were the joke of the industry now everyone wants to copy them.

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
Numbers' chart is starting to update with actuals. Rhythm Section went down to $2.715M and $891 theater average.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Disney making a movie specifically for China only for it to be blocked from release. That'll be something.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017

Searchlight's Jojo Rabbit, which was set to debut on Feb. 12, was the first U.S. title to withdraw late Monday. Sony's Little Women, originally scheduled to release on Feb. 14, and Universal's Dolittle, set for Feb. 21, soon followed, postponing all theatrical plans for China indefinitely. Sam Mendes' best picture contender, 1917, which had been approved for a release on Feb. 21, has given up on those ambitions, sources close to China Film Group tell THR. Millennium's Hellboy has also put off its Feb. 28 outing.

1. Dolittle is EXTRA fucked now.
2. Anything with a late Feb/early March release in China should be looking into other plans.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think it's gonna review well enough, but why did they wait so long for the embargo to lift?
Some kind of movie marketing technique?

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
After seeing it, and seeing others impressions, I can't imagine it not reviewing well.

Not Wonder Woman, but mid 80s on RT... maybe high 70s. If it's lower than that I'd be shocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.