• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Aquaman had an excellent hold worldwide, making almost $87M this weekend. Down 38% from last weekend, despite last weekend being inflated by holidays.

It is now looking probable that Aquaman will pass TDKR to become the biggest DC film of all time, and WB's second biggest film ever after Deathly Hallows Pt 2.
Wait...it might pass every Nolan Batman movie too?
4dc.gif

If you predicted this a year ago you would've been branded a DCEU extremist and placed in a loony bin
Humongous W for WB/DC/James Wan, still haven't seen it yet, hopefully I will by the end of the week

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
How much does Mary Poppins have left in the tank worldwide with Japan still to open? This thing is really going to get doubled up at the box office by Bohemian Rhapsody?

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Sounds like Aquaman, Bumblebee & Spider-Verse are all going to do well!

Hope we see more of each franchise in the future (Aquaman is locked in, obviously).

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
NippyElectricDorado-max-1mb.gif

Needs Aquaman dancing in the face of Affleck.

Didn't care much for the movie, but happy for Momoa. He's a good dude.

OP
OP
kswiston

kswiston

Oct 24, 2017
How much does Mary Poppins have left in the tank worldwide with Japan still to open? This thing is really going to get doubled up at the box office by Bohemian Rhapsody?

It made around $39M worldwide this weekend, and Japan could easily be the biggest overseas territory if it catches on there, so probably quite a bit. This weekend slowed down more than expected domestically, but a $175M domestic finish will probably be on the lower end of things. Poppins can still hit $400M.

Lots of things are going to get doubled by Bohemian Rhapsody though. That film refuses to stop overseas. It might hit $800M.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Who would have guessed that the holiday box office may shake out to be

Aquaman>Bumblebee>Mary Poppins

Mr. Fantastic

Alt-account
Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Aquaman more than a lock for a billy. What a batshit insane timeline we live in. Very happy for the cast and crew.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like Ralph Breaks The Internet is close to passing Wreck It Ralph 1 domestically according to Box Office Mojo.

But more importantly LIVE SPIDER-VERSE. LIVE.

(I tried to see Bumblebee gang, but all the theaters around me made it difficult with the limited time slots. I've never been in this position with a film I wanted to see. And now it looks to be pulled from all of the theaters around me this week. I'll have to wait for VOD. Sorry.)

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
The year is 2019

The highest grossing Marvel solo superhero movie is Black Panther

The highest grossing DC solo superhero movie is Aquaman

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Marvel is gonna try a Christmas slotted movie soon. The Aquaman numbers are impossible T any other time.

Certinfy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Bumblebee looks on track to at least break even now. Take into account the additional toy sales the movie must have caused and I imagine both Hasbro and Paramount will be fairly pleased.

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
If Rami Malik wins best actor at Golden Globes, Bafta and BR gets best picture/director Oscar nominations, wouldn't be surprised if it gets a re release, would definetly add to it's already huge bo.

Deleted member 35598

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain
The success of Aquaman is beyond me. I cannot brlieve it has more success than Justice League and Batman vs Supermam, far better movies. But then again, a terrible movie like Venom had ridiculous success to. Strange days...

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man, Spider-verse held really well. More so even for losing nearly 400 theaters. It could have nearly tied MPR. Might it overtake MPR before then end?!???

The success of Aquaman is beyond me. I cannot brlieve it has more success than Justice League and Batman vs Supermam, far better movies. But then again, a terrible movie like Venom had ridiculous success to. Strange days...

That's because Venom was awesome and better than a decent chunk of MCU movies and every DCEU movie save for WW and probably Aquaman. :P

Last edited:

THE GUY

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So happy for Bee doing well, gimme that Prime and/or Bee 2

https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-is-aquaman-gonna-change-its-date.31595/

Anyways people really jumped the gun in this thread huh
My post:
Like, not one of those movies releasing at the same time is a threat to it. Aquaman will open bigger than all of them. Mary Poppins is the threat and it's coming a few days later. Although that's not really ideal situation either.
I clearly overestimated Mary Poppins.

Although, having said that, while I thought Aquaman would be successful, I was more thinking it'd do $800 million worldwide. Not over $1 billion. Crazy numbers when you think about it, especially since it's going to probably fall somewhere between $320-350 million domestic too. Movie's been a big success everywhere. It's a deserved number one though. Easily the best movie in the DCEU. (Even if the title of highest grossing DCEU movie is going to last only as long until Reeves Batman releases.)

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017

It's a much better movie than both of those. I personally like MoS a lot, and I'm always surprised that didn't do better. But Aquaman totally deserves to outdo JL and BvS.

Deleted member 35598

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain
It's a much better movie than both of those. I personally like MoS a lot, and I'm always surprised that didn't do better. But Aquaman totally deserves to outdo JL and BvS.

It didn't in my humble opinion. Batman vs Superman is one of my favorite superhero movie ever. Never understood the hate. I think people love to hate it and Justice League just because of Ben Affleck.

Status
Not open for further replies.