• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Seen that take on and off Era.

I will concede that its box numbers are beyond impressive and my overall disdain for the movie and its dipshit director can't change that but some the insane hyperbole around the success of the movie is has gotten silly.
Quote them please. Seeing one overzealous fanboy post something and then acting like it's some common take in your previous post is the worst kind of shit posting. I have never seen that take personally. Why are you acting like it is at all common? You are indeed letting your personal disdain for the movie get in the way of coherent thought

OP
OP
Schlorgan

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
ResetEra (late 2019)
tenor.gif

Jade1962

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Just got back from seeing the Joker and theater was packed. It's a holiday but didn't expect a sell out in the middle of the day. Wonder how big Columbus day usually is for box office.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Not that mixed reviews ever hurt a Disney flick, but I wonder if Joker has a shot at number 1 again

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I drove a couple hours today to catch a 120FPS showing of Gemini Man. It was pretty alright. I mean, nothing spectacular but I think the HFR there looks far far better than it ever did in The Hobbit. Only the motorcycle chase sequence looked really strange and hyper-real. Beyond that though, I think we are pretty close to getting HFR films that still have a highly cinematic quality. It just depends on getting more directors interested in the experience.

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
Soooooo…….looking at old posts....

My mind pegs Lion King real hard to Jurassic World; their original films were only a year apart, seem to be loved as much as the other, and have shockingly similar numbers in numerous metrics (initial domestic gross, initial global gross, rereleases, etc.).

So, I'm gonna go with 1.6-1.7 billion.

To reiterate - Jurassic Park and lion king released a single year apart, made almost the exact same amount of money both domestically and internationally, and both have huge nostalgia bonuses. Thus, my expectations are for lion king to do Jurassic world numbers with some wiggle room in either direction.

Lo and behold, JW is at $1.671 billion while Lion King stands at $1.649 billion.

Status
Not open for further replies.