• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
Joker was okay. It was well-shot and well-acted but not really well-written. Didn't really have anything interesting to say but it was entertaining enough in the moment. Glad I saw it on discount Tuesday and not full price.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Joker may pass the $330M domestic that BvS made. DC's top three would be Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Joker. Just like we all expected.

Some of the best proof yet that throwing all your big characters on the screen doesn't mean much if the movie itself is shit.

Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Joker beating Superman, Batman v Superman and Justice League.

what

a

timeline

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
True, Shzam deserved better, but im sure it will find an audience in home viewing - its an extremely likeable movie .

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I know. I can't wait for Cats either!
giphy.gif

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
Addams family was fun and had its trademark dark jokes so i was satisfied. Even had a scene of gomez and morticia banging for a second in a family movie

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
In the last year I saw Joquin Pheonix in two roles
MV5BYzY3MjA2ZDctYzIwOS00NDIzLTg4MWItMTQzMjJiMWRkZWE2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTk2NDA3MTM@._V1_SX1499_CR0,0,1499,999_AL_.jpg

In one he played one of the world's most iconic villains... and in the other he just played the joker .

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck it i'll say it

If Joker hits a billion

and Reeves knocks it out of the park with The Batman, setting up a sequel featuring Phoenix's Joker...

The Batman 2 does $2 billion at the box office

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Joker is in for another 40%-43% drop this weekend. This film is holding on like crazy. Truly impressive for an R rated movie.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I almost feel sorry for Will Smith.

But then I remember the time he tried to force his no-talent son upon us...

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Wait.

Is Joker actually capable of hitting a billion?

That would be something lol. I know it helps because it's the Joker but still, seems like a massive accomplishment

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
Why does that matter at all though? They'll be launching two DC films a year for the foreseeable future.

The "DC is a mess" narrative died when fucking Aquaman hit a billion.

please don't assume I'm part of some "narrative" becuase Im not sporting a DC avatar

it matters cause I don't want to wait 3 years between sequels.
it matters cause I never got man of steel 2
It matters cause who the fuck is Superman now? Why haven't they figured that out?
also, WHO THE FUCK decided to name SuicideSquad 2 "The Suicide Squad"
Dumbass title
Yes they're on a hot streak. Doesn't mean their release strategy and overall direction isn't a fucking mess.

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Should we have that conversation about the domestic r rated crown yet?
I don't think it has a other $120m left in it's domestic tank after this weekend. At worst I see it passing Aquaman domestically for $335m+ at best $350m taking the #3 spot for an R rated film domestically. It'll have a better chance at the #2 spot than the #1 spot imo. We'll see!

Wait.

Is Joker actually capable of hitting a billion?

That would be something lol. I know it helps because it's the Joker but still, seems like a massive accomplishment

It's on track to do at least $850m worldwide but that $1b mark is quite the stretch.

Last edited:

Icemonk191

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just thinking of it as the second coming of The Dark Knight. And that shit did $1 billion in 2008.

We'd probably be looking at a Batman 2 in... 2024?
I get it but.....$2 billion is not some easy thing to hit. We've only had 5 of them and they had a lot of reasons to why they hit 2 billion other than the movie being good (though being good was certainly a big one)

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
I get it but.....$2 billion is not some easy thing to hit. We've only had 5 of them and they had a lot of reasons to why they hit 2 billion other than the movie being good (though being good was certainly a big one)

I know. $2 billion is the new super milestone ever since 3D inflated ticket prices and we had this whole overseas boom.

But keep in mind that, in 2008 when The Dark Knight hit $1 billion... it was only the FOURTH movie to ever do so, after Titanic, Return of the King and Pirates of the Caribbean 2.

People may forget just how much of a juggernaut Batman is thanks to the debacle that was the Snyder era of DC films. A perfectly executed Batman sequel that is the culmination of a well received Batman reboot AND this well received Joker movie can hit that bar, I think.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
4 days out until the trailer of Vin Diesel snatching the comic book movie industry by the neck is released

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I know. $2 billion is the new super milestone ever since 3D inflated ticket prices and we had this whole overseas boom.

But keep in mind that, in 2008 when The Dark Knight hit $1 billion... it was only the FOURTH movie to ever do so, after Titanic, Return of the King and Pirates of the Caribbean 2.

People may forget just how much of a juggernaut Batman is thanks to the debacle that was the Snyder era of DC films. A perfectly executed Batman sequel that is the culmination of a well received Batman reboot AND this well received Joker movie can hit that bar, I think.

And it hit $1b without China back then. Even more impressive.

Deleted member 16452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is anyone else here going to go see Maleficent this weekend?

I cant resist Angelinas ridiculous portrayal of that character lol.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
please don't assume I'm part of some "narrative" becuase Im not sporting a DC avatar

it matters cause I don't want to wait 3 years between sequels.
it matters cause I never got man of steel 2
It matters cause who the fuck is Superman now? Why haven't they figured that out?
also, WHO THE FUCK decided to name SuicideSquad 2 "The Suicide Squad"
Dumbass title
Yes they're on a hot streak. Doesn't mean their release strategy and overall direction isn't a fucking mess.
None of those things are at all signs that DC is a mess

MoS 2 didn't happen because of decisions that were made by folks who no longer make decisions

Superman will return when the time it right. I bet they will get started on a reboot once Batman is wrapped

Why is the title of Suicide Squad an issue at all?

You're reaching, friend
4 days out until the trailer of Vin Diesel snatching the comic book movie industry by the neck is released

$1 Billion Domestic here we go

Deleted member 60295

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 28, 2019

Matt Reeves is gonna knock it out of the park, and we're all gonna happily forget Snyder "Batman" was ever a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.